Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 04:18 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
It's probably a good idea to change topics here. Morgantown's obvious success speaks for itself, and we don't need to put down anybody else's town for the outstanding characteristics of our own to be abundantly clear. The only limitation on our success is our infrastructure, and hopefully with increased political leverage we will finally be able to get state government off its duff in that regard. When we get that taken care of, we will be in a position to help the whole state grow, even the jealous and stagnant parts.

It is true that there are folks in other areas who have envy and who seek to limit our success. That is narrow minded and short sighted, but our state is no stranger to that situation. Here in Morgantown, we need to move beyond that, maximize out potential, and use our success to stimulate development in other, less fortunate parts of our state. Martinsburg shares that responsibility with us. But, the rest of the state needs to promote our growth for that to take place rather than try to get in the way of it.

You are right. This has gotten out of hand. It is not the people from charleston who try and hold Morgantown back, but the politicians. You do have to admit they are a little comfortable with how charleston takes more than it deserves but you can't blame them.

Morgantown has done great for itself by itself. Some help from charleston would be nice but that is not going to happen. I also wish some people would be happy for Morgantown, instead of hateful for it's success.

Chris I'm willing to bury the hatchet with you and admit both towns have great things about them. Dont expect me spare your politicians.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
I'm willing to admit that both towns have there flaws and strengths! As for politicians I could care less aswell, just think they aren't as bad as they seem!

I really am tired of this thread though, I've been up too late at night for this dumb topic!

I would like to extend an apology towards any comments that were not in context, or were personal! I just take my home seriously, same as you all!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
I think that is obvious, as well your should. You do a good job of promoting it, and that isn't easy.

Just kidding...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I think that is obvious, as well your should. You do a good job of promoting it, and that isn't easy.

Just kidding...
your not so bad at making Morgantown look good too

Old 07-17-2011, 06:18 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
1) You are too close minded to understand how open minded they are.

2) They are full of facts but you have chosen to ignore them because they expose Charleston for what it is.

3) You have to give respect to get respect. So far the only respectful person on this forum is CTMountaineer.
lmao.. ok clearly you're delusional... you just called me... the biggest liberal and open minded person probably of this whole forum closed minded. I don't think you even have a grasp on what you're saying anymore.

1. You have not given any factual information... that is what I keep telling you... Do a little research !!! I really hope that you're a middle schooler who hasn't been shown the difference between stating opinions and actually back up your stats with actual facts and references... It's done on this forum a lot...

2. Expose Charleston for what is really is...ahhh.. ok is it having an illicit affair??? love child... ???? Tell me. I'm not even the Charleston cheerleader on the forum.. I just get sick of your biased, unfactual, and agitating posts.

3. Well you are never going to get any respect from anyone... for the rest of your life.. if you think you're going to walk into a place and start bashing a place where people are from or live. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ANY FRIENDS THAT WAY...

If you want to be a co-cheerleader with CT for Morgantown on here, go right ahead. But quit harassing others on here who are cheerleaders for their respective places!!! SICK OF IT!!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:39 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
I have heard Snowshoe and that area is really nice. How are the roads leading up to the highland areas like Spruce Knob? I'd like to traverse the area in my Subaru (that I plan to get in a few months).

Old 07-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
lmao.. ok clearly you're delusional... you just called me... the biggest liberal and open minded person probably of this whole forum closed minded. I don't think you even have a grasp on what you're saying anymore.

1. You have not given any factual information... that is what I keep telling you... Do a little research !!! I really hope that you're a middle schooler who hasn't been shown the difference between stating opinions and actually back up your stats with actual facts and references... It's done on this forum a lot...

2. Expose Charleston for what is really is...ahhh.. ok is it having an illicit affair??? love child... ???? Tell me. I'm not even the Charleston cheerleader on the forum.. I just get sick of your biased, unfactual, and agitating posts.

3. Well you are never going to get any respect from anyone... for the rest of your life.. if you think you're going to walk into a place and start bashing a place where people are from or live. YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ANY FRIENDS THAT WAY...

If you want to be a co-cheerleader with CT for Morgantown on here, go right ahead. But quit harassing others on here who are cheerleaders for their respective places!!! SICK OF IT!!!!
Everyone here made peace. You seem hell bent on keeping this thing going. Im going to be the bigger man and ignore you. Calm down and grow up.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I have heard Snowshoe and that area is really nice. How are the roads leading up to the highland areas like Spruce Knob? I'd like to traverse the area in my Subaru (that I plan to get in a few months).
That area is great and US 219 is one of the best routes to drive on the East Coast period! To get to locations like Spruce Knob, Dolly Sods, ect... you have to go off the black top, but the roads are well maintained and wide enough for passing!

We'd love you to visit our beautiful state anytime

Old 07-17-2011, 04:50 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Don't buy a Subaru. I had one of those once and the repair parts are majorly expensive, and not always in stock. Get a Jeep and you will be able to traverse the roads just fine.

Snowshoe is absolutely awesome, especially on the crest at sunset. There is an unforgettable view from up there.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Don't buy a Subaru. I had one of those once and the repair parts are majorly expensive, and not always in stock. Get a Jeep and you will be able to traverse the roads just fine.

Snowshoe is absolutely awesome, especially on the crest at sunset. There is an unforgettable view from up there.
I had a Subaru. Didnt have problems until 10 years later. Ive heard the newer models arent as reliable as the older ones. Good car for the money, but not the best.

Ive always liked Jeeps, and would love to get a manual Wrangler. I have heard they are not reliable, and they do get terrible gas milage. Ive heard Range Rovers recommended, but they are EXPENSIVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia