U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM

9,867 posts, read 5,779,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvaspartan View Post
Well I will say it was run poorly....The owners of the one in Ranson always seemed to have five people working every shift even when it was slow. I mean you could get by with three people working there at the slow times. I am quite unhappy by this but am not surprised as this area can't have so many fast food restaurants and them all survive. There needs to be far more sit down restaurants added.
I don't understand it's not like Cal Tort was even the same type of food as the others surrounding it. Yeah, if it were another pizza/sub/burger place, I could see it. When you say, "sit-down" restaurant, were you speaking of a TGIF/Ruby Tuesday/Chili's/Outback type dining atmosphere? i'm wondering, 'cuz there was seating in Cal Tort. Even at those restaurants, one can still do takeout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 12:07 PM

32 posts, read 85,286 times
Yeah I am saying more TGIF or the like...the "fast food" locations are too plentiful in the area and when there are a number of them that need high usage rates it causes issues like was seen with Cal Tort...I will say though I am surprised Cal Tort was the one that was first ( I expected Roy Rogers) since its only competition is Taco Bell for that type of food.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM

385 posts, read 1,685,307 times
I'm really upset about California Tortilla closing. I didn't eat there all of the time but I was really happy when all the new businesses started to open in Ranson. So sad.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM

495 posts, read 735,332 times
Pam Felix (Queen of Burritos) just e-mailed me with the following, in re my question of what to do with my Cal Tort gift card:

"[SIZE=2]As you can imagine, because this was a franchised store, we're still working a lot of details out, such as what to do with gift card balances, etc. With that said, if you can email me your gift card number and your address, as soon as we have a definitive resolution I'll let you know.[/SIZE] [LEFT][SIZE=2]In the meantime, I sincerely apologize for any inconvience and I appreciate your understanding.[/SIZE]"

Her e-mail address btw is: pfelix@californiatortilla.com[/LEFT]

Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM

80 posts, read 190,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
@nccolt60 - Yeah, I have $15 on a Cal Tort gift card... I asked Burrito Queen Pam what I'm supposed to do with that now, she hasn't replied yet (but it was only this afternoon I e-mailed her). If I find out, I'll let y'all know.
I e-mailed Pam (one of the founders) about my gift card and this was her reply:

Please believe me when I tell you that we were as surprised as anyone when we heard that the franchisees of the Ranson Cal Tort closed their doors. And because this all happened so suddenly, we're still working a lot of details out, such as what to do with gift card balances, etc. With that said, if you can email me your gift card number and your address, as soon as we have a definitive resolution I'll let you know.[/SIZE

In the meantime, I apologize for any inconenience and sincerely appreciate your understanding.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Yours Truly
Pam Felix
Co-founder

Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM

ooh, sorry for the bad cut-and-paste job above! anyway, you get the idea...

Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 AM

11 posts, read 38,319 times
The track wanted the property back. I've heard that their ultimate plan is to close 5th Avenue so that the horses and employees don't have to cross the street. The new entrance will be from Flowing springs to thru the Sheetze lot into the the garage street.

As for Weis and gas, there are no other gas stations anywhere around, so they are doing the same thing that Martins does. Sell groceries and discount gas. I would love to have a Rocs or Sheetz there at the stop light. No gas from Kearneysville to Berryville unless you get off the highway. Once 9 opens, no gas from Rocs at Kelly Island until you get to Berryville.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 AM

10,947 posts, read 14,593,711 times
Has anyone read the nutritional info on Five Guys stuff? Jebus- one cheeseburger and reg fries meal and my arteries would solidify shut.

http://www.fiveguys.net/files/files/...lInfo_2009.pdf

Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 PM

@Threerun ("Has anyone read the nutritional info on Five Guys stuff? Jebus- one cheeseburger and reg fries meal and my arteries would solidify shut.")

Well, yeah, but it's pretty juicy tasty stuff! Seems like a good fit for this area! (Yes I'm 50-something pounds overweight.)

Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 PM

10,947 posts, read 14,593,711 times
Yeah I could stand to lose 20 to get back to fighting weight, and I don't even eat fast food!

I some article that featured the worst fries in America (health wise) and 5 guys was just below Chili's Cheese and Chili fries.

Meh- I like home cooking, so I can't rail against them. I love some ham and gravy and butter beans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia