U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 AM

41 posts, read 164,011 times
Default Roaring River Community

Anyone have info on the Roaring River community? They sent me a nice brochure but nothing about prices, homes, restrictions, etc............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM

1,500 posts, read 4,770,527 times
You can try these:

West Virginia Homesites - New River Gorge Preserve (http://www.nrgpreserve.com/index.asp - broken link)

Roaring River

Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM

41 posts, read 164,011 times
Thanks, I have a brochure from the company but it fails to tell the most important thing about the community. The prices! It states it has a helipad. I think right there that its out of my price range. By the way it is a slick brochure.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:07 PM

9,112 posts, read 20,397,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaseonlife View Post
Thanks, I have a brochure from the company but it fails to tell the most important thing about the community. The prices! It states it has a helipad. I think right there that its out of my price range. By the way it is a slick brochure.
I've heard their name before but I'm a semi-leery person when it comes to developers since there are so many shady but flashy sales offices out there. Their web site is nice, but the photos aren't of the actual community land area - they're generic stock photos of WV that you can purchase off of any stock site. They also as you mentioned, don't talk about price scales at all. Two red flags for me, or maybe I'm just being too cautious. I want to see REAL photos of the ACTUAL land areas, and prices, when I visit a sales site for real estate.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,787 times
Hello there everyone. My name is Eric and I work for Roaring River. I am from WV (Beckley) and have lived and worked in Fayetteville for 15 yrs. I am new to the Roaring River team but I feel I bring alot of knowledge to the table when it comes the area and community.

The reason I'm replying to this is because I recently received a request for some information from a gentleman in GA. He made a few suggestions about the information that you can obtain via website and mailouts and what we should include (price points, real pics. of the community, and clearing up the whole southern state comment). He also included this link which I felt I should check out to see what is being said regarding our community.

If you don't mind I would like to address these concerns and suggestions. To start, prices will vary. Depending on what type and size of homesite would fit into your needs. If you are looking for a wooded homesite that borders the preserve prices start in the $60's. If you would like a view of the mountains you would look around $80K to $150K. If you want a view of the New River Gorge you can expect to see prices starting around $180k.

As for the stock photos, some of the photos on our website and mail out material are taken from our development. Not all but some. What we want to do is highlight the area as well as the community. Besides, pictures don't truly describe the beauty of the area. If you would like to see the views and homesites feel free to e-mail me and I will share with you all of the one's I have taken.

As for being a southern state, I reckon it is who you talk to. If you watch the weather channel, we are considered a mid-atlantic state. If you go by the Mason-Dixie Line we would be a southern state. Personally, I don't have a preference.

What I would like to do is extend an invitation to you to come visit the area and community. We are having a Summer Discovery Weekend, June 6-8. This will include 3-day/2-night visit to Fayetteville. The weekend includes accommodations, wine tasting, catered lunch, and the opportunity to explore the land at Roaring River.

I appreciate your suggestions (you know who you are) and I hope that I was able to answer some of your questions and concerns.

Thanks for your time and interests and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Eric Cormack

Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecormack View Post
I appreciate your suggestions (you know who you are) and I hope that I was able to answer some of your questions and concerns.
Gee. I wonder who. duh. LOL

Thanks.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,280 times
Default Roaring River Property

Hello to all of you interested in Roaring River in Fayette County WV. I was born and raised in Fayette County and know those mountains well. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner and my husband runs a hospital about 2 hrs away from the development. We spent years trying to decide where to go after retirement and really had planned to head back to South Carolina. But after a weekend looking at Roaring River we realized the answer was right in front of us. We purchased a great lot and plan to build in a year. They just got the water utility contract ok'dand we should be good to go by spring. I advise any of you who want a nice secure area with interesting professional neighbors and lots of things to do, take another look at Roaring River. We are conservative folks but when we saw it, we knew it was right. Land Resource is on the up and up.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM

9 posts, read 25,883 times
Default Developer has shut down Roaring River

Please note that Land Resource, the developer of Roaring river, has shut down development & closed the sales office of Roaring River along with several of their other communities. The real estate / financial meltdown finally got to them.

I am a RR lot owner and have tried unsuccessfully to contact the company to see if basic infrastructure is going to proceed under the surety performance bond, etc. Please, if anyone hears anything please post!

SG

Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyguy View Post
Please note that Land Resource, the developer of Roaring river, has shut down development & closed the sales office of Roaring River along with several of their other communities. The real estate / financial meltdown finally got to them.
I am a RR lot owner and have tried unsuccessfully to contact the company to see if basic infrastructure is going to proceed under the surety performance bond, etc. Please, if anyone hears anything please post!

SG
Well, I'm on their mailing list, and I got a letter just four days ago from them sounding as though things are normal there. There was even a flier for a Mountain Preview Weekend this upcoming weekend.

Highlights of the flier: Mountain Preview Weekend, July 18-20 at Roaring River, Fayetteville, WV. They're offering potential buyers (?) a 3 day/2 night stay in Fayetteville while attending the event, with tours of the property.

Since this is a public flier that they're mailing out, I'll go ahead and post the number/contact on the flier itself. If anyone is having troubles and thinks they're pulling out or going under, maybe one of these will help:

866-469-5263
roaringriverinvite.com

Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,173 times
We also purchased a lot in Roaring River and are very anxious to hear from other owners regarding the status of the development. Is there any action that can be taken as a collective group of owners to encourage the continuation of developing the infrastructure necessary for us to build homes on these lots? I understand the parent company, Land Resource Company, is to preparing to meet with their lenders next week and they plan to contact the owners after this meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia