U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 AM

282 posts, read 633,763 times

Advertisements

The following businesses are scheduled to be built near the new WALMART in Spring Mills:BOB EVANS,RITE-AID,BP GAS STATION,TACO BELL.
Does anyone know about any other businesses coming to this area.The rumors of a Martins,Olive Garden and Red Lobster are out there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 12:16 PM

1,502 posts, read 6,622,859 times
I know a Home Depot and I heard Applebee's. I haven't heard of the ones you mentioned. Bob Evans would be good. Anything but Applebee's, I can't stand them.

Good grief, a Rite Aide, they built one on every corner where I moved from. How many drug stores are needed . I always like the Epic ones so I will be doing my prescriptions at Reeds.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:34 PM

282 posts, read 633,763 times
Default Spring Mills

I have heard HOME DEPOT and even FOOD LION rumors for a long time now.I also know that SHEETZ attempted to buy Barney's but were turned down.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:45 PM

I did hear that Martin's was coming next to Home Depot.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM

10,948 posts, read 14,598,176 times
The Home Depot was rumored to be an anchor over at the development off Delmar Orchard Rd. off King St. extended. I'm not sure where that one is going..

" The comitted businesses at the Spring Mills location are Regal Nails, Smart Style hair salon, Subway and Wal-Mart Financial Services, Hobbs said. "

The new Wal-Mart off Exit 20 of the interstate is the anchor to the Spring Mills Towne Center, which includes a McDonald's restaurant, a Centra Bank branch office and a 18,000-square-foot retail shopping strip. A developer's plans to build a ROCS gas station on an out-parcel of the retail development are pending with the Berkeley County Planning Commission.

On Monday, the planning commission approved a preliminary site plan for a 13,200-square-foot retail strip mall on about 2 acres of the Towne Center project.
Also on Monday, commissioners approved a variance for a proposed Rite Aid pharmacy within view of the Town Center off Williamsport Pike.
The variance allowed a reduction of required parking spaces to 64. "

The Hearld Mail 01/10/08

Old 05-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The Home Depot was rumored to be an anchor over at the development off Delmar Orchard Rd. off King St. extended. I'm not sure where that one is going..

" The comitted businesses at the Spring Mills location are Regal Nails, Smart Style hair salon, Subway and Wal-Mart Financial Services, Hobbs said. "

The new Wal-Mart off Exit 20 of the interstate is the anchor to the Spring Mills Towne Center, which includes a McDonald's restaurant, a Centra Bank branch office and a 18,000-square-foot retail shopping strip. A developer's plans to build a ROCS gas station on an out-parcel of the retail development are pending with the Berkeley County Planning Commission.

On Monday, the planning commission approved a preliminary site plan for a 13,200-square-foot retail strip mall on about 2 acres of the Towne Center project.
Also on Monday, commissioners approved a variance for a proposed Rite Aid pharmacy within view of the Town Center off Williamsport Pike.
The variance allowed a reduction of required parking spaces to 64. "

The Hearld Mail 01/10/08
Yeah, all that you have listed minus the ROCS gas station is already there. They have already started the other area across the street and that is where I heard that Home Depot and Martins was going. I know it is a big area as well.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:22 PM

10,948 posts, read 14,598,176 times
There are pads available, but no commitments that I'm aware of. It was rumored for the longest time that Wal-Mart was going to build in Inwood, but obviously that never materialized (thank-goodness for that little town).

I can sniff around and see what's brewing on the back-burners. But then again, brewing and a done deal are worlds apart.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:01 PM

531 posts, read 1,552,765 times
I used to shop at Martin's several years ago when I lived in Frederick,Md. It's a nice store--love their take-out salad bars! They may be a tad pricier than some other with other chains,but that was 7-8 yrs ago--prices have increased so much on groceries!

Old 05-03-2008, 12:36 PM

2,816 posts, read 9,197,290 times
Don't know if I would count on Home Depot right now. They are based here in Atlanta and just Friday announced the layoff of over 1,000 employees and will be closing 15 - 30 stores around the country.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM

2,816 posts, read 9,197,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
I used to shop at Martin's several years ago when I lived in Frederick,Md. It's a nice store--love their take-out salad bars! They may be a tad pricier than some other with other chains,but that was 7-8 yrs ago--prices have increased so much on groceries!
I loved Martins, when it was actually Martins and not just a subsidary of Giant Foods.
The Mennonites owned the store in Hagersbush and the bakery was top notch, all meat was fresh, along with most produce.
Those were the days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia