Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you people TRYING to make me cry?!?

I need to move on. I'm thinking of remarrying, I've found this new gal Five Guys who seems pretty nice... though I'm not sure if she's really good for me...
LOL!

Also, in Shepherdstown ~ There is Maria's Taquria who sells burritos and tacos and simlar fare to CalTort. They are closer, but certainly not CalTort.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/HR1eP...IhEh61U9hzG5ew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM

229 posts, read 879,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
OMG, for a Taco Bell?!? -- that's hilarious!! That DJ must have owned major stock in an anti-diarrhea company or something.
What is more funny, OK sadder..is the fact that Charles Town no longer has any radio stations to call its own. WXVA which is now 98.3 KISS-FM gave up on West Virginia long ago as they changed their city of license to Stephens City, Virginia ( a suberb of Winchester ) plus they have since moved their studios, even their tower to Winchester too.

Charles Town-Ranson's lost is Winchester's gain here.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,100,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
It is inside the new Target store at The Commons. It's been open since Target opened a little before July 26, and is doing extremely well. -mmccul

is that the only Starbucks in Martinsburg???

Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 PM

240 posts, read 831,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
is that the only Starbucks in Martinsburg???
I believe there is one in the Martinsburg VA Center.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:20 AM

You know what I think is funny... There are Daily Grinds all over the place in Martinsburg (well at least two) and people complain there are no Starbucks (except for the one in Target)... but I like Daily Grind better than Starbucks! Daily Grind even opened up a store in a snooty community shopping center in Laurel, MD ~ actually Scaggsville (Maple Lawn, look it up). But they closed recently (probably because all the snooty people didn't like it because it wasn't Starbucks).

Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Direction View Post
You know what I think is funny... There are Daily Grinds all over the place in Martinsburg (well at least two) and people complain there are no Starbucks (except for the one in Target)... but I like Daily Grind better than Starbucks! Daily Grind even opened up a store in a snooty community shopping center in Laurel, MD ~ actually Scaggsville (Maple Lawn, look it up). But they closed recently (probably because all the snooty people didn't like it because it wasn't Starbucks).

The Daily Grinds in Martinsburg and Maryland are based out of Winchester.
Last I heard they were having money woes( I believe they even filed bankruptcy ) and were in the process of closing down many of their locations including their flagship in downtown Winchester.

This was their website.

Contact Support

Old 06-11-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy J. View Post
Last I heard they were having money woes( I believe they even filed bankruptcy ) and were in the process of closing down many of their locations including their flagship in downtown Winchester.

This was their website.

Contact Support
That's really sad. I think they are better than Starbucks (like I said).

Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM

423 posts, read 1,237,337 times
I'd also pick Daily Grind over a Starbucks ..... I hope that they don't close all of their locations. The Martinsburg store always seems to be busy.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billscamaros View Post
I'd also pick Daily Grind over a Starbucks ..... I hope that they don't close all of their locations. The Martinsburg store always seems to be busy.
Hopefully they won't close their Martinsburg location either but sadly some of their Winchester locations were doing great business right up until the last minute..such as the one near Ann Taylor's Loft at Creekside Village. One day it was packed..the next day it was closed. I don't think even their own employees knew about the closing. Come to think of it didn't this happened to the Eastern Panhandle and Winchester area Hardees some years back?

Daily Grind's big mistake was expanding too much and into the wrong areas. No problem with Martinsburg, Maryland, Virginia..heck even the Chambersburg-Waynesboro area, but the Daily Grind prefered to expand ( according to their now defunct website ) to markets like Indianapolis, Austin, Denver, California, Phoenix, etc....

Despite being a Winchester based business, I can remember when the chain said no to a Berkeley Springs store as well as a location inside the Charles Town Races & Slots...instead the Daily Grind spend money doing a market study on building a location in WYOMING !!!!

Had the Daily Grind stuck with building stores only within our four-state area chances are they would be doing just fine right now.

...and so it goes

Last edited by cathy J.; 06-11-2010 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM

54 posts, read 145,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy J. View Post

This was their website.

Contact Support
The coffee shop trend is starting peter out as people cut back and, of course, realize they can get equally good coffee for less just about anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia