U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 AM

4,715 posts, read 8,713,541 times

Advertisements

This thread has wandered off topic and has become a political discussion.

'Elitist Political Personalities should be a topic of it's own...in another forum.

(but I owe you points CAVA for #147)
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM

6,805 posts, read 5,247,010 times
Default Illegal Alien Crime Statistics

While there hasn't been any study done relatively recently on the topic, one from four years ago should shed some light on the matter, and it is hard to imagine that things are getting any better with all the illegal alien drug related violence along our southern border.

Fortunately, a number of congressmen requested that the General Accountability Office (GAO) investigate and report information on criminal aliens incarcerated in federal and state prisons and local jails. The resulting GAO report, published in April 2005, revealed that illegal aliens make up 27% of the prison population. (The oft-cited figure of 12 million illegal aliens in the country means that they make up just 4% of the general population.)

Since illegal aliens are unlikely to be committing white-collar crimes, that figure likely underestimates the amount of violent crime committed by illegal aliens. Using the GAO report, Representative Steve King of Iowa points out that 25 Americans, on average, are killed by illegal aliens every day (about evenly split between motor vehicle accidents and outright murder).

Do the math: That works out to more than 9,000 deaths per year, or more than 36,000 deaths over the past four years. That's more than ten times the number of Americans killed in Iraq over the past four years!

From the Federal "Government Accounting Office"
Link: GAO-05-646R, Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States

Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 PM

14,141 posts, read 16,221,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Representative Steve King of Iowa points out that 25 Americans, on average, are killed by illegal aliens every day (about evenly split between motor vehicle accidents and outright murder).

Do the math: That works out to more than 9,000 deaths per year, or more than 36,000 deaths over the past four years. That's more than ten times the number of Americans killed in Iraq over the past four years!
But using the same statistics it's also true that a far larger number of lives are saved from murder and car accidents each year because of legalized abortion.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Now that, is just plain stupid. Did you actually go to UVa?

That is not using any logic at all. And, that is not what the report says. It points out a fact that is obvious to those of us who have worked in the criminal justice field. Illegal aliens are very disproportionately represented in the group that commits violent crime. I doubt that aborted fetuses would be so represented.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 AM

68 posts, read 124,567 times
Rep. Gutierrez Introduces Mass Amnesty Bill | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Michelle Malkin Democrat introduces SEIU-backed illegal alien amnesty bill

Statistics from ICE (2008 to 2009) regarding illegal aliens :
Fallen 68% : Workforce Administrative Arrests
Fallen 60% : Criminal Arrests
Fallen 58% : Criminal Indictments
Fallen 63% : Criminal Convictions

The Declaration of Independence has opinions of a government that does not keep its own laws.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 PM

That's the insanity currently gripping Washington. With unemployment in excess of 15.4 million, as usual their policies only serve to make it worse by allowing 12 million uneducated, unskilled, largely illiterate individuals to remain here sucking off the teat of the already stressed American taxpayer.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 10,611,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

Quote:
But using the same statistics it's also true that a far larger number of lives are saved from murder and car accidents each year because of legalized abortion.
That is not using any logic at all. And, that is not what the report says. It points out a fact that is obvious to those of us who have worked in the criminal justice field. Illegal aliens are very disproportionately represented in the group that commits violent crime. I doubt that aborted fetuses would be so represented.
That's not what he(?) is saying. The point is that if those aborted fetuses had grown up, surely some of them would have been murdered or killed in car accidents (or caused murders/accidents). Since they were never born, the rates of those incidents are down. At least you could justify by statistics.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM

I suppose a certain percentage of any population will turn out to be violent criminals, but the percentage that comes from illicit aliens shouldn't be an issue since they shouldn't be here in the first place. And, the victims of the crimes they commit owe their suffering, in large measure, to the failure of our government to do its job by ridding us of the illegal intruders and defending our borders.

Illegal aliens depress the wages of our workers, steal jobs to which they aren't entitled, commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime, and place a heavy burden on our social service system, for which they do not pay. They pay little in the way of taxes, and when they do pay they do it with stolen identities. They harm our economy by sending much of the money they illegally take out of the country to foreign lands.

Round them up and deport them! Build the fence, and do it now. Arrest those who enter illegally and, on the second offense, put them in Maricopa County type prisons so they won't do it again. And, impose heavy fines on those who illegally hire them. The Government easily has the resources to do all these necessary things. What they lack is the political will to do the right thing and run counter to the special interest groups. They'd rather pander to them than actually do what is best for our country.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 12-17-2009 at 11:00 AM..

Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 806 times
Default Things sure do change

Things are changing around here, that's for sure.

My neighborhood used to be quiet. Now, one of my neighbor's daughters has moved back with her husband. She's white, and he's from somewhere else -- Jamaica or one of those island places.

I guess they seem all right, just not what I'm used to. I wonder if this will happen more.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 AM

1,958 posts, read 3,774,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'WVGal View Post
Things are changing around here, that's for sure.

My neighborhood used to be quiet. Now, one of my neighbor's daughters has moved back with her husband. She's white, and he's from somewhere else -- Jamaica or one of those island places.

I guess they seem all right, just not what I'm used to. I wonder if this will happen more.
OMG......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia