U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 AM

6 posts, read 21,359 times

Advertisements

about how much does land cost in the country in WV? i live 6 miles from town in wyoming and land is around $800-$1000/ per acre. how does this compare to west virginia

also im looking at the gauley bridge area, but am not limited to this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:19 AM

967 posts, read 1,991,175 times
That's pretty vague. Do you want open farm land, forest, or water access? Narrow it down so we're comparing apples to apples and you' get more response. On a very general scale, I would say it's comparable.

~Mark

Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,346 times
It's according to the area you want to buy land in. I used to live in a town where you can buy an acre anywhere for $500-1000, I moved 2 hours away and the people here are insane, the cheapest price for an acre here is $20,000 and I've seen half an acre sell for 150,000 simply because of the neighborhood it was in.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:43 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,798,367 times
Land sells for what it is worth...not a penny more.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:18 PM

3,105 posts, read 4,794,535 times
FYI about Canaan Valley:

The national housing sitution has in some ways hit Canaan Valley. Houses aren't cheap but things have not been selling well so may be a time to strike for anyone interested.

Also, saw on TV that Aspen Glow has lots for half price. Haven't yet figured out where it is.

May also look into Tuscan Ridge. Don't know what the deal is there - classy looking development with a nice looking clubhouse. But does not look like any houses are actually being built and when we drive up there is a gate with lock across the road where you would access lots.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM

3,105 posts, read 4,794,535 times
gauley bridge area - is that where that Roaring River community is? If so, you better look around on here for the post about it.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:23 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,798,367 times
Canaan has a problem!.....it begins with an S...as in SEWAGE....the 3.2 million dollars for the new sewage treatment plant got lost...

Check made in to the bank with the other money but it was lost....has anybody seen that check?...the FBI is looking for it...

I hope it's in that big bank account in the Cayman Islands....We will know shortly...Grand Jury will convene soon...

Old 09-01-2008, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 21,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
That's pretty vague. Do you want open farm land, forest, or water access? Narrow it down so we're comparing apples to apples and you' get more response. On a very general scale, I would say it's comparable.

~Mark
forest mostly

Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 PM

2,383 posts, read 4,507,973 times
About Tuscan Ridge...

File this under "rumors"; heard it this summer from a friend who lives in the CV area, but don't know what credence to give it.

The story is that Tuscan Ridge is a property of a land development/investment company out of California. The general modus operendi would be to set up a development, sell the lots to investors, who would then pretty quickly turn the lots to people who would actually build houses. The developer had a loyal following of investors who had made money this way in the past.

Except that the TR lots hit the market just about the time that people became very disinterested in 2nd homes, being as how they were having trouble keeping up with the adjustable rates on their 100%-financed 1st home mortgages.

Supposedly, there's only one lot in Tuscan Ridge that's been bought by someone who actually wants to build a house, instead of just turn an investment over quickly.

Again, just a rumor...

Old 09-02-2008, 01:06 AM

1,958 posts, read 3,809,323 times
land land land.. I hear they're not making anymore of it aye?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia