Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 01:46 PM

5,991 posts, read 8,974,334 times

Advertisements

Looks like the travel plazas are going to get some major enhancements!

https://wvmetronews.com/2022/08/30/b...travel-plazas/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 10:17 AM

1,380 posts, read 2,488,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Looks like the travel plazas are going to get some major enhancements!

https://wvmetronews.com/2022/08/30/b...travel-plazas/
Great! Can’t wait to see the design. I’m glad to read there will be many EV charging stations. Regardless of what people think of EV, we must get ahead of the curve and make charging stations readily available across the state. EV will continue to grow and we have to be ready to facilitate tourists, residents alike.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Great! Can’t wait to see the design. I’m glad to read there will be many EV charging stations. Regardless of what people think of EV, we must get ahead of the curve and make charging stations readily available across the state. EV will continue to grow and we have to be ready to facilitate tourists, residents alike.
I agree! People should be able to drive all across the state and have a place to charge their vehicle. We wouldn't want our tourism industry to be hindered by lack of charging options.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:17 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,863,039 times
Interesting.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...3cEBUXAFpAy_9k

Old 09-04-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Great story! Glad to see WV hospitality is still alive and well. Those who are criticizing the EV and it’s owner must’ve never seen what happens when a traditional car runs out of gas or (wait for it…) the battery dies.

Old 11-18-2022, 12:21 PM

https://wchstv.com/news/local/govern...travel-plazas#

Here's an article on the replacement of the Bluestone and Beckley Travel Plazas along the Turnpike. The renderings look nice.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
https://wchstv.com/news/local/govern...travel-plazas#

Here's an article on the replacement of the Bluestone and Beckley Travel Plazas along the Turnpike. The renderings look nice.
Above and beyond my expectations! I especially love the attention to detail in the WV tourism-focused artwork, signage, etc. Great design and amenities.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/govjus...77720303786116

Old 11-25-2022, 09:27 AM

6,772 posts, read 2,564,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
This is the responsibility of the private sector not government (ie taxpayers). There are no government installed gas stations.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:47 AM

5,664 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
This is the responsibility of the private sector not government (ie taxpayers). There are no government installed gas stations.
My guess is that the land is owned by the state of WV and the gas stations are built and maintained by lease agreements with the state. In other words, the state will receive income from the lease and possibly a percentage of the gross proceeds while private business will do all the work and management of the facilities in accordance with their lease agreement.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
My guess is that the land is owned by the state of WV and the gas stations are built and maintained by lease agreements with the state. In other words, the state will receive income from the lease and possibly a percentage of the gross proceeds while private business will do all the work and management of the facilities in accordance with their lease agreement.
This is my understanding, as well. I think the stations will be operated by the private sector once up and running, but on state land. Other states already have this in place and it seems to be working. They’ll have a brand name (Tesla, for example) slapped on them. It would be like the travel plazas that have gas stations that are Sunoco, Exxon, etc. operated, but they sit on state land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia