Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:09 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I have looked at Putnam County, and it has indeed grown, but not more than Monongalia County... it is grown less than Monongalia County, and far less than Berkeley County.

It is almost impossible for Morgantown to grow much more within the 10 square mile city limits. We are simply out of space.
Morgantown is starting to build up. Over the next decade I expect those student houses will be torn down replaced by apartment complexes, and we will start seeing high rise apartments for professionals along the waterfront.

The metro is growing out though. The problem is lack of planning or zoning. Mogantown is getting crowded but the way the growth is it isnt becoming urban. The metro area is becoming a giant suburb. Look at Cheat Lake. There is no central area just houses and businesses everywhere. I would love to see Cheat Lake become its own town with a center.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Morgantown is starting to build up. Over the next decade I expect those student houses will be torn down replaced by apartment complexes, and we will start seeing high rise apartments for professionals along the waterfront.

The metro is growing out though. The problem is lack of planning or zoning. Mogantown is getting crowded but the way the growth is it isnt becoming urban. The metro area is becoming a giant suburb. Look at Cheat Lake. There is no central area just houses and businesses everywhere. I would love to see Cheat Lake become its own town with a center.
Actually, I believe Cheat Lake is incorporated now.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM

11 posts, read 31,698 times
definitely not charleston its crap here Huntington and Morgantown have more to offer and are on the borders of other states to be able to do things and not travel too far and the malls offer alot more than charelston

Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM

198 posts, read 413,489 times
I like living in Charleston!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:09 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,532 times
I spent colleg and an additional 10 years after in Charleston and its suburbs. I have always enjoyed living there and my wife liked it ok. But since we moved to Putnam County and I began working out of our downtown Huntington office, it seems Huntington is starting to grow on me. I find myself going to the Barboursville Mall more often than Charleston's malls. I guess it's nice to be in the middle so that I now have more options

Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,137 times
Iaeger/Hanover,West Virginia. There is nothing there, but it is home turf and we knew how to have fun and have a good time. It's all to hell now, but it didn't always use to be that way.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,361 times
Well to be honest I don't want to live in any of them and hate WV but if I had to choose I'd say Charleston. I was just there the other day at the town center. I love downtown, it's so nice and makes me feel like i'm in a much bigger city then what I really am. If you want something good always go to the biggest city in every state. However one downfall is the crime rate, just saw where they had a stabbing up there the same night I was there.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Well to be honest I don't want to live in any of them and hate WV but if I had to choose I'd say Charleston. I was just there the other day at the town center. I love downtown, it's so nice and makes me feel like i'm in a much bigger city then what I really am. If you want something good always go to the biggest city in every state. However one downfall is the crime rate, just saw where they had a stabbing up there the same night I was there.
Glad you enjoyed your time! Did you get to see the Town Center when the remodeling was complete? Too bad for the stabbing, but Charleston is generally a safe place to live, work, play.

Can't wait to get back home to the Charleston area in 2 days for winter break!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Glad you enjoyed your time! Did you get to see the Town Center when the remodeling was complete? Too bad for the stabbing, but Charleston is generally a safe place to live, work, play.

Can't wait to get back home to the Charleston area in 2 days for winter break!
Yeah I've seen it, looks strange now that the remodeling is done. I only went for the Coach boutique, I hadn't been yet and decided to go buy me some goodies. I'm so glad they added the boutique, there were also some other new stores I didn't know they had.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:04 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Yeah I've seen it, looks strange now that the remodeling is done. I only went for the Coach boutique, I hadn't been yet and decided to go buy me some goodies. I'm so glad they added the boutique, there were also some other new stores I didn't know they had.
The mall has been growing over the past few years and new stores and restaurants have been added including some nicer stores. It has brought a new vibe and the remodel will only help with that.

of course Charleston has alot more to offer than just the Town Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia