U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 AM

4,841 posts, read 2,663,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
Sent message to Sonic, too!

Whoever creates a decently budgeted plan to make traffic flow go better needs to be paid big bucks, because there's almost no way we can make the traffic flow better without a LOT of money paid.
Sonic would be nice. Get so jealous of other areas that have them when I see those commercials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 AM

565 posts, read 842,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
Sent message to Sonic, too!

Whoever creates a decently budgeted plan to make traffic flow go better needs to be paid big bucks, because there's almost no way we can make the traffic flow better without a LOT of money paid.
Thanks again!!! I was in Wheeling the other day and I ate at Cheddar's at The Highlands (where Cabela's is) excellent food, and a very unique apnosphere. This would be great in the Martinsburg area. I'm not suggesting you write to them in any way, it's just a suggestion for the good of the thread. -mmccul

Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Well I broke out photoshop for our discussion. I designed my idea for the interchange with the northbound ramp going overtop the interstate and meeting at The Commons stoplight.

Click below for my design:

New Exit 12 Design picture by RD35 - Photobucket

Be sure to select full size.

Also here is my idea for the "South end Bypass"

South End bypass picture by RD35 - Photobucket
Excellent job RD35!!! You should present these to WVDOH...lol! The only thing like Caine said is the loop going over 81. Not only would something like that be expensive, but it would be confusing to newcomers. I actually had sort of the same plan in mind with the overpass loop, again great job!! -mmccul

Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM

228 posts, read 465,898 times
Books A Million opened today. Very nice, spacious, and organized store. I would have had a cup of Joe Mugg's coffee, but I had just came from Target and got a Starbucks drink and noticed BAM was open. Five Below next door is getting close, the grand opening is August 14.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 AM

385 posts, read 1,220,147 times
Yay! We so need a bookstore in Martinsburg!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Books A Million opened today. Very nice, spacious, and organized store. I would have had a cup of Joe Mugg's coffee, but I had just came from Target and got a Starbucks drink and noticed BAM was open. Five Below next door is getting close, the grand opening is August 14.
Great!!! Thanks, I didn't know they were that close to opening!

It's hard to believe that in just seven days Best Buy will be open for business, I can't wait I love Best Buy! I believe TJ Maxx is opening August 9th as well. Dick's Sporting Goods looks like it's getting closer to completion, I'd say they'll be open beginning of September at the earliest. -mmccul

Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 AM

23 posts, read 34,242 times
Dick's will soft open August 27th with the Grand Opening set for September 13.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaplaysflute View Post
Dick's will soft open August 27th with the Grand Opening set for September 13.
Great, thanks mama!!! It seems a lot of these stores are going with the soft opening idea. I think it is a good idea to get the employees "broken-in" to the store, customers, etc. Does anyone know if Best Buy is having a soft opening or is next Friday the official day? -mmccul

Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM

228 posts, read 465,898 times
Great! Thanks for the news mamaplaysflute. I can't wait for Dick's Sporting Goods to open, I love that store. I would be willing to bet that Best Buy will have a soft opening as well. I drove by there the other night and the store was completely ready inside. I will start trying Tuesday or Wednesday to see if they are open.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:42 PM

In today's Journal in the section where they have all the Sunday coupons there was a paper for the grand opening at Best Buy. The first 100 customers get $10 gift cards, you have to be there by 10 am (that's when the store officially opens). I am going to try to be one of the first 100 but I imagine it will be hard once word gets out about it. Even if I don't make it I'll still be just as happy to explore the new store. -mmccul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia