Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 38,772 times

Advertisements

*[[Garnett Rocchi]] ,Italian Mobster Memeber:Born 1984 June 24th Age,25 Of BlueField Wv,24701,Area...Has Been Conected With The Mob,Since 2000..5,000 Weapon, Drug Tracketing,Gambling's,Counterfiting Money,Hits On People,Blowing Up Cars,arsons,Paying People....!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM

7 posts, read 23,907 times
Post True True True Read All About it!

[[Garnett Rocchi]] ,Italian Mobster Memeber:Born 1984 June 24th Age,25 Of BlueField Wv,24701,Area...Has Been Conected With The Mob,Since 2000..5,000 Weapon, Drug Tracketing,Gambling's,Counterfiting Money,Hits On People,Blowing Up Cars,arsons,Paying People....!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 PM

7 posts, read 23,907 times
[[Garnett Rocchi]] ,Italian Mobster Memeber:Born 1984 June 24th Age,25 Of BlueField Wv,24701,Area...Has Been Conected With The Mob,Since 2000..5,000 Weapon, Drug Tracketing,Gambling's,Counterfiting Money,Hits On People,Blowing Up Cars,arsons,Paying People....!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 21,408 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianbluesboy View Post
I always heard about La Cosa Nostra (Italian-American organized crime) around Fairmont, WV and also Boomer, WV in Fayette County? But is there any truth to it? Also heard it about a now defunct deli on 4th Avenue in Huntington. Then there was supposed to be Mafia rackets in Wheeling and Weirton. What is the truth on this? Where are the facts?

Old 01-20-2010, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 21,408 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
The facts lie in the graves...and minds of a few still living. Here is what I know about them....told to me by reputable folks..I've been wondering when this topic would arrive.

Fairmont was the last depot for the Al Capone/Joe KeXXedy bootleg operation out of Canada/Chicago...The whiskey was the best Canada could manufacture and 16 distilleries were built to provide the needed volume. It was hauled in trucks from Chicago to Wheeling to Fairmont on Rt 250...deliveries were brought in and the trucks sometimes returned with stolen furniture or other goods brought up from other areas of the state.

In the 50's and 60's many mafia people retired in Fairmont. Kept low profiles and about all are dead now. A city policeman took me on a tour once when they recirved new cruisers and pointed out several homes belonging to mafia employees.

West Virginia was a central location during the 50's and 60's and used for meetings in private locations...Most of our influence has been the Cleveland people (strickly Italian
and the Philidelphia people...spanish and italian...

During the 70's a shift in control was seen in the dope business...other groups took over.
Now legitimate businesses have been built with the illegal money and reputations have been changing...it's hard to say anything about your employer if you are getting a paycheck.

I knew an old man who ran numbers here. Helped many an old widow too...as the numbers lottery is based on 300. It's a good odd maker and most played their number until it came up..almost once a year...a dollar paid back $100, if my memory served me right...1/3 went to the racketter, 1/3 went to the organization, 1/3 went to the winner. He would make his rounds..just like the milk man or breadman...(some would even run their own small change lottery.

I'm not worried about them so much..they keep things in order...I'll tell this story last.
In the 70's I was bass fishing in the Trough...there were 3 of us...Romney Red was everywhere and about 10 feet high and in bloom. One guy decided to go back a few days later and get some freebee. He loaded his car with several sacks and came home. begun pedaling the pot out of his car. Within 4 hours, a buyer pulled a gun on him and said these words, "Take that S^^t back where you got it or in 24 hours we will put concrete shoes on your feet and drop you off the bridge."
The guy took the pot back to the area where we had been fishing and threw it over the roadbank.

There has been several suicides in Fairmont in the past few years. People ran over by trains. I think three total...all of them at 2:30 am when the coal freight goes out of Barbour County to Pittsburgh. Each of those unfortunates have been the owners of nice cars and flashy clothes...and not really in any business for too long...

This has been a rich part of American history and we will never know much about it because it was illegal and secret.
That's too bad.
..[[Garnett Rocchi]] ,Italian Mobster Memeber:Born 1984 June 24th Age,25 Of BlueField Wv,24701,Area...Has Been Conected With The Mob,Since 2000..5,000 Weapon, Drug Tracketing,Gambling's,Counterfiting Money,Hits On People,Blowing Up Cars,arsons,Paying People....!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I do not know of this "mafia" in which you speak..

It's not what it used to be though
There is mob activity in Morgantown, but not what it use to be, most of the members are either retired or have died, I have heard stories from my grandmother about things way back in the day

Old 02-28-2010, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 12,980 times
Does anyone know of Charlie Maroon? My Grandmothers father worked for him back in the 40's 50's... I believe. & I Happened to be in his old house the other day and there were safes all over the walls hidden under layers of wallpaper. There was also hidden doors that were bricked over. I was freaked! But I can't find much on Mr. Maroon. Anyone else?. Oh this is in Wheeling.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 6,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpDAWG View Post
There is mob activity in Morgantown, but not what it use to be, most of the members are either retired or have died, I have heard stories from my grandmother about things way back in the day
Yea, that Morgantown mafia is basically almost done, thank god, most of them have died. There are still a few of them around, but there all older and retired business owners and one boy that is younger, I think he is in law school or engineering school or something. But what I can’t stand is how everyone glamorizes and talks about these people on this forum, when all they do is give Italians bad reputations. You take this boy, now he has managed a family business for years now (he is around our children, think about that), he can’t make that much more than minimum wage, but he always has large amounts of money on him and not just like a couple hundred. Where do you think this money comes from? Someone is getting ripped off & conned somewhere and people don’t understand this. Think about how many marriages and families have been ruined b/c they threw away their paychecks on gambling addictions and these people take advantage of it just to make money. What kills me the most is how so many people act like this boy is there best friend and such a nice & hard working person, are u kidding me, he is taking the easy money, go and get a real job. I like how this “La Cosa Nostra” B.S. is suppose to be a secret too, the people he runs with are like 50yrs older than him, this boy wears jump suits, carries all that cash, even wears pinky rings, honestly, its 2010, who the hell still wears pinky rings that went out of style in like the 60’s, can he make it anymore obvious? I do not tolerate people like this, no one should and it’s disgraceful to all hard working Italian-Americans.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 12,980 times
Does anyone know who Mickey and/or Charlie Maroon are? I need info on them. My Great Grandpa worked for them in the 40's & 50's. They are from Wheeling. Also my deceased cousins wife, well her dad is a part of the family. So yea their here. Mickey Maroons old house is haunted by the way!! my brother is doing construction work on it & Bad things are happening! Lmao

Old 03-05-2010, 09:06 PM

95 posts, read 291,023 times
Great reading folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia