Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM

15 posts, read 52,439 times

Advertisements

I would love any information on the Mannington area. Planning on moving to WV and want a small town. Any help would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 03:57 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,399 times
Mannington is a small town, all of my roots are from there (Dent's Run), still have family there. Here is a link that will help you out:

http://www.cityofmannington.com/

If it is still there, you have to check out the swinging bridge not far from the old High school, loved it as a kid.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 PM

15 posts, read 52,439 times
thanks for the info sorry i didn't get back sooner on your coment. have been busy doing alot of research and i should have checked bach here first.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:12 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,647 times
My dad kind of lives in Mannington... He works in the mines near there or something. He lives right in downtown. Personally, I'm not too fond of it and neither is he. He comes back home every Wednesday and on the weekends cause its just not that great of a place. It's really small, and well, I'm not going to say why I think its not that great of a place but just take my word for it. There are some really beautiful historic buildings there though

Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 PM

16 posts, read 68,588 times
Mannington is an OK town....There is plenty of cheap real estate and rental properties...it is a very Historical town...people who live there tend to live there their whole lives....it seems like very few people leave....I guess that says something about it! There are other small towns near there. Farmington, Barrackville, Monongah...Personally I would check them out too!

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,399 times
I will tell you that there is no real work there. The upside is that they have a Dairy Queen.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:19 AM

2 posts, read 10,497 times
Default Mannington

I grew up in Mannington, and yes the swinging bridge is still there but I dont think you want to walk across it, my sister and other family was walking across it about a year ago and it broke in a couple places, lol. And yeah there isnt much in Mannington itself. They have a couple grocery stores and gas stations, nice size park where the Mannington Fair comes to town which from what I remember is pretty good. I live in NC now, I will honestly say that was the best choice I ever made was to leave that place, I like to go back to visit to see how things have changed and how much worse it could possibly get. The mountains are beautiful. If you wish to go anywhere you have to drive at least 30 mins to the next biggest town Fairmont to even think of a Walmart or such. I did hear that they were getting some kind of amusement park in Fairmont. If you love older homes, country living and want to know pretty much everyone in the whole town then Mannington would be it. I will say it seems to flood a lot and the winters are bad. I would do some serious thinking about moving there, maybe you need to see it for yourself first, dont just move there. Enjoy and take care.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:23 AM

2 posts, read 10,497 times
The dairy queen doesnt seem to be open much either,your best bet is to go to the local hometown proud IGA and get a tub of ice cream. I also cant complain of the schooling, Mannington Middle and North Marion, I enjoyed going there, maybe cause the teachers are your neighbors and their children are your best friends. If Mannington would not have burnt down years ago, I am sure it would still have that old historic charm, but things change.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,607 times
Have you tried reading the Mannington Forum? There is alot af gosip and everyone knows your business in Mannington. There is alot Historical Criteria there but it would be better just to visit rather than live there. The swinging bridge was just redone last summer. Though it is be the middle school not the high school. The town is nothing but a big head ache unless you are involved in illegal things. Everyone knows everyone in mannington. Try reading the Mannington forum it may help. Good luck if you do move there.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,097 times
I am looking for a home to buy on land contract. I have 3 children and would like to stay in this area. The kids are enrolled in blackshere and I am employed at the Moose Lodge. If there is any thing available in the area please contact me. Thanks so much. (304) 816-1844 Crystal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia