Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:07 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
This is a serious suggestion: Appliachian ...Hillbilly flags would be a seller...if they were funny...a 'roots thing...I would want one for a client...a recently graduated Penn State lad who is making his home here in Wv...He is still claiming Pennsy roots and I want to help him get over it...WVU flag on one side of the front door and a Wv Hillbilly Flag on the other...

That gambling? no indians are allowed...taken over by the 3rd generation Italians...don't you have a Hot Spot in the neighborhood? More 'Hot Spots than stop lights in Wv...
The PC italian anti defamation league will be marching on your door any day now, victims of mafioso mythology. Guiliani will be carrying his own flag, insisting organized crime is abolished and the little old italian ladies have 30 lb purses to beat you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,906 times
This is too funny! I want one of those flags as well. I am in Northern VA, what can I do to help make this part of Appalachia? Not all but lots of people here really look down on my peice of heaven on earth. They have NO idea of what WV is REALLY like, only what the media tells them.....

Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Apparently the three most Northeastern counties of Ohio (near Cleveland) are officially part of Appalachia now. Yes - Lake Erie now has Appalachian beachfront property...
Seriously though, I think it's rather odd that Appalachia is apparently growing. WTF? Is it like economic misery by osmosis or something? Perhaps they will blame the deindustrialization of that region on Appalachian influence in the history books.
Oh THANK YOU for this post.
I grew up in that part of Ohio and have taken the ribbing about living in Appalachia. Oh boy, I can't wait to call friends and relatives about this. No way will I let this slide.

Sign me up General. I know the lay of the land in NE Ohio. Also very very familiar with NW Pa. - let's get them too. I'll make a fantastic spy.

Oh heck, let's just take over the world. Although I REALLY prefer to just seceed from the nation and create our own. We can make the rest of the US slaves to our energy resources just like the overseas countries do. Instead of looking down on us they will be begging us to be their friend.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
I really like Guiliani...wish he was from Wv...Is it true he got a little in the backseat of a police crusier?...that's New York to me....

As for those flags..bright yellow field with a Snuffy Smith Character...choking a state house rascal by the neck...rascal has a one dollar bill in one hand and gas well lease in the other...sign of the times...

Old 10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,906 times
vec my parents went to ashtabula, I received some of the same ribbing. I sent the article to my friend in cleveland!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

389 posts, read 1,075,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Oh THANK YOU for this post.
I grew up in that part of Ohio and have taken the ribbing about living in Appalachia. Oh boy, I can't wait to call friends and relatives about this. No way will I let this slide.

Sign me up General. I know the lay of the land in NE Ohio. Also very very familiar with NW Pa. - let's get them too. I'll make a fantastic spy.

Oh heck, let's just take over the world. Although I REALLY prefer to just seceed from the nation and create our own. We can make the rest of the US slaves to our energy resources just like the overseas countries do. Instead of looking down on us they will be begging us to be their friend.
Greetings, Liutenant Vec. This is Colonel Phoenix.

Your first assignment, Liutenant Vec, is to help shore up the defenses in the forests around Cleveland and Youngstown. After conquering them, you will take your armies and march all the way to Columbus! If we can hold the bridges, we have a chance to take Ohio.

End of transmission.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
I'm on my way.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,465 times
Air Marshal daily report: From the eastern front of the Appalachian assault- Have reached Virginia waters edge with no resistance. The Appalachian Empire can now claim Oceanfront real estate.
It is however, a flat, humid and altogether unpleasant area, not worthy of occupation on a full-time basis. Given its general lack of anything worthy of our occupation, I recommend we banish all elected and appointed officials of the “old” regime to this locale.

Indoctrination of natives has begun. Need immediate supplies of pepperoni rolls, ramps, and 'shine.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:21 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,532 times
Excellent work gentlemen.

2nd Lieutenant -Silkdashocker reporting!

While troops are working on the expansion into "Occupied Appalachia Frontier", we here are solidifying the infrastructure in Central Appalachia along the Confluence of the Coal and Kanawha Rivers. Thus far we have established two Tudor's Biscuit worlds in Saint Albans, and looking to expand into Eastern Kanawha and Western Putnam Counties. I will keep you updated on our progress

Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Chief Warrant officer harborlady reporting-

Flotilla assembled, Moose Lodge enlisted. Tudor's Biscuit Charleston east and west ready on the firing line! hehehehehee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia