U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM

49 posts, read 133,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinTheMountains View Post
Well, because of my past and me leaving all my friends behind, I didn't have any close friends back in NJ either. But here in WV, my husband and I have been invited to parties, get togethers to hang out and play cards, etc. We've had BBQ's at our place with friends and all in all its been a nice experience. I haven't once gotten the impression that WVirginians will not make friends (or even consider being a close friend) to "outsiders."
Weird. I've never seen a new person invited to any party, or hang out, or barbe-que. Like I said their are exceptions, but I wonder if you're being very truthful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM

240 posts, read 685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country4life View Post
You're a goofy person. No I saw it with my own 2 eyes all of my life. No offence but are you retarded? You're implying that I didn't visit my family members and friends all of my life, and they had to "tell" me about their life, lol. That might be what you do with your family and friends, or lack of, but not me.
No offense, LTM, but this post made me RFLMBO. I think you just got introduced to the common sense and the straightforwardness of a true WVian.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM

215 posts, read 1,095,306 times
Quote:
Weird. I've never seen a new person invited to any party, or hang out, or barbe-que. Like I said their are exceptions, but I wonder if you're being very truthful.
Right, I may not be being truthful because my experiences with the people of WV doesn't line up with what you say. I don't have to prove anything, I just commented my initial comment on the subject so that any "outsider" that may read can see that there are other "outsiders" who have had good experiences with the people of WV, and that not all people of this state have an imaginary line they won't cross with those who are not from here.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersangel View Post
No offense, LTM, but this post made me RFLMBO. I think you just got introduced to the common sense and the straightforwardness of a true WVian.
No offense taken, I don't think Country4life was speaking to me in that post.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:03 PM

240 posts, read 685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinTheMountains View Post
No offense taken, I don't think Country4life was speaking to me in that post.
Whoops, he was talking to Alice T. No offense intended Alice. But that was funny, I don't care who you are. :)

Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Whoops, he was talking to Alice T. No offense intended Alice. But that was funny, I don't care who you are.
The real question is, who are you? Maybe I think you're funny. And I am a he? I might be, but then I might not be.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,865,425 times
Quote:
How many close friends do you have? My bet would be none. In all of my years growing up in WV, both friends, family, friends of family, and friends of friends, kept their same friends all of their lives and never made any new ones. I hope this answers some questions for the Alice person above, who's so obviously not from WV either.

Yes, West Virginians will be very nice to people, as an aquaintence. That does not mean you will become their friend. Sure exceptions do exist. But I encourage people reading this board, to notice that no one from WV is getting on this board arguing this fact. It's people who are NOT from WV arguing with me.

I've just given an honest account of WV to the OP who wanted to know. If you don't like that, that's really your problem. Most West Virgians won't even take the time, or care to explain it to anyone.
I am absolutely NOT meaning to be offense or anything, but just wondering what town and/or county you grew up in?

I'm asking because from what you say, it does NOT sound like an area anyone would want to move to.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:57 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,865,425 times
Quote:
Some of them but not the majority.

I'm beginning to suspect we may have a troll on this forum.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:29 PM

I second that opinion.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Some of them but not the majority.

I'm beginning to suspect we may have a troll on this forum.
The only troll here is YOU trolling my posts. And I'm getting tired of it. I've given a first hand account of growing up in WV and what it's like, and I'm getting sick and tired of you trolling MY posts and and trying to discredit what I've said.

You need to get off your high horse, you've even gone as far as too ask where I grew up and try to discredit that also, when I've repeatly said that it's a major WV city. I'm NOT saying which one. I'm a WVian, I want privacy. GET it? I guess not. That's why WVians don't like outsiders, you're goofy to us. And the stuff you go on with is ridiculous, you're rude, as you've proved, and just because you don't like what I've said, YOU keep trolling my posts and insulting me, and you won't stop, like you've got to have the last word, and yet no one from WV is doing this.

So go away. Leave it to ANOTHER WVian to say something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia