Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Next, the evil state of WV and it's obese, cruel people will be found to be the major cause of global warming. Thus we will be solely responsible for the rise of the oceans and any extinctions that result. I probably better stop there because I don't want to give the AP too many story ideas.
You forgot toothless, bloodthirsty, pickup truck drivin barefoot bigfoot heathens.

NOW young man, you'll sit and eat your thanksgiving soylent green tofurky and be grateful for modern chemistry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 PM

404 posts, read 1,188,044 times
A friend of mine sent this to me tonight.

Due to the climate of political correctness[SIZE=3] now pervading America,
Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to
as'HILLBILLIES.' ....
You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS .
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I just can't keep up with political correctness![/SIZE]

Old 11-19-2008, 08:08 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
But my ancestors were Hillbillies...and some before America was called America...

I feel slighted...as if my heritage has been taken...

I feel violated...my space and my being...Can I go before the Supreme Court and sue somebody...My rights have been taken...

Is this what is called so metaphoracally...The Rape of Political Correctness!??????

Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
I'd like to see that hat....LOL What the heck kinda hats do you wear? I can only picture one of those types that old black ladies wear to church.

PETA would really like everyone to forget what happend right at their HQ in Norfolk, VA... Seems in an effort to demonstrate how "humane" they are, they'd go to the local pounds and adopt the dogs about to be euthanized. They then killed them themselves, and were caught dumping the bodies in a dumpster. Dog Politics: Better Off Dead - PETA On Shelter Dogs

~Mark

I don't have a digital camera anymore. Mine fried. I'll see if my daughter can bring her's by and get a pic. The hat is multi colored and probably resembles a brightly collored parrot with the puffy things on the top of it. I should have known that it was not an appropriate hat to wear to the coop but it keeps my head warm and the temps are dropping here! I love our roo. I felt bad because he was so upset!

I'm not a bit PETA fan. This seemed to be a media event. A real social change agency would have taken the evidence to the governmental agency doing oversight and not to the AP. It kind of reminds me of the beginning scene of the move Independence Day. Bruce Willis is yelling about the Greenpeace ship harassing his oil rig. And how much fuel does it take to run one of those ships?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
But my ancestors were Hillbillies...and some before America was called America...

I feel slighted...as if my heritage has been taken...

I feel violated...my space and my being...Can I go before the Supreme Court and sue somebody...My rights have been taken...

Is this what is called so metaphoracally...The Rape of Political Correctness!??????

Hey, if you want to sue someone, sue me! I'm in line, for sure. My other post about the law suit? I found a lawyer who is way more incompetent than I am. He won't answer my calls and at least give me my papers back so that I can file them myself.

there is something really messed up here. What happened to the good old days when people just worked out there problems by talking to each other? I can't even get a phone call answered.

But hey, I'm better off than that turkey, right?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
So much of our news is staged...It's like producing a show with filler peices to take up some of the time...That was someones idea and it was staged...

When I was a kid we used humane ways to slaughter our animals...the hogs were shot through the ear into the brain and the cattle were shot through the forehead.
The slaughter houses used a sledgehammer at that time..and we considered that to be cruel.
The turkeys were done by wringing there knecks and the chickens got the hatchet on a poplar board.

The animals had a purpose then and were not so much a part of the family...

If I sue you and win...could we split the pot? and act as self appointed counsel....the government would provide the legal fees if we applied for a Grant. I love Law...Its a Win...Win..Win situation.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
So much of our news is staged...It's like producing a show with filler peices to take up some of the time...That was someones idea and it was staged...

When I was a kid we used humane ways to slaughter our animals...the hogs were shot through the ear into the brain and the cattle were shot through the forehead.
The slaughter houses used a sledgehammer at that time..and we considered that to be cruel.
The turkeys were done by wringing there knecks and the chickens got the hatchet on a poplar board.

The animals had a purpose then and were not so much a part of the family...

If I sue you and win...could we split the pot? and act as self appointed counsel....the government would provide the legal fees if we applied for a Grant. I love Law...Its a Win...Win..Win situation.

Yes the law is a win win situation. I may loose the battle but the war is more important! That, I will keep fighting for.

this experience has opened my eyes. I paid 2,000 dollars. I refused to pay the last 800. They file a suit against me for the rest of the money. It goes to court and the taxpayers get to pay the court staff, the judge and the guy who cleans the floors at the courthouse. they can sue me all they want but I'm broke other than a henhouse full of chickens and a sow.

oh, and a couple of old mules who used to work the farm in the 70's and are organizing a civil rights group of their own! No more harnesses for them!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You forgot toothless, bloodthirsty, pickup truck drivin barefoot bigfoot heathens.

NOW young man, you'll sit and eat your thanksgiving soylent green tofurky and be grateful for modern chemistry!

Hey now. Soylent Green is one of my all time favorite movies! I think this was made before Charlton Heston fell and bumped his head.

We went up on the "hill" today to see what tops were down after the logging last year. My 9 year old thought she saw bigfoot prints! I try very hard to shelter them from the media but I guess I missed something on this one.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:07 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharedspirit View Post
A friend of mine sent this to me tonight.

Due to the climate of political correctness[SIZE=3] now pervading America, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]as'HILLBILLIES.' ....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS .[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I just can't keep up with political correctness![/SIZE]
Hey, that's only right. Why should we be the only group left that it's OK to make fun of.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,021 times
Default Another Turkey Story

Once again, from one of my high school classmates...

------

A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon a young boy carrying a wild turkey under his arm.

He stopped and asked the boy, "Where did you get that turkey?"

The boy replied, "What turkey?"

The game warden said, "That turkey you're carrying under your arm."

The boy looks down and said, "Well, lookee here, a turkey done roosted under my arm!"

The game warden said, "Now look, you know turkey season is closed, so whatever you do to that turkey, I'm going to do to you.

"If you break his leg, I'm gonna break your leg. If you break his wing, I'll break your arm. Whatever you do to him, I'll do to you. So, what are you gonna do with him?"

The little boy said, "I guess I'll just kiss his behind and let him go!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia