Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,365,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Good Question
C'mon Verizon, get on the ball.

We've got AT&T, but sometimes wish we did have Verizon. Perhaps it's for that reason?

Took 15 plus years for all this development - big name stores.

Looking forward to when RT 9 is fully completed. Wondering if it will make it easier to make left turn out during the rush hours or make it even harder?
You can't get Verizon Wireless in WV nor in Washington County MD. I was told they weren't licensed to sell in those spots. You can go to a store in Frederick or Chambersburg, I would imagine Winchester also. We got ours back from where we moved from and couldn't be happier with their service. We had Sprint and hated it, calls dropped out all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:01 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,494,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
You can't get Verizon Wireless in WV nor in Washington County MD. I was told they weren't licensed to sell in those spots. You can go to a store in Frederick or Chambersburg, I would imagine Winchester also. We got ours back from where we moved from and couldn't be happier with their service. We had Sprint and hated it, calls dropped out all the time.
I have Sprint and most of the time I only have 2-3 bars when I'm in Martinsburg. However, whenever I go to Hagerstown or Winchester I have 4-5 bars.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 AM

19,367 posts, read 9,433,474 times
Never had any success with Sprint either.
AT&T not really too bad though.

Dick's Sporting Goods store soon to open ?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM

19,367 posts, read 9,433,474 times
Question - re: Target.
Why can't there always be someone working at the express checkout?
Been in some rather long lines for only two items. There was not a soul working the Express check out line. Times like that I wish they had the
automated check-out line for less than 10 items.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaplaysflute View Post
Dick's will soft open August 27th with the Grand Opening set for September 13.
cat1116,

I've noticed that too at a lot of places. I've also noticed (and I hate when this happens) at Martin's, they'll have 20 check-out counters and only 2 or 3 open. This can get annoying and very congested, especially during peak hours of the day.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM

121 posts, read 132,535 times
K-Mart is the same way, with counters open. Sadly, they will probably close soon because of the Commons. Well, Sears ruined K Mart anyways.

As for Sprint, it really has improved over the last couple years, and is now the best service in the area. I can pick up ANYWHERE I am, even going up the mountain into Morgan County.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM

308 posts, read 796,910 times
Default Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Question - re: Target.
Why can't there always be someone working at the express checkout?
Been in some rather long lines for only two items. There was not a soul working the Express check out line. Times like that I wish they had the
automated check-out line for less than 10 items.
Target does not believe in express lanes because they feel that every lane is an express-yeah ok

Old 08-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
K-Mart is the same way, with counters open. Sadly, they will probably close soon because of the Commons. Well, Sears ruined K Mart anyways.

As for Sprint, it really has improved over the last couple years, and is now the best service in the area. I can pick up ANYWHERE I am, even going up the mountain into Morgan County.
I've never really liked K-Mart. The stores just seem messy and at times unorganized.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 PM

240 posts, read 828,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
I've never really liked K-Mart. The stores just seem messy and at times unorganized.
I agree most K-Marts you feel dirty after you leave. I try to support them when I can, but the store is sloppy and there's never any employees around if you need help. I think the days are numbered for K-Mart in Martinsburg with Target in town.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 PM

121 posts, read 132,535 times
Well, when K Mart and Wal Mart were the only ones in town, I said K Mart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wal Mart. Simple as that. I can't stand Wal Mart anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia