U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM

410 posts, read 398,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
Anyone been to the new place yet because it appears the parking lot is always empty
I've actually been there a few times. I'd say their food is decent enough, and the price is right -- BUT the problem is that those have been "grand opening" prices, and if everything goes up a few bucks, I doubt I'll find it worth it. Though driving 5 miles further (either direction) costs a few bucks too, so maybe I'll still end up going there a couple times a month.

The few times I've been there, the place has been pretty empty, but there was a decent flow of take-out traffic.

They should just put a California Tortilla out there -- dang, I miss their queso! (I know, I can probably buy it online or something, but I miss the fun of sitting there eating nachos'n'chips while sipping on endless Cokes, pretending my lunch break isn't really over just quite yet...)
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM

212 posts, read 381,525 times
stopped in yesterday because of the $4.99 large pizza special they are running.The pizza was horrible.It was like tasting sauce on cardboard and the little cheese that it had was burnt.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
stopped in yesterday because of the $4.99 large pizza special they are running.The pizza was horrible.It was like tasting sauce on cardboard and the little cheese that it had was burnt.
*sigh* ... NEXT!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
Odds of them making it to year's end are currently running 3:1 against.
Sure enough, they didn't make it to a year! (Rt 9 Burgers & Pizza)

At least that's my assumption. Their phone #'s been disconnected and when I drove by today at lunchtime, the place was closed.

Anybody know what happened? OK, I guess there's not much more to the story than not very good food, so-so prices, lousy location, no customers...

*sigh*

NEXT!!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Do i hear CHINESE FOOD

Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 AM

4,874 posts, read 2,721,917 times
Quote:
Do i hear CHINESE FOOD

NO!!!!!!!! LOL

May 2012, Health insp rpt listed one critical and 11 non-critical. I don't think that would be enough to close it unless they went back and found nothing corrected or more violations?
Makes ya wonder if that locale is just cursed

I miss Cal Tort too

Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Makes ya wonder if that locale is just cursed.
Yeah, it's cursed with bad food.

You wouldn't think it'd be that hard to make a restaurant work there, you've got all those IRS, Coast Guard, and VA folks working right nearby, plus there are a good number of residents nearby, geez.

Last place that had good food there was Georgia Boy like 4 years ago. But IIRC he had some dispute with the county or somesuch, so picked up and went to Hagerstown. *sigh*

I notice I've sighed a lot on this thread.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Here we go again,noticed a sign on the building saying coming soon INDIAN CUISINE

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Here we go again,noticed a sign on the building saying coming soon INDIAN CUISINE
Thx for the info, I'll definitely try it out when it opens.

I'm guessing a June '13 shutdown.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 AM

385 posts, read 1,232,964 times
Really? I haven't followed this thread in a while. Any idea of opening day? I really miss Bombay Peacock in Kearneysville... when they moved to Hagerstown, it just wasn't the same anymore (and I suspect their clientele and staff thought the same thing because they weren't open long after they moved).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia