Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Home Depot and BJ's Warehouse is suppose to break ground soon down from 'The Commons' Just past Kmart on Apple Harvest Drive.
I belonged to BJ's when we lived in Maryland and their prices really went up and they stopped carrying a lot of stuff we bought. We belong to Sam's Club now and like it much better than BJ's.

I am not sure where Apple Harvest Drive is but I am guessing it is near the Kmart in Martinsburg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM

240 posts, read 831,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
I belonged to BJ's when we lived in Maryland and their prices really went up and they stopped carrying a lot of stuff we bought. We belong to Sam's Club now and like it much better than BJ's.

I am not sure where Apple Harvest Drive is but I am guessing it is near the Kmart in Martinsburg?

Apple Harvest Drive (Route 9) is exit 12 - Lowes/Kmart/Etc. Home Depot/BJ's will front Route 9 and will be right at the 'Queen Street ramp' as if you were heading back into Captial Cement (Essroc).

Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,509,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post

According to www.uniwest.com (the company that is going to build the center), it is going to be behind Porterfield's Collision Center (to the left of K-mart) in the empty lot. Bj's and Home Depot are going to locate there.

Last edited by mmccul; 11-07-2008 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Newsbreak!!!

Ok guys, go to www.aigbaker.com, once you get to the website, click on "Property Brochures" at the top of the page and look for "The Commons" (it's impossible to miss) Once you load the PDF file you can view the official site plan, it looks amazing!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Default Progress Report

Today I was going to Winchester via 81 south, I passed the construction site of The Commons, progress is definitely being made. The walls for Target are going up near the back of the property, and it looks like they are digging foundations for the west side building (Books-A-Million, Bed Bath & Beyond, Petsmart, etc.)

Old 11-08-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Today I was going to Winchester via 81 south, I passed the construction site of The Commons, progress is definitely being made. The walls for Target are going up near the back of the property, and it looks like they are digging foundations for the west side building (Books-A-Million, Bed Bath & Beyond, Petsmart, etc.)

Things are moving quickly now on that site, I'm guessing they are trying to get everything under roof before winter sets in. Everything is slated to open in July. I'm actually surprised a project like this is underway the way the economy is.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
I just hope Spring Mill does not turn into the Outlets II and the Mall. With WV's extra sales tax issue of 6% vs. 5% in Maryland and 4.75% in VA along with the clothing issue being zero in PA vs. 6% in the Burg it could be a retail killer. Folks only have to go to Halfway or 11 miles all highway to save $$$$ on shopping. Add that onto the housing bubble item in Berkeley, well let's hope for the best.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:24 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I just hope Spring Mill does not turn into the Outlets II and the Mall. With WV's extra sales tax issue of 6% vs. 5% in Maryland and 4.75% in VA along with the clothing issue being zero in PA vs. 6% in the Burg it could be a retail killer. Folks only have to go to Halfway or 11 miles all highway to save $$$$ on shopping. Add that onto the housing bubble item in Berkeley, well let's hope for the best.
Maryland raised their sales tax to 6% now. West Virginia actually lowered their sales tax for food.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM

Now that we know what all of the anchors are going to be, has anyone heard anything about what restaurants and/or smaller stores have signed leases?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Now that we know what all of the anchors are going to be, has anyone heard anything about what restaurants and/or smaller stores have signed leases?

Starbucks is the only one i know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia