U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 PM

34 posts, read 33,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Many of the founding fathers, including Jefferson, were deists. Not exactly your brand of Christianity.
and...........your point is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:33 PM

4,715 posts, read 8,801,284 times
Cava 1990 gave you points for that...those 13 colonies were seperate countries in their own right...and had strong seperate religous views...

Incredible meeting of intelligent minds to eventually create a workable federation by 1788...several years after the Declaration of Independance...

What a laughing stock our congress has become...those founding fathers would beat these idiots with their walking sticks and canes and then pi$$ on them in the ditch...I can see it now...

Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM

14,141 posts, read 16,497,023 times
The Congress is bought and paid for, both sides.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM

6,890 posts, read 5,395,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
The Congress is bought and paid for, both sides.
That's the first thing, well almost the first thing you've said with which I agree. Special interests rule the day, and the ordinary person essentially has little voice. We have established a situation with our Federal Government, and with the administrations of state governments, where only the super rich are able to run for office. Invariably, on many issues they march in lockstep contrary to the wishes of the majority of people.

This topic is a perfect example. Nearly 80% of the American people simply want our current immigration laws strictly enforced. The elitists who run our government (party doesn't matter) are able to cater to special interests, because nobody has the funding to oppose them.

56% of the population want nothing to do with a nationalized health system, yet the bozos in Congress ignore us with impunity.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:21 AM

4,715 posts, read 8,801,284 times
We have a change in process...Election Day November 2010 will send a distinct message.

Begin looking at your local and national Independant Candidates...

Theodore Roosevelt brought needed change to America in 1905...his 3rd Party was called the Bull Moose Party. (and Sara Palin is a lot like TR) My observation.

In this great country Revolution can be peaceful...we can do this from the voting booth.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 AM

14,141 posts, read 16,497,023 times
Palin's a phony too. She's using folks like you to make a lotta bucks.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 AM

I'm not sure about a third party - then votes will be split. Dem's will stick with dems and the conservative vote will be split. True conservative candadites are what we need. I believe Sarah can bring much needed change, we need someone with the clean house mentality and an washington outsider. I believe it's very important to go with someone on the outside, someone who wants to DO THE RIGHT THING for our country! Smaller gov't not bigger. Of course it's going to take major work to get us out of all this debt.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 AM

967 posts, read 1,991,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKayGal View Post
I'm not sure about a third party - then votes will be split. Dem's will stick with dems and the conservative vote will be split. True conservative candadites are what we need. I believe Sarah can bring much needed change, we need someone with the clean house mentality and an washington outsider. I believe it's very important to go with someone on the outside, someone who wants to DO THE RIGHT THING for our country! Smaller gov't not bigger. Of course it's going to take major work to get us out of all this debt.
I don't think Palin is a phoney, but I do think she's more of the same. We need a third party in a bad way. "New" conservative republicans or democrats have to sign the same old contract to join their parties. They agree to play by the party rules, and obey the party leaders... Independants are beholden only to the people who elect them- as it should be. Hardest obsacle to overcome is the financial one. The two parties have driven the price tag of a state or federal office campaign to well over a million dollars- essentially pricing out any real competition. If a third party guy is going to get in the running, he needs big money support- and comes with strings attached. Right back where we started.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Did Regan play by the party rules? I just see Sarah's mentality to be as Regan's. Regan stood out from the party. If there had been a third party at the time we wouldn't of had Regan. No Carter, no Regan, so I'm all for Palin after Obama. We need someone who cares about America not their party.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Point taken on the most money wins! I remember hearing someone say way before the election that whoever had the most money was going to win - that being Obama. What a challenge with 3 parties that would be. More dem's need to get a clue before a third party would work. I'm all for 3 parties but don't see it working to really benefit this country. Maybe the answer is limits - how long these people can stay in the same office is just astounding to me. Too many games going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia