U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,184 times

Advertisements

as this post is titled morgantown vs charleston and I see a lot if Oliverio's talk I have to break some nothern West Virginians hearts as Oliverio's does not touch Fazio's.. this is opinions aside Fazio's is possibly the best Italian in the state if not the best food period. I'm from the Charleston area and have been at WVU for 4 years so no bias just the truth
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,184 times
overall each city is better or worse than the other in several aspects... with morgantown you have the university, new jobs coming to the area and I would say a much better selection of housing in terms of apartments I mean this place is ridiculous when it comes to the amount of apartments here and the excitement level is great especially if you are young like under 30 young.. charleston on the other hand has nicer suburbs to morgantown's which are basically non existant, charleston and its surrounding area does also prevail in high school sports with tremendous competition straight up 64 all the way to huntington where morgantown has morgantown and university and thats about it within an hour plus... charleston's food is honestly probably a little better but that one is debatable (my vote would go to charleston)they also have the beautiful capital buliding, the power and the nicest skyline in the state these are just a few of the high points I decided to hit I could go on for days but just what came to mind

Old 06-14-2012, 06:37 AM

6,347 posts, read 8,891,939 times
Not this again...

Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 AM

1,946 posts, read 3,650,847 times
LOL, maybe Atlanta will lock this thread and put it out of its misery

Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM

921 posts, read 1,016,830 times
neither are particularly noteworthy.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM

5,276 posts, read 7,399,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcf6 View Post
as this post is titled morgantown vs charleston and I see a lot if Oliverio's talk I have to break some nothern West Virginians hearts as Oliverio's does not touch Fazio's.. this is opinions aside Fazio's is possibly the best Italian in the state if not the best food period. I'm from the Charleston area and have been at WVU for 4 years so no bias just the truth
Fazio's is number 1!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:15 AM

10,148 posts, read 13,270,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcf6 View Post
overall each city is better or worse than the other in several aspects... with morgantown you have the university, new jobs coming to the area and I would say a much better selection of housing in terms of apartments I mean this place is ridiculous when it comes to the amount of apartments here and the excitement level is great especially if you are young like under 30 young.. charleston on the other hand has nicer suburbs to morgantown's which are basically non existant, charleston and its surrounding area does also prevail in high school sports with tremendous competition straight up 64 all the way to huntington where morgantown has morgantown and university and thats about it within an hour plus... charleston's food is honestly probably a little better but that one is debatable (my vote would go to charleston)they also have the beautiful capital buliding, the power and the nicest skyline in the state these are just a few of the high points I decided to hit I could go on for days but just what came to mind
I'm wondering where you are getting some of this stuff. You're "from" Charleston, so I'd say its safe to say you have some bias. Italian food varies in style and composition depending, in part, on the origen of the ancestors of the owners because styles vary widely from one part of Italy to another. We tend to like the food we are accustomed to eating. You grew up in Charleston. It is understandable you would like the food there. That does not make it better. It means you like that style better. And, there are a ton of high schools within an hour of Morgantown... far more than within an hour of Charleston. Just within West Virginia you have the Marion, Preston, Harrison, and Taylor county high schools. In Pennsylvania you have dozens of them reaching almost to the city of Pittsburgh itself. And there are no suburbs in Charleston that compare with Cheat Lake, which has sections where the least expensive home is $2 million.

I appreciate that you went to school here, but you must have spent most of your town enjoying that under 30 nightlife aspect and ignoring the rest of it.

By the way, personally I like Oliverios, but many people here would say that is not the best Italian food in Morgantown. A lot of folks like Stefanos better and still others like Colasantes. http://stefanosmorgantown.com/

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 06-21-2012 at 01:23 AM..

Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
LOL, maybe Atlanta will lock this thread and put it out of its misery
Exactly.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 AM

6,347 posts, read 8,891,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I'm wondering where you are getting some of this stuff. You're "from" Charleston, so I'd say its safe to say you have some bias. Italian food varies in style and composition depending, in part, on the origen of the ancestors of the owners because styles vary widely from one part of Italy to another. We tend to like the food we are accustomed to eating. You grew up in Charleston. It is understandable you would like the food there. That does not make it better. It means you like that style better. And, there are a ton of high schools within an hour of Morgantown... far more than within an hour of Charleston. Just within West Virginia you have the Marion, Preston, Harrison, and Taylor county high schools. In Pennsylvania you have dozens of them reaching almost to the city of Pittsburgh itself. And there are no suburbs in Charleston that compare with Cheat Lake, which has sections where the least expensive home is $2 million.

I appreciate that you went to school here, but you must have spent most of your town enjoying that under 30 nightlife aspect and ignoring the rest of it.

By the way, personally I like Oliverios, but many people here would say that is not the best Italian food in Morgantown. A lot of folks like Stefanos better and still others like Colasantes. Stefano's Restaurant
Fairmont and Clarksburg were known for having the best Italian food in WV. Oliveros is ok.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 AM

Different folks like different things. You really can't say one is "better" than the other. People with ancestors from northern Italy, for example, tend to put white sauce (or "gravy" as they call it) on their pasta. The further south you go there, the more tomatoes are utilized. Some like it thick, and some like it runny. Differing types of bread are used. Sicily is really as much Greek as it is Italian. And, when people came here, they brought their particular preferences with them. I lived in the NYC area for nearly 2 decades, and had all this explained to me more than once.

That said, I believe Clarksburg has as much distinctive Italian flavor as any place in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia