U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 AM

6 posts, read 15,438 times

Advertisements

I live here in Ravenswood, WV and have for quite some time in a place that appeared to be decent, clean, and safe enough for my children. Ohhh how I have been fooled. Huttons Trailer Park is where I live and I can count on one hand how many residents here are NOT involved in drugs/crimes.
Pill poppers, traders, thiefs, pyromaniac teenagers, alchocolics who parade around the streets or from their porches screaming profanities at other drunken or otherwise stupored residents. They drive by to all hours, so often and so frequent are the drup stops, drop off and/or pick ups that we few naighbors have nicknamed some homes Mcdonalds, wendys, and so on.

These activities and public intoxication and screaming and fighting are reported to the police and the trailer park own who turns a blind eye as his own daughter resides here and is one of the biggest dealers and dopers in town.

I wish to heaven I could be deputized and the police would take me at my word when I inform them of the people and homes that ARE NOT in question, though I have no VIDEO (chief of police requires VIDEO to investigate) of the ellicit behaviors, since when is an Americans word and a GOOD tenants word not enough. I have no criminal record, these people do however but the local police do their drivebys and catch up with the criminals in question, and passify them with, "well just so long as it wasn't you" crap and then tell us GOOD folk that their hands are tied.

I'm sick to death of it, what can I do and what kind of town is this where a mother can report incidence of men shooting drugs into their veins right out there backdoor and disposing of the remains, needle and all under HER trailer. When confronted the doped men said and I quote "well, where else are we gonna put it?"

MY own 12 yr old walking to her friends home, was called a **** by another neighborhood drunkard who just moved in here. I witnessed and reported this as well and alas, NOTHING!!!!...and MY landlord, Bless he and his wife they abide by the park owners rules, the other landlords don't and nothing is done about them.

Sick to death in what is beginning to feel like podunk hell, rather than rural peace.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM

11,962 posts, read 7,815,227 times
They won't let you leave Huttons, but they let you have internet access??

Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 AM

967 posts, read 2,000,652 times
Have to agree with HL, time to move. It may not be easy for you, but if it's that bad, suck it up and get the hell out of there.
I doubt you'd be well received there if they knew you were filming them. I suspect matters will worsen for you.
The police in general are a worthless bunch. I would expect some have a hand in the local drug trade, hence their unwillingness to bust it up.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
They won't let you leave Huttons, but they let you have internet access??
Ohhh harborlady,
Well certainly we WOULD leave, if we COULD. It's not as simple as, oh well lets pack and go. There are many details and much in the way of finances to consider. Job opportunities as well but; I don't need to tell you that, you have internet access too. So now, since they've allowed access to the internet here, maybe fine upstanding folk as yourself want to rent out a 4 bedroom home at reasonable cost and fore-go any deposit normally required.

Oh yes, again since we are able to access the net, I've decided it best not to RUN from trouble but to face it head on and have been researching Neighborhood Watch programs and have phoned my landlord and the land owner here and a Block Watch is in the works.

Hope you're no longer confused.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
Have to agree with HL, time to move. It may not be easy for you, but if it's that bad, suck it up and get the hell out of there.
I doubt you'd be well received there if they knew you were filming them. I suspect matters will worsen for you.
The police in general are a worthless bunch. I would expect some have a hand in the local drug trade, hence their unwillingness to bust it up.
Hinton Bound,

Oh I agree it may worsen, it will get better however. It's true about the police here (you are correct as far as their being a part of the problem) but I have long enough arms to reach over their heads. Someone at some time has to make a stand, and be strong enough to face things. I just despise that it has to happen to begin with.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibrown1 View Post
Ohhh harborlady,
Well certainly we WOULD leave, if we COULD. It's not as simple as, oh well lets pack and go. There are many details and much in the way of finances to consider. Job opportunities as well but; I don't need to tell you that, you have internet access too. So now, since they've allowed access to the internet here, maybe fine upstanding folk as yourself want to rent out a 4 bedroom home at reasonable cost and fore-go any deposit normally required.

Oh yes, again since we are able to access the net, I've decided it best not to RUN from trouble but to face it head on and have been researching Neighborhood Watch programs and have phoned my landlord and the land owner here and a Block Watch is in the works.

Hope you're no longer confused.
You didn't notice all this rampant crime prior to moving into this locale, but now you mean to outsmart it? You mean to appoint yourself as sheriff? Of course you'll do as you see fit, but I'm certain this path is more expensive than you ever bargained. Upside to capitalisic voting with your feet is that baltic avenue falls into it's decay with little to no energy expended against it. In the end you might realize it's a better investment to defend something worth defending, without putting your children in a position of getting caught in the crossfire.

Still convinced you're correct in making this stand... I suggest you encourage law enforcement officers to live in this trailer park.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM

Ahh but they DO reside here. Do you always know the day you're going to fall ill? I didn't think so either. No, it was not always this bad. I don't recall saying it was either. To answer the bated question's and tsk tsk on you for insinuating my intention was to simply outsmart anyone. No, not sheriff, block watch coordinator actually. I assume your Ivory Tower is somewhere remote enough that you feel protected and safe. I hope for you it stays that way, should it not I hope too you have the means in which to do something about or, as I am certain, bail out.
What's worth defending to you? Duck and cover and let the chips fall where they may doesn't work. You keep hiding and speaking from your ivory tower. I still wont cast a stone. I don't bargain, I don't deal, I do all I can and my children will be better citizens and people for it in the end. It's a shame complacency and the I don't care attitude is such a plague in this country; yet until I die I'll work hard to protect every right I and my children were bore into.
As far as the expense, are you experienced? Do you have information that would change my mind? Do you mean to outsmart? are YOU in fact a sheriff?

Do you consider your tower or the land on which it sets so paltry it deserves no defense? Aye, you answered that already, silly me.

Quote:
You didn't notice all this rampant crime prior to moving into this locale, but now you mean to outsmart it? You mean to appoint yourself as sheriff? Of course you'll do as you see fit, but I'm certain this path is more expensive than you ever bargained. Upside to capitalisic voting with your feet is that baltic avenue falls into it's decay with little to no energy expended against it. In the end you might realize it's a better investment to defend something worth defending, without putting your children in a position of getting caught in the crossfire.

Still convinced you're correct in making this stand... I suggest you encourage law enforcement officers to live in this trailer park.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 PM

Hibrown considering you know everything, there's no point in discussing anything. Why did you start this thread again? Welp, that's all settled. Have a nice life.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM

Why did you even respond? Does it help you in life to make sarcastic remarks to a post? Get what you give, but you're the exception?

Have a nice life yourself harborlady.
Quote:
Hibrown considering you know everything, there's no point in discussing anything. Why did you start this thread again? Welp, that's all settled. Have a nice life.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 AM

4,715 posts, read 8,841,235 times
Can your trailer park become a gated community, and check everybody at the entrance..evidently the authorities are in the drug business here...and its so complicated now, gatering evidence...putting the TASK FORCE together to grease the squeaky wheel when the law has been told to 'Tone things down...this is low impact crime.
It will take outside pressure...and getting them to commit will be almost impossible.

The real answer IS to move..change is a hard one...sometimes forced upon an individual..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia