U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 AM

301 posts, read 520,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
The best kicker - Carole Browner was interviewed on TV and was asked if she had read the entire bill. She stammered around but admitted she had NOT read the entire thing.

Least we forget, Carole Browner is Obama's Energy Czar.
Wouldn't you think she, of all people, would have read the bill?
Then she cried "not fair" when repeatedly asked if she had read the entire thing.
Carol M. Browner is salaried at $172,200? Too funny, a title of Czar and saying not fair. Mommy!

I'll see your best kicker and raise you. These politicians are salaried at $174,000 plus plus, and they signed an unwritten law, or a fill in the blank later law?

When I live-blogged the House debate on cap-and-tax last Friday, I noted the existence of a “placeholder” in the bill. Rep. Joe Barton mentioned it was unprecedented to have such a mechanism (allowing bill-writers to insert language to be determined after the law was approved) in a bill up for final passage. Later, I noted that Barney Frank explained on the floor on Friday that the placeholder in the cap and trade bill apparently will deal with regulations of financial derivatives market associated with reducing carbon emissions. Frank said he was confident a “good system will be in place.”
Michelle Malkin Here is the cap-and-tax “placeholder:” Where’s the fine print?

Emphasis mine :

". . it was unprecedented to have such a mechanism (allowing bill-writers to insert language to be determined after the law was approved)"

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/waxman2.jpg (broken link)

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/waxman.jpg (broken link)

Mainstream media, the propaganda arm of the government (which includes Google) . . crickets.

Last edited by red.ochre; 07-02-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM

3,105 posts, read 4,673,829 times
No No Tell me it is not soooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:07 PM

122 posts, read 195,907 times

YouTube - Mountain Madness - Invasion of the Coal Thugs

Nice job, miners. Real slick. The MTR crowd should be real proud.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:07 PM

Heard on the radio that June 2009 was the 8th coldest in recorded history - didn't catch all the dates but the colder ones were Junes in 1958 and 1880 something.

Of course, global warming enthusiasts will tell us that GW is causing the close to record cold.

Hmm, guess they were having a problem with man-made CO2 emmissions back in the late 1880's.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Interesting reading at Ice Age Now (http://www.iceagenow.com/index.htm - broken link) :

Open letter to Senator Mark Begich
Are you aware that glaciers are growing in Alaska?

Record low temperatures in 46 states during June (per NOAA)

Global temperatures are falling

Apollo moonwalker Dr. Buzz Aldrin a climate skeptic

Old 07-12-2009, 05:40 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,404,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough View Post

YouTube - Mountain Madness - Invasion of the Coal Thugs

Nice job, miners. Real slick. The MTR crowd should be real proud.
HA...yeah those coal miners were a real classy bunch! It was certainly a VERY civil way to get their counter point across. I have to commend the Mountain Keepers Festival participants for ignoring white trash like that and continuing with their day. The sad thing is you could probably combine the IQs of those 20 or so party crashers and not break 100.

Last edited by NOVAmtneer82; 07-12-2009 at 05:52 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 PM

122 posts, read 195,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
HA...yeah those coal miners were a real classy bunch! I have to commend the Mountain Keepers Festival participants for ignoring white trash like that and continuing with their day.
Heh. But, didn't you know that it was STAGED? Those weren't coal miners. It was all a set up by the tree-huggers.

There. I just saved the regulars here from responding.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:54 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,404,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveHadEnough View Post
Heh. But, didn't you know that it was STAGED? Those weren't coal miners. It was all a set up by the tree-huggers.

There. I just saved the regulars here from responding.
You know I bet it was! And they were probably acting upon a direct request from Barack Obama and other liberal politicians...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia