Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,286,445 times

Advertisements

The best public is an informed public...and a happy worker is a worker with a livable wage, good workers to work with and a safe place to work in...

Good and bad can be deposited here...

The cudos for a job well done or a person needing to be recognized..lets not use any last names, please.

also the gripes for those ignorant workers and bosses who always screw the job up a make it impossible..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 06:53 AM

128 posts, read 442,588 times
Joe Manchin. Worst governor. Ever. And that's saying a TON, considering clowns like Arch Moore.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 AM

Arch wants his Law License back...that will give him some credulity/ credibility over his criminal record.

Your honesty waves like a bright flag...stay in the fight!
Remember, they might get away with everything, but they will not 'talk their way through the judgment bar of God. Every twist of every action...where their 'grinding the faces of the poor will condem them...and they laugh at this.

To be separted from the 'just in the next demension of our existence, these crooks must justify their punishment. And in the end of it all, I believe they will judge themselves...thus preventing any denial of what they have done. so much for religion.

Wv Oath of Office:

"I ...........do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the State of West Virginia....////.....and I will not accfept or recieve any money or valuable thing from any corporation, company or person, for any vote or influence I may give or withhold as Governor on any bill, resolution or proposal, or for any act I may do as Governor.

In a future post, I will tell you how its done...

Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,997,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough View Post
Joe Manchin. Worst governor. Ever. And that's saying a TON, considering clowns like Arch Moore.
You're probably too young to remember, but although Arch was corrupt, he was pretty efficient. He was likely outdone in the past governor dept. by Wally Barron, whose regime was also tainted and who was governor in the early 60s. But, I do agree that Manchin has them both beat.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 AM

AHH!

Both members of that same prison fraternity. Arch spent his time somewhere in Georgia, working on a prison golf course. (Where our moneyed criminals spend their jail time)

He was very likable...he just couldn't remember who gave him certain things...like bags of cash...

Getting back to the subject of this Thread:

What I'm observing in the public sector is this:

Everybody who can be laid off is being laid off. Goods and services are taking a hit..
I'm estimating a 30% loss in sales revenue...and costs reductions must follow.

That means wages must be used to offset business cost.
Workers left on the job will have longer hours (50 hr work weeks) at the same pay. The choice is 'have the job or not!

I'm waiting to see who is left in the building trades when June 30 rolls around. That's the renewal time for businesses to re-license.

We haven't bottomed out yet...not by a long shot!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:00 AM

128 posts, read 442,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
AHH!

Both members of that same prison fraternity. Arch spent his time somewhere in Georgia, working on a prison golf course. (Where our moneyed criminals spend their jail time)
I think it was Alabama. And then he spent the last part of his sentence on home confinement.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,747,210 times
Sideline note- the moose club just had a party in honor of arch moore. I saw little point in attending.

Brevity skills improving?

Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Moose club...the family fraternity, where a person can have a drink and gamble in peace...lol...

He's kind of stuck HB, can't go to the eastern panhandle because of his daughter...can't come to NC Wv because everyone remembers him and his deeds...

He's kind of stunk...in mean stuck in the Charleston area...good place and lots of cronies there with this present regime...He really wants that law license back...could run for office like Cecil did as an old man.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM

130 posts, read 366,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post

The best public is an informed public...and a happy worker is a worker with a livable wage, good workers to work with and a safe place to work in...

Good and bad can be deposited here...

The cudos for a job well done or a person needing to be recognized..lets not use any last names, please.

also the gripes for those ignorant workers and bosses who always screw the job up a make it impossible..
Sadly, jobs like that are almost extinct.

Quote:
Agreed 100%. Joe Manchin is a true clown. There are many people who can personally attest to his corruption and hubris. I think it really showed when his daughter was illicitly "awarded" a EMBA. One must wonder if ol' Joe had anything to do with that - given his connection with Garrison and both their connections with Mylan Pharm in which Garrison was associated with and his daughter is an executive for. Sad that our people elect someone who is associated with the likes of his uncle - I mean, blood is thicker than water, right?

Old 06-10-2009, 04:18 AM

Lets put it in the perspective that Wv might be a satelite company of a larger international company.

In 1959, the FBI happened upon a large mafia gathering in Wv...the crime bosses from New York, Florida, Chicago, California, Texas...everybody was there. They were making plans for the future.

WW-2 was over, Roosevelt had given them 'Carte Blanc to help with the war effort and nobody was being asked to continue their prison terms.

Technically, they carved up the responsiblilty of the country. The talk was of educating their kids and making them lawyers and politicians...of taking the money cleanly...Letting the judges and lawyers protect the crime elements that they controlled and jailing anybody who interfered.

Businesses were created to do much of the work..The garbage and harbor work of New York City had been done for years by the mob (excelently) and was continued on a larger regional basis...Contaminated medical waste that had been dumped at sea found its way into country landfills.
Big money..$15,000 per load brought in in the middle of the night...all cash. Not stopped until maximum capacity and run off was leaching into drinking water sources.
Paving companies, manufacturing companies...all doing the public service and working quietly..
An entire system was created to provide services and siphon off money with fake accounts.

That's what we have from one end of the country to the other. Quiet, invisible and connected to England, France, Asia, China...All over the world...Wv is just one small pea in this evil pod.
The elected leaders are picked in advance...they are all the same...party's make NO difference.

And the policys stay the same...wars...poverty...panic from time to time...smoke screen here...smoke screen there. All the same.

I've noticed that our gov has lost a lot of weight...to make him look younger...He will run for Pres...or what if Obama chooses him for a running mate and blows Joe Biden out?...could happen...become Senator when RCB steps out...media sensation in DC...cheap way to talk your way into the Oral Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia