Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:07 PM

374 posts, read 1,123,161 times

Advertisements

Snorpus- Thanks for the web site and info! I think more than anything, we are just getting frustrated at being stuck here and not able to get out and walk the land and look around. Once we can do that, I think we will know pretty quickly what we want and where we can get it! We haven't talked to any realtors because we have had other dealings with good and bad ones and we want to be able to talk to them in person. Once we get down there, we should be able to get a better feel for things. I think that is what has been the hardest with making this decision to move. We can only really get so much info on the Internet, and after that, we just have to go for it. Scary! Thanks, though, for the input.

DK- We are looking at most of the areas that get some snow. We have a mild snow addiction after living in Alaska for most of our lives. We like to cross-country ski and such. It is going to depend on where I can get a job. So far, I have received feedback from a hospital in Beckley, Ronceverte, Clarksburk, and possibly Elkins. I have also applied at Kingswood, and thought about Princeton, Weston, Bluefield. We are small towners and even Beckley seems a little too big for us, but we will just have to see what it is like when we get there. I was hoping to just set up some interviews and have some time to drive around. We would really probably prefer a smaller town (more like 6,000), but it depends on where the job offers come from... We are hoping we can find a good job in a smaller town that also has some land we like- a tall order, I know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 04:18 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,293,197 times
The Rails to Trails are being used for CC Skiing..
You mentioned Princeton...a great town with the college at Athens. I would expect some CC Trails at Pipestem with the golf course.

The slopes are a different thing...Western Maryland (Wisp, ect) and parts of Pennsi. (Seven Springs, Nemacholin Woodlands, ect) had pushed Wv into providing us with Snowshoe and Caanan.

If you are really into skiing, get close to an airport that can fly you to Breckenridge or Vail in one hop. that means Pittsburgh...and the answer to this equation might be found in Greene or Fayette County, Pa and not Wv at all. Look at Mt. Morris, or Uniontown, Pa..The decision is important enough to seek all the leads.

Preston county should have CC trails for the Army Training Base there..Kingwood is a nice little town that could meet all of these needs....having the plan is the big thing...you'll be ok.

Last edited by David Kennedy; 04-19-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia