U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:22 AM

1,865 posts, read 2,807,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobums View Post
Hey Sundance ~ I lived in Preston County for many years... locals told me all kinda stories about UFO's. Most persistent were strange lights and aliens on Caddell Mountain. Didn't help with the Camp Dawson by the river... I just never looked too close at the sky at night.

Maybe Sunshine Daydream camp had something to do about all the UFO chatter.
My husband is the authority on this subject. He pretty much knows all of the tales and folklore about Bigfoot, Mothman, and chubacabras, or whatever they are called.....but he was telling me about the "activity" in Preston County. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:17 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,805,029 times
I saw a strange cat on the edge of the interstate this afternoon on the way to the Pittsburgh Airport.

About 40 lbs...sharp pointed ears, heavy like long ring tail...was in winter coat ( a medium length) dark brown with alternative/ random muted tan markings.

Long ring tailed bobcat? in reverse markings? Wonder if it was some asian or south american castaway...but what?

Unidentified Walking Animal????

Old 10-25-2009, 06:18 AM

2,383 posts, read 4,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
There is a lady in Murrysville, PA. Just 20 miles east of Pittsburgh who has been filming strange objects decending out of the air, landing in the woods behind her house about 200 feet away, and then taking back off again. She has a site on you tube as well. Many of these videos were taken this month too.

In several of her videos, the aircraft appear pretty far away and could just be FAA aircraft. But other videos seem to indicate otherwise.

She needs to just get a search party together one night and rush into the woods and see what these things really are. Here's some of her videos:
YouTube - seeingUFOsPA's Channel
I live just a couple of miles from the Murrysville border. There's been absolutely no mention of this locally, either on TV or in the papers.

Murrysville is bisected by US Rte 22, which is a major flyway for Life-Flight type helicopters from Indiana, Altoona, and Johnstown headed to the big trauma centers in Pittsburgh. At least in the video linked above, the UFOs seem to be just regular aircraft with flashing warning lights.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:22 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,028,943 times
Thanks for helping clear that up snorpus.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM

12 posts, read 10,745 times
i dont know if we get more infomation over here in uk but it is now common knowledge here that nazi scientists which originally went to russia (have you seen the ufo crash where the ufo has russian writing on the side), then went to america. they worked on saucers using tessla technology and now worked for lockheed martin, yes thats area 51. the saucer that crashed there used latest fibre glass, (carbon fibres) technology which were secret materials at that point. so the last spy plain that came out of lockheed was a good few decades ago and they employ thousands of people. so what have they been up to. do you think thats it's co incidence that most of the reports of ufo's in uk have been sited near to air bases and the reportings exploded whilst the american bases were here.
let me leave you with this. if there are aliens out there and they were happy to sit back and watch the millions slaughtered in the last century through war and natural disasters, then there not worth knowing if they did exist, and they cant be any more threat to us than we are to ourselves.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 PM

374 posts, read 352,632 times
Dang, doesn't a lot of weird stuff happen in West Virginia? I remember reading about that whole Mothman thing some time ago...And then I remember something called the "Flatwoods Monster." That may not be the correct name, but I believe there were sightings of an alien outside the UFO or something like that.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:21 PM

566 posts, read 1,012,583 times
Here's a report from Grafton, Oct. 8, 2009
National UFO Center | George Filer | Filer's Files

Quote:
GRAFTON -- I was outside having a smoke and noticed something golden reflecting brightly and shiny on October 8, 2009, of the sun reflecting off a UFO. I immediately realized that it was not an airplane, and ran into the house and grabbed my camera. I managed to get off one shot that fortunately turned out good considering the object was several thousand feet away and traveling about twice the speed of a passenger plane. It was twice the size of a passenger airplane and made absolutely no noise as it flew almost right over my house. The object looked very similar to a bird but did not appear to moving mechanically. It was traveling in an almost straight line away from the air force base in Kingwood WV. Thanks to MUFON CMS
There's a picture with the report about, 3/4 down the page.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM

566 posts, read 1,012,583 times
Here's one that was just reported, from the Mothman Festival in Sept.

LONG DESCRIPTION OF SIGHTING REPORT

And the picture:

http://www.mufoncms.com/files/20523_...Ocomposite.jpg

Latest reports page at MUFON :

http://mufoncms.com/cgi-bin/manage_s...latest_reports

Old 11-15-2009, 08:06 PM

11,962 posts, read 7,759,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I saw a strange cat on the edge of the interstate this afternoon on the way to the Pittsburgh Airport.

About 40 lbs...sharp pointed ears, heavy like long ring tail...was in winter coat ( a medium length) dark brown with alternative/ random muted tan markings.

Long ring tailed bobcat? in reverse markings? Wonder if it was some asian or south american castaway...but what?

Unidentified Walking Animal????
A Raccoon with fangs? Would that be AliceT's pet? I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:08 AM

246 posts, read 584,734 times
Quote:
GRAFTON -- I was outside SMOKING A JOINT and noticed something golden reflecting brightly and shiny on October 8, 2009, of the sun reflecting off a UFO. I immediately realized that it was not an airplane, and ran into the house and grabbed my camera. I managed to get off one shot that fortunately turned out good considering the object was several thousand feet away and traveling about twice the speed of a passenger plane. It was twice the size of a passenger airplane and made absolutely no noise as it flew almost right over my house. The object looked very similar to a bird but did not appear to moving mechanically. It was traveling in an almost straight line away from the air force base in Kingwood WV. Thanks to MUFON CMS
FIXED IT FOR YA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia