Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM

404 posts, read 1,187,679 times

Advertisements

I'm an avid old restaurant ware collector. I'm trying to find someone who used to work at the old McNicol China Factory in Clarksburg WV. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 20,003 times
Hi! I have a platter ( restaurant platter) which was made by McNicol-Marten. I was searching to find information on it when I found your request for an employee of the factory. However, I thought since you are an "avid collector" you may be interested in buying it. It is just under 12" long and 8" wide. It is a nice pink color with a burgandy trim in a sort of aztec pattern. There are like four-step pyramids with a top on them. I cannot seem to find any pictures or proof of a pattern name. There is a Pentano ? print and a number at the bottom which I cannot be certain of. It looks like 117 to me. Replacements LTD. does not show any pattern like it so I am stumped. It is in excellent condition and I don't collect. I would really appreciate an offer if my description makes sense to you. Thanks, Sara

Old 09-10-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara j warner View Post
Hi! I have a platter ( restaurant platter) which was made by McNicol-Marten. I was searching to find information on it when I found your request for an employee of the factory. However, I thought since you are an "avid collector" you may be interested in buying it. It is just under 12" long and 8" wide. It is a nice pink color with a burgandy trim in a sort of aztec pattern. There are like four-step pyramids with a top on them. I cannot seem to find any pictures or proof of a pattern name. There is a Pentano ? print and a number at the bottom which I cannot be certain of. It looks like 117 to me. Replacements LTD. does not show any pattern like it so I am stumped. It is in excellent condition and I don't collect. I would really appreciate an offer if my description makes sense to you. Thanks, Sara
Sara,

There is a restaurant ware forum on the web that is great with helping ID china. Just search on restaurant ware forums in google and it's the rwcn forum. You can post a picture of it there also.

What I'm looking for is information on what the backstamp numbers mean on the china. It's a mystery to collectors, unlike other companies where we've deciphered the codes.

Post a pic over at the rwcn forum and I'll see if I'm interested. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2009, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 19,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharedspirit View Post
i'm an avid old restaurant ware collector. I'm trying to find someone who used to work at the old mcnicol china factory in clarksburg wv. Thanks!
i was office manager for mcnicol china from 1951 until they went out of business in 1969. Have a good many unusual pieces made by them. How can i help you? E mail [email]titlesearc@aol.com[/email]

Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Thanks so much for responding to my post! I sent you an e-mail.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 18,287 times
Hi, I recently purchased a plate that has McNicol China on the back and on the front in the middle of the plate there is a stamp that says united states army/medical department. I was just wanting to find out any information on this brand of plate. If there is anyone out there that knows anything, please let me know

Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 18,150 times
Faye, I know that your post is old, but I have some McNichol China with the name outlined and West Virginia and the number 106 stamped on the back. It is plain with a dark green outline. Is this something that you are looking for??

Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 AM

U.S. Army Medical Corps/U.S. Army Medical Department - The RWCN Forums

Does you plate have this logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAYE CAIN View Post
Hi, I recently purchased a plate that has McNicol China on the back and on the front in the middle of the plate there is a stamp that says united states army/medical department. I was just wanting to find out any information on this brand of plate. If there is anyone out there that knows anything, please let me know

Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 18,102 times
Default OLd restraurant ware.

I have not worked in the McNicol China bowl plant, but I have an old restraurant bowl with the number 77 on it. I would be interested in selling it if you are interested in buying. Jean

Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I know this is a really old thread, but I was wondering if anyone found out what the numbers mean on McNicol China. I just bought four coffee cups with the number S 38 on the bottom, and I had one very similar that has has the number 48 on it. I almost hate to use them, but they are the best coffee cups, especially for "foo foo" coffee, as my friend calls cappuccino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia