Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 03:26 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,973,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murox View Post
You know, I've read your nonsense for a few years, and this is a recurring theme of yours: that any spending on what you declare a rural area with declining population is "wasteful" and unneeded. You do understand that other people besides the residents of those areas will use that highway, right? Do you know some of the county populations in Colorado, Wyoming and Nevada where Interstates 70 and 80 traverse? They're quite desolate. Do you know why they exist in those counties where nearly no one lives? So people can more easily and efficiently travel from point A to B.
You probably didn't notice, but you are responding to a post that was made almost a year and a half ago. Did you really want to do that? I don't think anybody would question the need for good roads in rural areas too. Priorities are another matter to move things to a current context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,579,059 times
It looks like The Commons was purchased by a Canadian real estate trust. They have an excellent website! There's a ton of good pictures and a site plan:

Martinsburg Shopping Centre | The Commons | RioCan Leasing

Old 11-01-2014, 09:22 PM

On the pictures, it shows a Riocan sign under The Commons' main sign. Is that still there? If you go to the property search, it says Riocan owns 100% of the center.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:20 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,476,379 times
Who knew Martinsburg was in Virginia?

Old 11-01-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
Who knew Martinsburg was in Virginia?
It's a Canadian company, so I'll cut them a little slack.

The actual property locator has it listed correctly.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:38 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,488,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
On the pictures, it shows a Riocan sign under The Commons' main sign. Is that still there? If you go to the property search, it says Riocan owns 100% of the center.
Yes, Riocan's sign is still there.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:44 PM

How is the construction of the new hotel going? Any word on the potential restaurant pad site that will supposedly be built?

Old 05-28-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
How is the construction of the new hotel going? Any word on the potential restaurant pad site that will supposedly be built?
The structure of the Hilton Garden Inn is up, and they are now putting the roof on. Construction is moving very quickly on it. The rest of the site has a lot of excavating, but no structures or foundations seem to have been constructed yet. It's a very hilly site, so I imagine they have their work cut out for them. No word yet on the restaurant pad site. With it being so close to one, maybe two, hotels I can see an IHOP or something similar there, perhaps a 24 hour restaurant.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
The structure of the Hilton Garden Inn is up, and they are now putting the roof on. Construction is moving very quickly on it. The rest of the site has a lot of excavating, but no structures or foundations seem to have been constructed yet. It's a very hilly site, so I imagine they have their work cut out for them. No word yet on the restaurant pad site. With it being so close to one, maybe two, hotels I can see an IHOP or something similar there, perhaps a 24 hour restaurant.
Sometimes diners, that are open for 24 hours, like sites like that. I'm kind of surprised that a 24 hour restaurant didn't locate to the MedExpress Outlot.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Default New Restaurant Coming Soon

El Pollon is coming to The Commons, in the vacant Jamaican Cafe space. El Pollon specializes in Peruvian Rotisserie chicken, and caters as well.

El Pollon Our famous Peruvian Style Charcoal Rotisserie Chicken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia