U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Hamilton, NJ
215 posts, read 1,095,110 times
Reputation: 115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
So I'm a social reject because I can make friends other than those I've been around my whole life and are friends by default? Gotcha. And if you'll notice, I said ONE of my best friends was from NY, not my only one. And funny how it's OK for you to put your experiences down and they are the rule but if anyone else puts their experiences down, they are the exception and there is something wrong with them if they don't agree with you. No one was saying that what you experienced was wrong or was arguing with you, just stating that there are other experiences out there that are different from yours. But since you took a graduate level multiculturalism class, you must be an expert and your opinion trumps all others. Ironic that you seem to be the best example I've seen on this forum of the rude, uninclusive WV behavior that you speak of.
I'm glad someone else saw it besides me, aka, the outsider, lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 PM
 
49 posts, read 133,485 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinTheMountains View Post
I'm glad someone else saw it besides me, aka, the outsider, lol.
You just won't quit. This is my point exactly, you're an obnoxious Northerner who moved to WV because you couldn't cut it in your own home state, and you thought you'd move to WV and you'd have and edge over the hillbillies.

It's pretty evident you didn't move there for employment purposes. So the question is...why was it you hated everyone you grew up with in your home state? Isn't kind of socially backwards to "hate" your own people? You said it yourself in your earlier posts. You couldn't stand people from NJ you grew up with where you're from. Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

So you want to be totally obnoxious and disrespectful and act like your experiences moving some place where you have no family, and not many connections, but hey you feel you have a couple of people who accepted you, and you feel this gives you the "authority" to constantly try to discredit someone who clearly has a much larger scope of things than you.

Obnoxious. Keep it up, you're going to lose against this hillbilly.

Last edited by Country4life; 01-13-2009 at 11:27 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM
 
49 posts, read 133,485 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
So I'm a social reject because I can make friends other than those I've been around my whole life and are friends by default? Gotcha. And if you'll notice, I said ONE of my best friends was from NY, not my only one. And funny how it's OK for you to put your experiences down and they are the rule but if anyone else puts their experiences down, they are the exception and there is something wrong with them if they don't agree with you. No one was saying that what you experienced was wrong or was arguing with you, just stating that there are other experiences out there that are different from yours. But since you took a graduate level multiculturalism class, you must be an expert and your opinion trumps all others. Ironic that you seem to be the best example I've seen on this forum of the rude, uninclusive WV behavior that you speak of.
You're retarded, if you're what you say you are, you should know my account of things is much better than reality, and I left out a bunch, and you are so completely out there in attacking my "best" version of things, that I have to wonder about your credibility.

Another real question for you is, if you're that much in denial of the culture in your own home state, to the point you'd attack another over it who's actually not stated the "bad" stuff, what are you doing living there? You're so called "freind" from NY, has no family in WV. What's he/she doing here? Why would they move to WV? Makes no sense. I acutally knew a couple of people from NY when I lived in WV. They were there to go to college, and then ALL of them left afterwards. They were nice enough. Never became a best friend or stayed in WV. NONE of them. You're account is an exception. And I'm so sick of this. Why don't you attack Koomas, or the post who said no one would help the OP, and she'd be scoffed at, because you're all retarded and you chose to ignore, that's why.

If you all wanted to live around people from other states, to the point that you want to attack people for a better than the truth observation about WV, because you want to lobby all of them to move to WV, what the hell are you doing in WV? Have you asked yourselves this question? Of course not, because you're goofy. It seems you all lack friends and you're lonely. Why else would you be on this board acting as a lobbiest for others to move to WV?

Last edited by Country4life; 01-13-2009 at 11:25 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Charleston, WV
3,105 posts, read 6,863,457 times
Reputation: 840
I like you Lovin and are glad you moved here.

Tbailey, I have always found your posts to be intellectual and sharp.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Doddridge County
404 posts, read 1,104,641 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country4life View Post
^ A family member was a very high ranking city official in WV for a long time. Don't even ask where, what or when, because I'm not going to say. In my entire life I never did see anyone from WV with a best friend or any friend from the North. I did see maybe one person with an aquaintance from the South. You have no idea how many people I knew and was around all of my life in WV. I wasn't a social reject. So I can't really speak for the social reject population. I'm not generalizing. You are a very small amount of exceptions. And you're portraying that you aren't. You're basically conveying an attitude that is the EXCEPTION. You've got something wrong with you. If you lived your entire life in WV and you're best friend is from somewhere else, why weren't you able to make friends your entire life in the same place?

I'm not going to let anyone post discredits to what I have said, because what I've said is a truthful factual account of a very large population of people. It's not, and never was small. If you want to post that you are an exception that's fine, but in no way am I going to let social rejects try to say that I've got some kind of small observaiton of things, because I do not.

What's really funny, is.. the post from Koomas above which is basically backing up what I've said also, was totally ignored, like you just make up your own reality. Arguing with me will not change things. He included more than one town in his observation. You've obviously got serious issues.

I took a graduate level multiculturalism class at a big ten University, and it's for this reason that I made an observation of the culture in WV. It's an accurate and very true observation. I was actually very generous in my observation, I candy coated the actual truth, because I don't want to portray WV in a negative light, but the actual truth of things, is much worse than what I've said here. So I'm really growing tired of getting attacked for a candy coated version that's actually wayyyy better than the real truth. That's it, and that's all.
Do you give multiculturalism workshops? You sound like someone that gave a workshop for WVU employees when I used to work for them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
 
49 posts, read 133,485 times
Reputation: 16
^VECT gives everyone links to look up info about WV, even gave people links about the employment rate. Unfortuantely, this person give out info that is not accurate. WV has loads of people who leave every year do to employment. That's what keeps the unemployment percentage low. But hey, mr. links knows it all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Hamilton, NJ
215 posts, read 1,095,110 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country4life View Post
You just won't quit. This is my point exactly, you're an obnoxious Northerner who moved to WV because you couldn't cut it in your own home state, and you thought you'd move to WV and you'd have and edge over the hillbillies.

It's pretty evident you didn't move there for employment purposes. So the question is...why was it you hated everyone you grew up with in your home state? Isn't kind of socially backwards to "hate" your own people?

So you want to be totally obnoxious and disrespectful and act like your experiences moving some place where you have no family, and not many connections, but hey you feel you have a couple of people who accepted you, and you feel this gives you the "authority" to constantly try to discredit someone who clearly has a much larger scope of things than you.

Obnoxious. Keep it up, you're going to lose against this hillbilly.
Your a funny girl, full of assumptions and false judgments. I moved to WV because I fell in love with it, period. I visit NJ several times a year and WV was a great place to raise my children. I never said I had any authority on the matter, I'm only explaining to you that your experiences are not everyone's experiences. You need to get a grip and relax. Anyone looking at your posts can see that you are the obnoxious one. Where do you come up with this stuff? Put the strawman down Country, we aren't in a war.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about respecting other people's opinions and experiences, something you obviously lack. Just let it go Country, stop playing the psychologist in my life and others, as if you know something about me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Hamilton, NJ
215 posts, read 1,095,110 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
I like you Lovin and are glad you moved here.

Tbailey, I have always found your posts to be intellectual and sharp.
Thanks Vec
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM
 
49 posts, read 133,485 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinTheMountains View Post
Your a funny girl, full of assumptions and false judgments. I moved to WV because I fell in love with it, period. I visit NJ several times a year and WV was a great place to raise my children. I never said I had any authority on the matter, I'm only explaining to you that your experiences are not everyone's experiences. You need to get a grip and relax. Anyone looking at your posts can see that you are the obnoxious one. Where do you come up with this stuff? Put the strawman down Country, we aren't in a war.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about respecting other people's opinions and experiences, something you obviously lack. Just let it go Country, stop playing the psychologist in my life and others, as if you know something about me.
No, you said in a previous post, you couldn't stand the NJ people you grew up with. "couldn't stand". I can find the post and copy it if you want. It's too late to edit it. Which I've already stated first, that I believe you are disrespting my account of my whole life growing up and my family. I believe I said that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM
 
Location: Hamilton, NJ
215 posts, read 1,095,110 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country4life View Post
No, you said in a previous post, you couldn't stand the NJ people you grew up with. "couldn't stand". I can find the post and copy it if you want. It's too late to edit it.

I liked my friends I grew up with, but NJ in general I dislike. Poor air quality, chemicals, bad water, cancer springing up everyone, crime, high taxes. I've love the mountains all my life, so did my husband. I chose to move to WV after visiting several times for vacation. I wanted a safe and nice place to raise my children in an area of my choosing. This is a free country people can actually move to different states ya know.

Just let it go. If you want to know more about me personally then visit my web page and ask questions there. Leave your personal attacks at the forum door, others besides myself would greatly appreciate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top