Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 06:54 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,363,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
Going to Best Buy tomorrow...And going to TJ Maxx Sunday. =]
Sounds like you have your weekend planned out .

I hope the Best Buy is laid out better than the one in Hagerstown, That store seems to be scattered to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,492,952 times
I just returned from Best Buy. I chickened-out on the first 100 thing, but I went at around 1:30, and just got home at 3:28. The store is very beautiful, all of the light in the store was coming through the skylights (at one point, it was becoming overcast and the lights turned on). I talked to three employees and they were all extremely helpful and friendly. The store is layed-out differently than Hagerstown. For example, the TV's are on the back wall instead of the right wall. Also, the computers, laptops & accessories are on the right side of the store. It is very nicely layed-out, the aisles are nice and organized. In clonclusion, a beautiful store with wonderful employees. -mmccul

Old 08-07-2009, 02:26 PM

121 posts, read 132,507 times
I loved it at Best Buy. One employee mentioned to my mom that I should buy her a new TV(lmao) and I told him how I didn't have a job, but he said he would help me get one since he referred me, which is awesome, but I don't need a job lol.

The computers, TV's, among many other things are cheaper than any other store in the area, bar-none....

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM

240 posts, read 827,890 times
I just got back from Best Buy and was very impressed. They were extremely busy this evening. The store is about the same size as Hagerstown, but is laid out much better. They have a great selection of laptops, I am going to research them online tonight and head back tomorrow to buy one.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,492,952 times
Default Best Buy Photos!!!

I found these excellent photos of Best Buy's grand opening on The Journal's CU (See You) website. Check them out:

CU | Purchase Prints, View Galleries, Upload Photos

-mmccul

Old 08-08-2009, 08:17 PM

19,346 posts, read 9,421,716 times
Walked past Staples and my husband said, "wonder when they're opening?" Told him that I read in the forum that it may not open for another year yet. He was incredulous. Don't they have to pay the rent of that space whether they're in it or not ?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 PM

240 posts, read 827,890 times
mmccul thanks for the pictures. Also here is another site with information on the opening:

*Articles | Best Buy Donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club at Grand Opening | InThePanhandle.com | The Eastern WV Community Website Looks like the line was pretty long when they opened. Looks like it went down to the Michaels store.

cat1116, I agree that seems like a waste of money for staples to let it sit empty for almost a year. I would imagine they would still have to pay the lease. Maybe staples said they will commit to the Shopping Center, but won't start the lease until a certain time? Strange.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
mmccul thanks for the pictures. Also here is another site with information on the opening:

*Articles | Best Buy Donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club at Grand Opening | InThePanhandle.com | The Eastern WV Community Website Looks like the line was pretty long when they opened. Looks like it went down to the Michaels store.

cat1116, I agree that seems like a waste of money for staples to let it sit empty for almost a year. I would imagine they would still have to pay the lease. Maybe staples said they will commit to the Shopping Center, but won't start the lease until a certain time? Strange.
Best Buy is an amazing franchise in my opinion. They probably do this type of thing in every community which is amazing.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM

308 posts, read 796,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd35 View Post
michael's is open. I went in there the other day just out of curiousity. It is a pretty good size store with a wide range of crafts. I'm not a crafty person, but if i were i would be in there quite often.

Five below is opening august 14th and staples in march 2010. I'm with you mmccul, that much of a delayed opening needs an explanation. I am guessing they are not opening any more stores this fiscal year?? Also mid-atlantic protel has been added as a tenant to unit c-7. (http://planning.berkeleycountycomm.o...oh&dbase=41100)

y5nthon5a, does your friend know when the ledo's at the commons is going to open? I wonder which unit they will occupy.
five below opens august 14

Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 AM

I love TJ Maxx. I have bought a few clothes there already. And they get new clothes in ALL the time. They have great clothing, any style, any size.

As for other sites in the area,...
Dead Malls dot Com: Feature: Martinsburg Mall: Martinsburg, West Virginia
This site annoys me since Martinsburg Mall is on there. I'll be on that after the Commons fills up, and the recession is over, the mall will start to fill up because companies will look to expand and what better place to go? I'd love to see some major stores come to the mall so we can one day have a great mall. Why take up more space in the county when they can just occupy the mall?! I mean our mall looks better than a few of the malls I saw out in California, when I went out there in April, and I'm not even kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia