Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 06:38 PM

25 posts, read 50,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
In today's Journal in the section where they have all the Sunday coupons there was a paper for the grand opening at Best Buy. The first 100 customers get $10 gift cards, you have to be there by 10 am (that's when the store officially opens). I am going to try to be one of the first 100 but I imagine it will be hard once word gets out about it. Even if I don't make it I'll still be just as happy to explore the new store. -mmccul
If you would have gotten the Journal Plus! which is the free addition on Friday they had the ad in there about it opening up on Friday August 7th and the first 100 customers getting $25 dollar gift cards. How could they tell people on Sunday that they only get $10?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,491,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine View Post
If you would have gotten the Journal Plus! which is the free addition on Friday they had the ad in there about it opening up on Friday August 7th and the first 100 customers getting $25 dollar gift cards. How could they tell people on Sunday that they only get $10?
OOPS!!! I'm sorry, I just looked at the coupon again and saw it says $20 to the first 100 customers, my mistake. There's a Journal Plus? I've never heard of it. -mmccul

Old 08-02-2009, 07:12 PM

240 posts, read 827,665 times
I imagine people will begin "camping" out on Thursday night. I would love to join the crowd, but I have to be at work at 630am Friday. I will definitely stop in after work.

In the Journal insert there is also a coupon to get a $5 Gift Card with a $50 Purchase, $10 Gift Card with $100 Purchase, and a $25 Gift Card with $250 purchase.

mmccul what time do you plan on being there to line up?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
I imagine people will begin "camping" out on Thursday night. I would love to join the crowd, but I have to be at work at 630am Friday. I will definitely stop in after work.

In the Journal insert there is also a coupon to get a $5 Gift Card with a $50 Purchase, $10 Gift Card with $100 Purchase, and a $25 Gift Card with $250 purchase.

mmccul what time do you plan on being there to line up?
I don't know, like you said people will camp out the night before, and I'm not much of a camper. So I'll probably show up in the morning, hopefully less than 100 people camp out. Even if I don't make it I'll be happy enough to be there for the grand opening. -mmccul

Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 AM

121 posts, read 132,486 times
Can someone make a list of all the stores that are already announced? And just put "open" or the date they open beside them Because I may be going there later today!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 AM

307 posts, read 690,225 times
Ledo's pizza too...I love ledo's!!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
Can someone make a list of all the stores that are already announced? And just put "open" or the date they open beside them Because I may be going there later today!
Sure, here you are:

Target: Open (Starbucks & Pizza Hut Express: Open)
PetSmart: Open
Books-A-Million: Open (Joe Muggs: Open)
Bed Bath & Beyond: Open
Staples: Opens next summer
TJ Maxx: Opens this Sunday, August 9th.
Michael's: I'm not sure, I think it might be open.
Dick's Sporting Goods: Opens September 13th.
Best Buy: Opens this Friday, August 7th.
Five Below: Opens August (not sure of the exact date)

I'm not sure if Michael's is open yet, Five Below opens this month but I can't remember what date. Also, I read in an article where Staples isn't opening until summer 2010, which almost needs an explanation. -mmccul

Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM

I went to PetSmart for the first time last night! Very nicely layed out, and had a very "open" feel to it. Two things I liked about this store is that the cat adoption center is in a seperate kiosk (like the bird cages) so you don't have to walk in a seperate room to see them. Also, the cats are housed behind a glass case. An employee told me that the cases are soundproof, so the cats can sleep and not have to be disturbed by store noise. Plus, the glass blocks any litter box odors from entering the store (a problem at the Hagerstown store). Also, the pet training area is tucked away in a front corner, which leaves more space in the center of the store for merchandise. Overall, a really nice store for the Martinsburg area. -mmccul

Old 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,363,200 times
I got coupons in the mail for Best Buy stating their grand opening August 7.

I am interested in Ledo's too, I like their food. Even though I am not sure about the Jamaican restaurant I am up to try something new so can't wait for that either.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:10 PM

121 posts, read 132,486 times
Thank you.

I'm going to the COmmons today. I went just to go to Target twice but I'm actually gonna check out all the other stores as well.

I know one of the people that are gonna be working at Ledo's, she works at the Charles Town one(or shepherdstown, wherever there is one! :P) but she's moving to the Martinsburg one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia