Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 02:11 PM

240 posts, read 828,339 times

Advertisements

Starbucks and Joe Muggs. It will be nice to have two new coffee options. I would be willing to bet that Dunkin Donuts will eventually locate in the Commons too. I believe that one of the small shops is going to have a drive thru. It would make sense because the only Dunkin Donuts is on the other end of town.

I also seen that the Dick's Sporting Goods sign is now up on the store, from riding by the store doesn't look ready inside. This is one of the stores that an opening date has not been mentioned. If I had to guess I would say another month to 45 days, but who knows. Also next weekend is when Petsmart, Michaels, and Target open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,495,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Starbucks and Joe Muggs. It will be nice to have two new coffee options. I would be willing to bet that Dunkin Donuts will eventually locate in the Commons too. I believe that one of the small shops is going to have a drive thru. It would make sense because the only Dunkin Donuts is on the other end of town.

I also seen that the Dick's Sporting Goods sign is now up on the store, from riding by the store doesn't look ready inside. This is one of the stores that an opening date has not been mentioned. If I had to guess I would say another month to 45 days, but who knows. Also next weekend is when Petsmart, Michaels, and Target open.
Three in a row, I can't wait!!! I didn't know one of the minis had a drive-through, that should be nice. It would be nice to have an independent Starbucks maybe on the north end and/or Foxcroft Ave. Both areas would be great due to the traffic. Dick's I imagine will be the last anchor to open since it was the last one to sign a lease and to begin construction, nice for back-to-school season. Books-A-Million is another one that has yet to release a grand opening date.

Also, I tried Smoothie King next to the Starbucks in Hagerstown (by Best Buy), and it was excellent!!! They have a huge an sort of confusing menu but the guy behind the counter was really friendly and explained it all to me. I ordered a Pina Colada Island. It would be nice if a Smoothie King opened at The Commons, Martinsburg doesn't have a smoothie chain yet. -mmccul

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

19,375 posts, read 9,435,820 times
Is it possible to rename this thread 'The Commons' instead of the 'New Target Store'? Seems our topics aren't just all centered around the new Target or is that [phonetic] Tar shay?

Hasn't anybody who thinks that Bed Bath and Beyond is so great, been to the one in Frederick, Md and Washington, DC ? One wouldn't think that there would be much to offer at the one in DC if they only looked at it from the outside and kept on walking. Big things sometimes do come in small packages, in a matter of speaking. I had hoped ours in Martinsburg would have been just as big. Oh well

Maybe I'll find some consolation with the new Target ?

Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Is it possible to rename this thread 'The Commons' instead of the 'New Target Store'? Seems our topics aren't just all centered around the new Target or is that [phonetic] Tar shay?

Hasn't anybody who thinks that Bed Bath and Beyond is so great, been to the one in Frederick, Md and Washington, DC ? One wouldn't think that there would be much to offer at the one in DC if they only looked at it from the outside and kept on walking. Big things sometimes do come in small packages, in a matter of speaking. I had hoped ours in Martinsburg would have been just as big. Oh well

Maybe I'll find some consolation with the new Target ?
I have been to that one, and I've been to one before that was two floors. I still, however, and glad to have Bed Bath & Beyond in Martinsburg regardless of the size.

Yes, I have considered changing the name of the thread as well. However, I don't think we can do that especially since we didn't start the thread in the first place. BTW what happened to Reesy and Americanwife? They used to be really active in this thread. -mmccul

Old 07-20-2009, 07:59 AM

308 posts, read 796,948 times
I am still around but not as active as before.I will see if i can change thread since i started it and will update this posting with my results.By the way i hope this new Target store does better than the one in Hagerstown and their dingy atmosphere and especially their management team.What a joke.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 AM

Default Target store update

Unfortunately i do not see a way to change the thread to read THE COMMONS

Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,366,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
Unfortunately i do not see a way to change the thread to read THE COMMONS
Well, once The Commons is finished we can start posting about Potomac Station at Spring Mills.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Well, once The Commons is finished we can start posting about Potomac Station at Spring Mills.
Good point! Speaking of The Commons, AT&T has signed a lease for a new store at The Commons. A coming soon sign has been placed next to the other ones. In just five-six days from now, Target, PetSmart, and Michael's will be open to the public!!! -mmccul

Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 AM

121 posts, read 132,543 times
I'm gonna be sad when all the stores are announced, lol. It's fun to watch all the signs go up and the news to come out haha.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Default Potomac station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Thats a great idea.The only business i know of that is underway is Burger King and also i believe over 100 townhouses.I don't know whatever happened to the original plan of a Bob Evans and Taco Bell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia