U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM

152 posts, read 57,702 times

Advertisements

WV is losing its population (White people not colored) .
Why WV is losing white population ? and how do you think it will be in future ? more than now or less ( I mean in losing white population ) ? and if this continues then in in 30 or 40 years latter it will have less than 1.6 million white people . ( less than 80% of its population will be white) .

what do you think ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM

4,715 posts, read 8,801,284 times
Most of the blacks left for work 30 years ago...the remainder were put into prisons here..about 67% of the black males...

The whites are not fools either...retire to Florida and the Carolinas...educate their children and place them in worker/business friendly areas with a better economic cycles...(Charlotte, Texas, Raliegh)

Wv is a victim of an elitist political family formed in the 1930's...widespread and tight...everybody is a part of the network web...

They almost fell victim to political honesty when a great lady named Charlotte Pritt threatened their domain. She preached education reform and personal sanctity...she was destroyed...

We have had no person with that kind of courage to come forward since then and I don't expect anybody to ever try...our system is that corrupt...

A similar scene is unfolding on the national scene with Sarah Palin...and all the guns are aimed at her.

Both ladies were great moral examples of the common person...
Sarah will be a foot note in the history of our future, if at all...

We are too far gone...a Cinncinatus in the George Washington/Abraham Lincoln frame of mind and character does not have a chance in todays political world of gangsterism...
It's about the money!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:28 AM

5,826 posts, read 6,201,450 times
It is very common for young people to graduate from high school to pursue their careers outside of WV and then to return to WV when they are in or nearing retirement - much the same as coming home to sleep. I can't even begin to count the number of times this has occurred. It has been going on for decades that I am aware of. A very familiar and typical question folks ask is "How long have you been back?" when hearing that the last place worked was in a state other than WV. It is just a given that anyone in WV was always here or was raised here and has family here - and that they have come home after being away. Rare is the odd duck that moved here without having family or roots here.

Yes, they leave, but they also return.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 AM

967 posts, read 1,991,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
It is very common for young people to graduate from high school to pursue their careers outside of WV and then to return to WV when they are in or nearing retirement - much the same as coming home to sleep. I can't even begin to count the number of times this has occurred. It has been going on for decades that I am aware of. A very familiar and typical question folks ask is "How long have you been back?" when hearing that the last place worked was in a state other than WV. It is just a given that anyone in WV was always here or was raised here and has family here - and that they have come home after being away. Rare is the odd duck that moved here without having family or roots here.

Yes, they leave, but they also return.
I'm changing my name to "odd duck".

Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM

301 posts, read 532,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diako_lorddm View Post
what do you think ?
Numbers are close enough for approximate : I read somewhere it takes 3 children for civilization continuity. Post-baby boomer, the average American (non-immigrant) has about 1.5 children (some have 3, some have none), but as a country, our birthrates are stabilized with legal immigration. However, the average illegal alien and third-world type immigrants (example, via "refugee", current and previous occupant of the White House dumps) have on average about 8 children (some have 13, some have less).

Random articles
http://www.newswithviews.com/NWO/newworld44.htm
http://refugeeresettlementwatch.word...ing-to-the-us/

I've seen projections as early as 2050 that most of America will be non-white, or it's half-way point to no return. Little wonder then, why the occupant of the White House is taking control of the next census with the election fraud and organized crime company called ACORN.
Judicial Watch Obtains Obama Commerce Department Documents Detailing ACORN Partnership for 2010 Census | Judicial Watch

I think it's entirely possible America will be balkanized in the future, some by race, i.e., Hispanic (aided by by politics, i.e., Communism), and some by religion, i.e., Islam (Sharia Law). West Virginia has the ability to survive the future, but as for most of the country, buh bye!

Last edited by red.ochre; 07-14-2009 at 12:30 PM..

Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 PM

175 posts, read 384,910 times
When I graduated High School I wanted to get away and experience the rest of the world. I had lived in WV for 17 years...did that, got the tee shirt and moved on. Thirty one years later, thanks to the Navy, I had seen a LOT of the world, lived in ten different states and visited most of the others. There are a lot of nice places out there to visit...but only ONE place to live...so I came back home!!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM

8,826 posts, read 5,047,486 times
Are there really people out there who still use the term "colored"?

And David, are you certain that 67% of black men in WV are in prison?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,801,284 times
Those figures were for Fairmont only...I don't have any numbers for Morgantown or the state in general...
Marion county had a judge a few years back who put almost every black person in jail...got so bad the voters revolted and voted him out...Something that almost never happens...voting out a Good Democrat.

You might hear the term "colored in the black neighborhoods...an old peoples term.

The term 'Black came into focus in the 60's and 70's with the Black Panthers and Black Muslims, ect...an empowerment term..with a fear factor...Huey Newton and others gave an empowerment to the black community...negative, certainly...but it did make 'Whitey hesitate...

most of us here in Wv, were dumb old hillbillies...black and white..ha ha...Detroit had to bring in the influence on the weekends...

Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM

967 posts, read 1,991,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are there really people out there who still use the term "colored"?

And David, are you certain that 67% of black men in WV are in prison?
Zen,

You may have heard of the NAACP, National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People. Colored can't be a bad word only when spoken by whites, can it...?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:26 AM

1,958 posts, read 3,810,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diako_lorddm View Post
WV is losing its population (White people not colored) .
Why WV is losing white population ? and how do you think it will be in future ? more than now or less ( I mean in losing white population ) ? and if this continues then in in 30 or 40 years latter it will have less than 1.6 million white people . ( less than 80% of its population will be white) .

what do you think ?
Well I think that information is incorrect. Minorities are slowly moving into the state, but WV is still the whitest state in the nation. I can see slow population growth of both white and minority races. If you ask me a little splash of color would do this place some good. Who cares if there are less than 1.6 million white people in the state? West Virginia should be for everyone regardless of race, color, religion (or lack thereof), sexual orientation, gender, sex, or your favorite major league baseball team...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia