Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 AM

144 posts, read 317,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I can answer that question:

Thousands of old hippies are in India receiving their disability checks and living like kings...smoking the legal hashish and having their servants clean their toenails..

Having done their work to destroy this country, they recline in a comfortable retirement...

This IS NOT a joke...

Part of the reason gasoline is going up in price is our military...
Buying the reserve they need for the Afganistan expansion, and the hedge for any potential involvement when Israel takes out the Iranian nuke sites before January.

Obama, even though a communist, gets his marching orders from the invisible government...just like Bush did.
Dope (Opium) is also a trade commodity, just like wheat, soybeans and oil.
When the speculators "bet/gamble" they don't take ownership of the oil in a true manner. They can buy 1,000's of barrels for a 1/10th of the price so it works as a investment or gambling tool. We as the end users get it in the end (pun intended) and it really sucks. We need to go to a true supply and demand situation for the benefit of this county.

The cost has risen .20 in the last week and the wholesalers IMMEDIATELY raise the price even though they bought it lower. When they drop the price it takes two to three times longer to drop so what they bought at the higher price gets sold at a profit. Either way we pay the price and they reap the profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
convex is right. Dollar is falling which means it's not an attractive option so people put their money into commodities. Not because they are now more dear, but that's just where the money is going. Don't blame OPEC, blame D.C.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,312,547 times
That invisible smoke is called the Futures Market...

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 AM

America needs to change its vehicle energy needs/use to natural gas and it will not happen with this sitting president.

My personal feelings as to his incompetency is this: His brain has been fried from to much pot smoking.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
It isn't going to happen until the super rich who control the energy resources want it to happen. And, they use every perceived "crisis" as an excuse to jack up prices and bilk folks even more. We don't even get our oil from the Middle East, yet since we have allowed them to tie us into this "global" mess every time somebody burps in Uzbekistan it is a reason to grab a few billion more from the American middle class by raising prices.

They spent three decades preaching the need for American energy independence, and when we attain it, they respond by taking our energy resources and shipping them to China in exchange for cheap slave labor that takes more of our jobs. It isn't just this sitting President, David. We absolutely have to start electing populists or this downward trend for most of our people will continue unabated. The President was elected with the promise to insure American workers got a fair shake, and just last week hi signed yet another "Free Trade Agreement" with another cheap labor country that will take even more of our jobs. They couch it in terms like "it will create 58,000 new jobs", and it will. The problem is, while it is doing that it will move another 300,000 jobs from here to the cheap labor source.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Politico's extort money from American companies...

A friend shut down his plastics business last year (five factories). He said to me, "Dave, the Rebubs wanted Seven Million...but the Democraps wanted Twenty...that was enough for me. Let the plastics come from India...I'm finished." He retired to Palm Springs and plays golf everyday.

It's all about money....make it and the unconvicted criminals want their perceived share.

Wv is being set up for the Marcellus Shale 'pic.
Good companies are not giving up the 'cash to do business here' and are leaving the field.

A friend told me last week that the Marcellus shale bed will generate at least one billion per day when in full swing. Am I getting your attention?...this is serious money!

Inflation is the other factor.

Jobs??? How do you give jobs to drug addicts?
24 out of 25 job applicants cannot pass a drug test...

Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Politico's extort money from American companies...

A friend shut down his plastics business last year (five factories). He said to me, "Dave, the Rebubs wanted Seven Million...but the Democraps wanted Twenty...that was enough for me. Let the plastics come from India...I'm finished." He retired to Palm Springs and plays golf everyday.

It's all about money....make it and the unconvicted criminals want their perceived share.

Wv is being set up for the Marcellus Shale 'pic.
Good companies are not giving up the 'cash to do business here' and are leaving the field.

A friend told me last week that the Marcellus shale bed will generate at least one billion per day when in full swing. Am I getting your attention?...this is serious money!

Inflation is the other factor.

Jobs??? How do you give jobs to drug addicts?
24 out of 25 job applicants cannot pass a drug test...
Aside from the fact that it is 30% of job applicants who fail drug tests, what you say is on target. But, you aren't stating the underlying reason. The reason it is cheaper to get plastics from India is because they pay their workers less than dirt. The guys who wanted millions from your friend (and it really doesn't matter the political party, they're all in on the game) represent the REAL money folks... the ones who own the golfcourse your friend uses. They could give a crap whether your friend can compete or not because their money is going to follow the cheap labor. Unless your friend is willing to learn Chinese, he can't play that game. He is part of the middle class sacrificial lamb.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:10 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,873,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Aside from the fact that it is 30% of job applicants who fail drug tests, what you say is on target. But, you aren't stating the underlying reason. The reason it is cheaper to get plastics from India is because they pay their workers less than dirt. The guys who wanted millions from your friend (and it really doesn't matter the political party, they're all in on the game) represent the REAL money folks... the ones who own the golfcourse your friend uses. They could give a crap whether your friend can compete or not because their money is going to follow the cheap labor. Unless your friend is willing to learn Chinese, he can't play that game. He is part of the middle class sacrificial lamb.
The upper class has restributed the wealth of the middle class to themselves. The global economy is a race to the bottom to increase the wealth of stockholders and owners.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Cry_Havoc is correct....but to clarify...the global controlers are an international network of crime bosses and unconvicted criminals...nothing less.
Russia changed from one oligarchy to another, the middle eastern dictators changed from one religious group to another. China...actually is getting better.

I wonder if they had ALL the money...would they implode.

The global wealth distribution is to the Saudi's and the gold holders (Russia and China)...nobody else.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,873,540 times
Quote:
Cry_Havoc is correct....but to clarify...the global controlers are an international network of crime bosses and unconvicted criminals...nothing less.
Russia changed from one oligarchy to another, the middle eastern dictators changed from one religious group to another. China...actually is getting better.

I wonder if they had ALL the money...would they implode.

The global wealth distribution is to the Saudi's and the gold holders (Russia and China)...nobody else.
I was thinking that earlier.

Basically the people who run the world are the, "new mafia." They work in politics and business and make the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia