U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-26-2008, 10:10 AM

9 posts, read 31,032 times
Default Moving to Parkersburg

Can any one tell me of a nice apartment or house for rent that will allow two dogs?? We have two Golden Retrievers and will have renter's insurance should any damage occur.

I will be moving in mid August, my husband will join me when our house in WI sells.

Susan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,483,230 times
I think I woudl post an ad in the local paper and offer to pay an extra $100 per month for a rural house to rent...city apartments have code conformity and unless the dog is in the 'servant classification, you are pretty well barking up the wrong tree..

Your Bulletim Board serves that area and is a good lead for rentals...Your Bulletin Board Online

this will be tough to do, Susan...as there are 2 dogs...the earlire you can get a handle on it, the better.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM

11,962 posts, read 7,327,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapeuse View Post
Can any one tell me of a nice apartment or house for rent that will allow two dogs?? We have two Golden Retrievers and will have renter's insurance should any damage occur.

I will be moving in mid August, my husband will join me when our house in WI sells.

Susan
I think if you're a renter now and can ask your current landlord for a letter of recomendation it's likely to go a long way with landlords wary of irresponsible pet owners. Locally I've seen pet limits by weight (10 lbs or less). Usually they make blanket statements of no smoking no pets because they've been burned by both at one point or another.

Some apartment complexes also offer the option of increasing the ammount of security deposit to protect themselves. Consider having extra money for your endeavor as your best chance to secure housing with your doggies in mind.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:56 AM

566 posts, read 971,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I think I woudl post an ad in the local paper and offer to pay an extra $100 per month for a rural house to rent...city apartments have code conformity and unless the dog is in the 'servant classification, you are pretty well barking up the wrong tree..

Your Bulletim Board serves that area and is a good lead for rentals...Your Bulletin Board Online

I didn't sign up at that site, but just going by their coverage map, I don't think this area is included.

If you could get the printed copy of the Bulletin Board which is published in Parkersburg, I think you could find a rental that allows pets, but they'll usually ask for references in most cases.

The office number for Bulletin Board is 304-422-9414 Mon. & Wed. 8-Noon, Tues. & Thurs. 8-5, Fri. 8-4, they might mail a copy. Bulletin Board is printed weekly.

Should you decide to place a wanted ad for your house, the 24hr. Ad-Taker numbers are: Area code (304) 422-9411, 422-9412, 422-9413, 422-9416. Ad deadline is Sunday 9pm, but I would call much earlier in the week, the numbers are the most busy as the deadline nears.

As time allows, I'll scan this week's copy, I never fail to get one.

I'm in P-burg, if I can help, just ask. TR

EDIT- I found many listings, some specify no pets, others don't. Found one in the city that said "pets welcome", and another location unknown that allowed pets with an extra deposit, but also an extra $25 per month if you have a pet. Forgot to check rental apartments. TR

Last edited by Two-Rivers; 06-27-2008 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Listings

Old 02-25-2009, 12:13 PM

12 posts, read 33,146 times
It would probably be more economical to buy a house in Parkersburg than to try to rent with 2 dogs. We moved here from Texas with 2 dogs and 4 cats! We wanted to rent for a while but found out it is nearly impossible with pets. We bought a nice, old, home for $64,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia