Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,289 times

Advertisements

You have one idiot pulling "subliminal Britneys" and the other is this pretentious wanker going around Europe seeming to insist that it makes him more "prepared" and "worldly" in some fashion. Plus, he has entirely too many people following him that are literally zealous about him. To the point where I think many may actually be temporarily insane. McCain, on the other hand, drums up as much excitement as a FiberCon commercial.

You've got the intrigue of race baiting on one side and mongering the fear of "terror" on the other side. Everyone hates the incumbent GOP president and the Dem controlled congress. It's an orgy of incompetence and idiocy.

And for the love of all that's good and holy, don't even get me STARTED on the anti-Appalachian phenomena we've witnessed recently.

Both candidates are far from what I would hope any rational human being would consider a great choice. It depresses me greatly that one of these two will be the next president. This is truly the most pathetic and ridiculous campaign I've ever seen up to this point in my short life. If nothing else, I shall be entertained. I feel like Slim Pickens riding the nuclear bomb like a cowboy into oblivion. I know this rambling wreck of a political process isn't going anywhere positive....but I may as well take comfort in the absurdity of the thing and get a few cheap chuckles out of it.

"Yahoo!!" *Waves cowboy hat through air*
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/61/Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores-720p.jpg/300px-Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores-720p.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
Can't you see it clearly...it's like two balloons filled with hot air...neither have any substance...
As the body electorate...we have been duped...and one of these anuses will be President in January...and its a guilt trip...somehow, I feel guilty...we never had a real candidate to choose...
McCain and the preacher deepsixed the rebub canididates and the Media did the same things to the Dems...killed them off early...we never got a chance to see who they were...still time for a good 3rd party guy to bring the country together...would take a lot of money but it could be done...Joe Lieberman? How about the real black guy? Colin Powell?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times
I've been thinking Colin Powell since the early '90s. Haven't heard much from him lately. He's got to be getting up there in years, though... then again, Reagan was no spring chicken either.

What about T. Boone? At least he's got some ideas that would actually make a difference.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:47 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,289 times
Just elect ME. I think 2020 is my first year of eligibility. I'll straighten all of this **** out.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Anyone who has brain matter between their ears in this country is rowing the same sinking boat I am. I feel for ya.

First time I heard Obama described as a "snake oil salesman" was by a black man. The shoe fits. My mom says when I talk about Obama, I sound like I'm voting for McCain. I told her I can't vote for McCain either for two reasons : 1) I lived in Arizona two years, and 3) I can read.

The propagandist still like to say a vote for Ralph Nadar was a vote for Bush, but I think those who did, clearly voted their conscious, and as Ralph Nader said about Gore, "If he can't defeat that bumbling . ."

Ralph Nadar, to his credit, called a spade a spade in that election, the W. at the helm would run this ship into the rocks. I wouldn't vote for Nadar now, but if Ron Paul ran as an Independent, I'd cast my vote of conscious with him. I'm sure the propagandist would have something to say about that too.

My bets though are currently on the W.

Voted most likely to be invited to a bar-b-que and supported by God himself (personal war advisor), he also looks most likely to continue occupying the White House as H.R. 362 (blockade on Iran) will ensure a war with Iran before he leaves office the first time one of our naval vessels attempts this act of . . stupid is as stupid does. Although technically, we can blame Congress for this rush to insanity, the W. will be forced to declare a national emergency as gas most likely will jump between $7 to $10 overnight with the first strike (theirs, ours, other).

The bar-b-que lovers will get exactly what they wanted all along, a fascist country with a decendent of royalty at the helm. And though I don't think they wanted a side-order of an economic collapse with that plate, nobody is perfect when God is in the kitchen. I'm sure the apologists of the W. will find a way to keep blaming Bill Clinton for everything anyway.

Bright side about relocating, is you don't know the corruption of state and local politicians, so it's like reading a new book. I know, the plot doesn't change much, but at least the jacket cover is different. I'm reading a new book called West Virginia.

No offense to anyone's feelings, but with the track record of political stories here, I believe I could actually make a difference and do some good. My campaign promises would have to be kept to a minimum. I'd like to keep my word. So if you find me an entry-level political office that puts me on the path, I'll promise you a cup of coffee.

In all honestly though, I'd be a tough sell. I don't have moral fiber and political correctness, and usually don't care if I **** anyone off who has their head up their ass. I'd have other image problems too, just not a big fan of bar-b-que. It's okay, but . . I'm a duck l'orange, lamb, and steak kind of guy.

Last edited by r601020; 08-02-2008 at 07:16 AM..

Old 08-02-2008, 07:07 AM

5 posts, read 17,872 times
Joe Lieberman always looks as if he slept in the back seat of his car, and sounds like a whiney cartoon character, cant remember which one. Anyone with a sense of humor would vote for him. Too many comics out of work. As for the current campaign, anyone old enough to vote should see through this ridiculous tattle-tale, finger-pointing nonsense. Why don't they? If this stuff didn't work, they would stop doing it, but it works....:=(

Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbamboo View Post
Joe Lieberman . .
It's frightening to think that man almost became Vice President.

Eight years ago he sounded like a nice guy as a Democrat, and I would've voted for him, but since becoming an independent, he sounds more right-wing than the zeig heil crowd. True colors. He totally lost me securing the northern border, while his assessment of not securing the southern border was : there is no threat to national security.

What do you say to that?

Old 08-02-2008, 10:15 AM

OK! WVUPharm2007...I'll write you in...is that Mr. or Ms. WVUPharm007?

If I know the county poll workers here, they will throw out the vote...don't want to count the write-ins...just the cronies...Demos of course...

I've did some legitimate national 'Write-ins before in the past and they were not counted either.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
I've been thinking Colin Powell since the early '90s. Haven't heard much from him lately. He's got to be getting up there in years, though... then again, Reagan was no spring chicken either.

What about T. Boone? At least he's got some ideas that would actually make a difference.
Better Colin Powell than Barack Obama------even many 'White supremacist' types at least respect the former man.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:45 AM

I think Colin Powell would be a 'no nonsense Pres like Ike Eisenhower...
What we do not need is another politician...their track record lacks everything!

commander-in chief= Colin Powell...US Army...and they live to be 100, these old Generals and still give their imput...at least the sane ones...(Not Ramsey Clark...he was crazy when he was in uniform)

T. Boone Pickens...to old and he really reminds me of 'Slim Pickens!

Lieberman...has some courage...but this country will never elect a Jew...just to much with the pending war to keep Israel on the map...

Going back to WVU Pharm and Bailey...those are my voting choices so far and I feel comfortable with that...its a moral effort too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: