Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 AM

240 posts, read 732,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Rivers View Post
Some will need antenna work, most probably won't, according to the seminar. They said that, generally, if you are getting good analog reception with an outdoor antenna now, you probably won't need an antenna. But if you are using rabbit ears you may need one.

Am I the only one that saw the Antennas Direct bus? They came to town for a "parking lot seminar" on the DTV switch. And they gave away 100 of new design antenna.
Antennas Direct | Your TV and HDTV Antenna Source
Antennas Direct Visit a Hit! (http://www.wtap.com/wtapblogs/rogersheppardeditorial/37107239.html - broken link)
I have a UHF antenna. It is aimed at Bluefield. I don't know if it is 220 degrees or not but it's close. With analogue, I get a crystal clear picture.

I talked to Channel 6 and their digital signal is at full strength.

My converter box is showing zero signal. Surely, it should get something even if a weak one.

This is not as easy as they're making it sound.

Here is a link to UHF antennas. I have the Wineguard one. Dish intalled it for me free when they lost the distant networks.

UHF TV Reception Guide - Stallions Satellite and Antenna

Channel 6 also suggested I try a preamplifier. I am not spending another dime on this. I have the proper antenna. I have the converter box. I was led to believe that was all that was required so unless I get what I have to work then I guess I'll be missing the local news.

Today is supposed to be in the 50's so I'll take a look at the antenna and see if I can somehow jury rig it to rotate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM

58 posts, read 135,999 times
We had one of those super tall antennaes on our house for the longest because we had one of those huge satelite dishes that you couldnt get your regulare channels on. We got Direct Tv and you can get your local channels with that so no antennae is needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia