Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,490,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
Just hit up Chili's website. They said they don't plan to come to the Martinsburg area soon, but I sent a long response, including the link to this forum xD

Here's what I said:

Thank you. I'd just like to let you know that the only thing Martinsburg has that's close to Chili's is an Applebees, but most people are not interested in that place. We've been looking for a good food place (even though we have so many pizzerias, we need to have a variety of food places, not just italian, buffet, and fast food) for years and I think that if you could recommend the martinsburg area, it would be a very smart decision. I'm not asking you to ask them to come here, but maybe forward this to someone that takes care of where the new stores are built.

Not only is The Commons(AIG Baker) being built in Martinsburg (it will have Five Below, Dick's Sporting Goods, Jamaican Cafe, PetsMart, Best Buy, AT&T, Bed Bath & Beyond, Hair Cuttery, Ledos Pizza, and last but not least, the owner of the Commons, Target, Which has a Starbucks and a Pizza hut express...There's many more stores coming in too), but it is rumored we will begin to have several other businesses moving to the area soon, as well as many new stores within the next few years. Especially with Martinsburg being in Berkeley County, Berkeley County is one of the fastest growing counties in the US over the past 5 years.

And if you'd like some links that supports the Commons, and what I've said, here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/west-virginia/323293-new-target-store.html (This is a local group of Martinsburg residents talking about the new places coming to The Commons, and other parts of Martinsburg. There are mentions of wanting Chili's as well.)

To give you more Information about the Commons, the Best Buy being built is will be one of the few types of Best Buys in the US. The Target is one of the first to go green with some of their energy, and it's the first to have only some food, and other stuff like regular Targets(It features the best selling items that's in SuperTarget's food section)...

Please respond... I'd really love to see a Chili's in Martinsburg; Many of us are tired of having to go to other areas (like Winchester) to have great food. There's a lot of promise in this area.

Excellent!!! Thank you so much y5nthon5a for doing this!!! Hopefully they will consider us! -mmccul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Exit 12 is in some serious need of re-design. Chriscross309 mentioned that infrastructure is needed before this area grows too much. Well It's almost too late; Putnam County as referenced above has added about 4,000 residents since the last census and Berkeley County has added about 27,000. Because of this growth traffic is becoming pretty bad.

Exit 12 eventually is going to need some sort of cloverleaf for the people coming from the Inwood/South Berkeley area. Traffic backs up onto the Interstate creating dangerous situations and making a turn is very difficult as y5nthon5a stated. Maybe an exit swinging over top the interstate and arching towards and meeting WV 45 near The Commons.
Definetly. It would be hard to do, I've been looking at that area on GoogleEarth to see if I can come up with some way that they could do it and it would be a challenge since there isn't much room to add-on around the roadway. -mmccul

Old 07-25-2009, 11:36 AM

25 posts, read 50,977 times
I was looking at Google Earth too and a couple of you had mentioned about making a bypass to the Queen St. Exit from 81. I noticed that there is a huge whole in the Earth from Essroc so it would be very hard to do that. For the way things are the best solution would be making either a earlier exit that goes into US Route 11 or an exit that would merge to the left like you see in big cities and have the ramp go overtop of the south bound lane and loop around the back of The Commons and connect over to Apple Harvest Dr/Rt. 45 West.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 PM

121 posts, read 132,477 times
Sent message to Sonic, too!

Whoever creates a decently budgeted plan to make traffic flow go better needs to be paid big bucks, because there's almost no way we can make the traffic flow better without a LOT of money paid.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Default Play N' Trade Video Games

I just went down to Play N' Trade video game store today while they was having a tournament and I talked to the owner and he told me that the store would be ready in The Commons by October and that hopefully by next week he will have a sign out saying Play N Trade coming soon!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM

So...are they better than Gamestop?

But that's awesome!

Old 07-25-2009, 08:26 PM

240 posts, read 827,577 times
Well I broke out photoshop for our discussion. I designed my idea for the interchange with the northbound ramp going overtop the interstate and meeting at The Commons stoplight.

Click below for my design:

New Exit 12 Design picture by RD35 - Photobucket

Be sure to select full size.

Also here is my idea for the "South end Bypass"

http://s861.photobucket.com/albums/a...hendbypass.jpg

Last edited by RD35; 07-25-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 12:13 AM

Loving the ideas, RD...

Problem is, how much would it cost to build the first one? :O

But maybe since the Commons is bringing a lot to the area, maybe the city will give back to the people and give us better routes to get there..

Old 07-26-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5nthon5a View Post
So...are they better than Gamestop?

But that's awesome!
This is a little bit about them. Play N Trade Video Game Franchise Business Opportunity I like them a lot better then GameStop. They sell all games and consoles. No matter how old. The best part they let you play the game new or used first before you buy it so you don't have to predict on how good the game is just from the back of the box and get disappointed when you get home.

Last edited by Caine; 07-26-2009 at 08:28 AM..

Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
Well I broke out photoshop for our discussion. I designed my idea for the interchange with the northbound ramp going overtop the interstate and meeting at The Commons stoplight.

Click below for my design:

New Exit 12 Design picture by RD35 - Photobucket

Be sure to select full size.

Also here is my idea for the "South end Bypass"

South End bypass picture by RD35 - Photobucket

These are both great ideas just may I add in though. The first one with the exit 12 when getting off don't give the option to go right just left to loop around otherwise new comers and travelers will still try to merge right and then make a fast left and you know how people like to sit in the middle of the intersection like they do now and just hold up everyone even the ones who are trying to make a right and just go down Route 9. As far as the bypass I would observe the land as it is now first with everything Essroc as done because that picture is very old. Look behind Kmart once and see how close they are to the back of the building. Essroc has just about used up every little space they own. The City of Martinsburg should have done something years ago like when they built the exit they should have extended Queen St. to the Interstate then and that was 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia