Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 AM

308 posts, read 799,245 times

Advertisements

Looks like there is work being done for the last week at potomac station in spring mills down the same street as burger king.I do believe that area is where Popeyes and Dunkin Donuts was to be built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 AM

112 posts, read 200,990 times
UPDATE ON POTOMAC STATION PROJECT: The Herald-Mail newspaper had an article, dated January 17, 2014, that talked about the possibility of a seven-screen movie theater being planned at Potomac Station. According to the article, the new sketch plans (submitted to the Berkeley County Planning Commission) included 62 single-family homes and 287 townhouses along with two commerical lots. In January 2006, the developer had originally planned for 21 commercial lots and 334 townhouses. The new plan resembles a residential subdivision with some commercial space, rather than high-density housing inter-mixed with alot of commercial development. I think the new proposal is a better solution for this part of the Spring Mills area (although having single-family houses facing Rt. 901 is a bit odd).

Old 11-17-2014, 10:10 AM

112 posts, read 200,990 times
Quite a bit of home construction ongoing at Potomac Station. Over the past six months, three streets have been paved, three rows of townhouses constructed (about 15 to 18 townhouses total), three or four houses in various stages of completion, and a cabinet and countertop business ready to open (which faces Rt. 901). I attended the grand opening event last month and spoke to a Ryan Homes representative. She mentioned that Martin's Grocery might be coming to the area as well as a hotel and possibly a movie theater. I think all of these possibilities have been reported in the local media, though.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:47 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret.Squirrel View Post
Quite a bit of home construction ongoing at Potomac Station. Over the past six months, three streets have been paved, three rows of townhouses constructed (about 15 to 18 townhouses total), three or four houses in various stages of completion, and a cabinet and countertop business ready to open (which faces Rt. 901). I attended the grand opening event last month and spoke to a Ryan Homes representative. She mentioned that Martin's Grocery might be coming to the area as well as a hotel and possibly a movie theater. I think all of these possibilities have been reported in the local media, though.
I've never seen any articles about a movie theater or a Martin's, but it's great to hear!

Old 11-18-2014, 09:16 AM

actually a movie theatre has been mentioned a couple of times but it was tentative,as far as Martins this is the first i have heard about it

Old 11-18-2014, 10:51 AM

Where approximately would it be?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:34 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times
A couple of years ago someone mentioned (I believe on this thread) a rumor about Martin's. Spring Mills would be a great location for one, since the only other option for a grocery store in the area is a Food Lion in Marlowe (or Walmart, but I don't count it as a grocery store). I would love to see a couple of common sit-down restaurants in this area as well. The Spring Mills exit seems to serve a lot of I-81 travelers, so something like a Cracker Barrel, IHOP, or Bob Evans would be excellent. I could also see an Applebee's here for late-night diners. I travel a lot and often find myself wanting something far more fulfilling for dinner than fast food.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:32 AM

The original site plan way back before they even started building Potomac Station had a Bob Evans listed as well as a Rite Aid,Taco Bell and a BP gas station.I am now told that near Holiday Inn Express they will be making room for dental offices in the next year or so

Old 11-19-2014, 07:42 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
The original site plan way back before they even started building Potomac Station had a Bob Evans listed as well as a Rite Aid,Taco Bell and a BP gas station.I am now told that near Holiday Inn Express they will be making room for dental offices in the next year or so
Very interesting, I did not know all of this. It's a shame Bob Evans hasn't done anything yet. Hopefully they haven't backed out of the site completely and are just waiting for approvals.

I see both the Spring Mills and Falling Waters exits as having tons of potential. Both have been experiencing and are continuing to experience significant increases in residential construction. Every time I drive past the Falling Waters exit on 81 southbound, I am surprised by the rows of townhouses and single family homes visible from the highway. They seem to multiply overnight!

Old 06-01-2015, 11:16 PM

I'm pretty sure that I posted this on another retail post here in the WV forum, but maybe this is where that Martin's, movie theater, and hotel will go:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...06-43818?row=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia