U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM

281 posts, read 633,490 times

Advertisements

I just heard from a local builder that HOOTERS is coming to SPRING MILLS.Hopefully it is true but maybe someone can validate this rumor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM

985 posts, read 1,659,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
I just heard from a local builder that HOOTERS is coming to SPRING MILLS.Hopefully it is true but maybe someone can validate this rumor.
This sounds familiar. A couple of years ago (like early 2000's) there was a rumor going around that a building being constructed on Eagle School Road was going to be a Hooters. In fact, somebody even went as far as spray painting "Hooters" above the entrance to the building. However, of course this was false. I'm not saying that this is false as well, it just reminds me of that rumor. Could it be true? Possibly, although there are no permits or anything official yet. If it is true, I can only imagine the comments that will be posted under the news article, as well as the Journal Junction......

Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM

This is in Martinsburg, but there is going to be another Starbucks in Berkeley County. This one will be located in Martin's on Foxcroft (which is currently going through a major remodel). It will be located where the Marketplace Cafe used to be. It will also have its own entrance from the outside (so you don't have to go through the store to get to it, like you do at Target).

Starbucks to open in Martin's Food Market in Martinsburg - Herald-Mail

Old 08-14-2013, 03:38 PM

9,867 posts, read 5,779,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
This is in Martinsburg, but there is going to be another Starbucks in Berkeley County. This one will be located in Martin's on Foxcroft (which is currently going through a major remodel). It will be located where the Marketplace Cafe used to be. It will also have its own entrance from the outside (so you don't have to go through the store to get to it, like you do at Target).

Starbucks to open in Martin's Food Market in Martinsburg - Herald-Mail
Stopped in this past Sunday and saw how it looked that the Pharmacy area was relocated where the cafe once was.

Darn it, I had liked the fireplace that they had in the cafe area.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:47 AM

281 posts, read 633,490 times
The land next to Alleganey Optical is cleared and bordered off,not sure what is going there,maybe Hooters?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 AM

105 posts, read 128,648 times
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have some information about future/ongoing development at the Martinsburg Mall. You may have read today's article in the Herald-Mail about the demolition of the old Sears department store. There is a graphic that accompanies the article that shows the area will be replaced with six pads for restaurants and other stores (which will be detached from the main shopping center). Reportedly, this is the first stage of a major redevelopment/transformation of the mall. I have heard past rumors of a new wing being built on the mall's east side facing downtown Martinsburg. There is also a proposed outparcel for a restaurant or store on the mall's south side near Bon Ton. It will be interesting to see what restaurants and retail stores they can attract to the Martinsburg Mall. I would really like to see another major anchor store (such as Kohl's or Gander Mountain or Cabella's) at this location. It would also be nice to attract a few quality fast-food restaurants like Chipotle or Five Guys or something different like Sonic, Checker's, etc. If anyone hears anything about this major project to revitalize the mall, please let us know by posting your comment.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:33 AM

One other interesting development project in North Berkeley County is Meridian Pointe South. Work began on this project in March 2011 and is expected to take ten years to complete. This is the area off of Edwin Miller Boulevard across from the Martinsburg Post Office where the new Schewell's furniture store is located. Now that the Raleigh Street extension is completed and the economy picking up, we may see new development in this area of Martinsburg. I found a "Vision Book" for the project, dated July 2009, which has artists' renderings of mixed commercial retail space with residential condos/apartments, etc.

See this link for more information:

http://tmcms.techmethods.com/tmcms_f...ion%20Book.pdf

Old 06-06-2014, 10:44 AM

UPDATE ON POTOMAC STATION PROJECT: The Herald-Mail newspaper had an article, dated January 17, 2014, that talked about the possibility of a seven-screen movie theater being planned at Potomac Station. According to the article, the new sketch plans (submitted to the Berkeley County Planning Commission) included 62 single-family homes and 287 townhouses along with two commerical lots. In January 2006, the developer had originally planned for 21 commercial lots and 334 townhouses. The new plan resembles a residential subdivision with some commercial space, rather than high-density housing inter-mixed with alot of commercial development. I think the new proposal is a better solution for this part of the Spring Mills area (although having single-family houses facing Rt. 901 is a bit odd).

Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret.Squirrel View Post
Don't know if anyone is interested, but I have some information about future/ongoing development at the Martinsburg Mall. You may have read today's article in the Herald-Mail about the demolition of the old Sears department store. There is a graphic that accompanies the article that shows the area will be replaced with six pads for restaurants and other stores (which will be detached from the main shopping center). Reportedly, this is the first stage of a major redevelopment/transformation of the mall. I have heard past rumors of a new wing being built on the mall's east side facing downtown Martinsburg. There is also a proposed outparcel for a restaurant or store on the mall's south side near Bon Ton. It will be interesting to see what restaurants and retail stores they can attract to the Martinsburg Mall. I would really like to see another major anchor store (such as Kohl's or Gander Mountain or Cabella's) at this location. It would also be nice to attract a few quality fast-food restaurants like Chipotle or Five Guys or something different like Sonic, Checker's, etc. If anyone hears anything about this major project to revitalize the mall, please let us know by posting your comment.
Great information! Someone posted on the Martinsburg Mall thread that Panera Bread could be on one of the new pad sites. A poster who knows the manager of the Ranson location overheard him or her discussing it recently.

I completely agree with the addition of an anchor. What we really need are stores and/or restaurants that are nationally known but do not have locations anywhere else in the tri-state area. If the names are big enough, and we are the only city that has them, they will definitely pull shoppers and diners from neighboring towns/cities. -mmccul

Old 11-12-2014, 11:21 AM

SPRING MILLS TACO BELL UPDATE: On October 6, 2014, the Berkeley County Planning Commission approved a waiver and sketch plat advanancement for the Spring Mills Taco Bell. It is planned to be built next to the McDonalds along Rt. 901 where the Amish shed business is currently located.

SPRING MILLS POPEYE'S RESTAURANT UPDATE: On September 2, 2014, the Berkeley County Planning Commission approved a sketch plat advancement for the Spring Mills Popey's Chicken Restaurant in the Spring Mills Town Center shopping center. The location is on Lot A which is south side of Rt. 901 (Spring Mills Road) and east of I-81 northbound off ramp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia