U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
 
4,715 posts, read 8,798,367 times
Reputation: 979

Advertisements

ha ha...our security guard is a former County Deputy...a total force of 12 officers for the county here.

I can see the potential need for about 40 officers is we had a similar, diverse crime layer in our social strata, Artsy

Wonder what the cost would be in millions for an additional 28 officers, canine dogs, equipt, and support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Status: "Wilson is innocent, get over it and learn how to read." (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Northern panhandle of WV
1,621 posts, read 1,574,688 times
Reputation: 1339
Keep the illegals out of our state folks!! We barely have any jobs at it is we don't need any stinkin' illegals taking the ones we do have. If you know of any call the authorities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
 
526 posts, read 596,543 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv.artistry View Post
. . information he compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12850

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes”.
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.
380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens.
97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers.
66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers
This email has been around for a while. One of the first ones was attibuted to the LA Times, citing a retired San Diego police officer instead of a retired NY policeman.

There are legitimate arguments to be made. Homeland Security has statitics posted online and it is easy enough to check these figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Charleston, West Virginia USA
68 posts, read 125,853 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Wonder what the cost would be in millions for an additional 28 officers, canine dogs, equipt, and support?
Those who argue in favor of illegals and amnesty, which includes The Federal Government, rarely do so with facts.

Enforcement is only one issue. It's just another example of the problems associated with illegal aliens.

As mentioned previously (CT?), hospitals have been bankrupted throughout the country by them. Where it's true, The Federal Government compensates hospitals for these losses, The Federal Government is insolvent, so where do people think this money is coming from?

Additionally, The Federal Government, by its own admission, refuses to arrest the children of illegal aliens because it's not good politics . . but obviously, aiding and abetting is, because a simple audit of programs like food stamps would list children of illegal aliens. Follow-up with the next arrest of illegal aliens, and you'll often see ICE freeing parents. So in effect, illegal aliens not only use their children as economic parasites, but like terrorists, they use their children as human shields.

I'm not an advocate of secession, but I see why some States are positioning themselves to declare sovereignty with dissolution from the union, because The Federal Government has abdicated its Constitutional duty to protect our borders from invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
 
526 posts, read 596,543 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv.artistry View Post
Those who argue in favor of illegals and amnesty, which includes The Federal Government, rarely do so with facts.

Enforcement is only one issue. It's just another example of the problems associated with illegal aliens.

As mentioned previously (CT?), hospitals have been bankrupted throughout the country by them. Where it's true, The Federal Government compensates hospitals for these losses, The Federal Government is insolvent, so where do people think this money is coming from?

Additionally, The Federal Government, by its own admission, refuses to arrest the children of illegal aliens because it's not good politics . . but obviously, aiding and abetting is, because a simple audit of programs like food stamps would list children of illegal aliens. Follow-up with the next arrest of illegal aliens, and you'll often see ICE freeing parents. So in effect, illegal aliens not only use their children as economic parasites, but like terrorists, they use their children as human shields.

I'm not an advocate of secession, but I see why some States are positioning themselves to declare sovereignty with dissolution from the union, because The Federal Government has abdicated its Constitutional duty to protect our borders from invasion.
I'm not arguing in favor of illegal immigration but your facts in above post are still bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 02:43 PM
 
4,715 posts, read 8,798,367 times
Reputation: 979
Texas will be the first state to succeed this time around...and it has the perfect loophole to do that.

It was a soverign country (in its own right) who willfully joined the federal confederacy...not a territory gained through annexation.

As such, an option exists where it can withdraw its allegiance.

I expect it will go through the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,751,820 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv.artistry View Post
. . information he compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12850

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes”.
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.
380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens.
97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers.
66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers
When that large % of misbehaving population (whatever it actually is) makes it's impression upon the rest of los angeles citzens & LE, they're daily conditioned to believe that ALL spanish people behave that way (which isn't fact, the legal aliens don't act that way.). The existing/ established latino community bears a considerable brunt in relations. It becomes a vicious cycle in what was previously a well integrated/ tolerant community. When I lived in LA the car insurance they wanted to charge was more than double to compensate for those 'uninsured motorists'. Their impact of deficit is born on lower and middle classes, and their impact of positive is mostly enjoyed by upper class preserving their wealth through artificial wage suppression. Who has to live with the poopy end of the stick is the social strife impacting daily existence. Those are the seeds of discontent that preclude the riots of LA.

Long Island used to be very multi cultural/ tolerant. Then immigrants came and the picture changed into something very ugly.
Flood Of Immigrants To Long Island Sparks Tension : NPR
The report omitted crucial facts about why there was a labor shortage. The young left in droves for decades because the cost of living was oppressive relative to meager wages and something had to give the same way it has in WV. Wages were due to be raised but they found a way around it with illegals. The notion that it would only raise the cost of living for all is false... wealth has been hoarded on the top through gov't market tilting & cost shifting. Wealth has been steadily redistributed to top 5% since the 50's/ 60's.

It wasn't just the young who were out of a job. Blacks got their standard of living, general assistance, and jobs/ wages cut into- I'll replace you with a 'mexican'. Factually most illegals on long island are from guatamala & el salvador, much poorer & politically unstable countries than mexico. Amateur employers enjoying a gov't tilted market act like little napoleons, mimicking the attitudes of corporations without social conscience. Then we were introduced to gang violence. Latino kings or some such nonsense. Grafitti crowns painted on bridges and whatnot. Our already costly police force had to be retrained because they had no experience. The gangs were getting in schools. Then ALL immigrants started getting targeted on the street with vicious behavior from natives.

The most heartbreaking decline of all... legal immigrants were getting abused over social resentment towards illegals. A dear friend of the family was targeted on his way back from a church function, stabbed 16 times and left for dead in the street. He made it, but it's severely strained his faith (and OURS) in America. A band of young black boys identical to the band of young white boys that make headline news. They view immigrants as robbing them of their lives, and through flawed gov't policy, that's what's materially happening to them.

So it's not so much ethnicity that's the problem, it's the critical absorption rate of too much poverty concentrated in one area. That's what happened in Florida with cuban refugees fleeing castro, in chicago with cabrini greens, and in NYC before legal immigrants living in tenements caught on to disperse into the country in smaller groups and not be a human pile of dead weight on a local economy. New Orleans residents post katrina relocated everywhere... concentrating them in a stadium was inhumane and brought down the level of civility that was their custom. Had swift action not been taken the level of civility would have nosedived.

To my knowledge the tacit longstanding Federal mandate is still in place continuing it's assault on economic engines of America corroding social/ work ethics. Things remain exactly as I left them... on the corner of horseblock rd and rte 83 is a 7-11 where the illegals congregate. When they get run off for loitering, they relocate to the Kmart parking lot across the street (which had the highest rate of theft in all of long island- they nearly closed if not for county aid in offsetting upgraded security costs). Drive a truck up there, they'll ask you how many laborers you need, and that's how many jump in the back of the truck. The only difference now is the catholic church is taking their side over the people struggling to cover 250k note on the house, 6-9k yr property tax with a 50-75k salary. The house was never worth 250k (housing bubbles= more flawed federal policy).

So they go to church on Sunday and get the sermon about how they ought to be more charitable when their own children cannot afford to live in their hometowns. Their married kids are living in their basements. Then the mass exodus of middle class to places like NC and SC displacing their native population, and those natives moving to displace another native population. The upper class don't have to deal with it, they have gated communities insulating them from discomfort, until the day they grasp that the middle class was the levee that upheld their higher standard of living. Then that gated community becomes a cage. The working class takes a regular assault of generally reduced standard of living & crime. Take a look again at Cleveland and Cincinati Ohio. View it as a tornado of poverty that lays civilization to waste, the only difference being the speed at which it occurs to a region. Rust belt syndrome is the speed of moss.

This can be turned around, although libertarians will argue against it because they seem to believe nothing good comes of governance. I have an example of the Vanderbilt family setting the tone by fostering a middle class and raising the bar for all but I think that might be another thread and this post is already way too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
 
11,962 posts, read 7,751,820 times
Reputation: 2772
It might appear this is unrelated, but it's not. Global economy is mirroring the problems we have going on with concentrations of poverty in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luWubx6vIlM
IMO national policy must change to foster fiscal health instead of what we've been doing all along. If we can figure out how to implement things on a micro scale it just might serve to solve things on the macro scale. Create a template of success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Charleston, West Virginia USA
68 posts, read 125,853 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupMcToots View Post
. . your facts in above post are still bogus.
Random link :
"UMC officials, who project a budget deficit of more than $70 million for fiscal year 2010 . ."
http://www.lvrj.com/news/more-illegal-immigrants-getting-emergency-treatment-at-umc-82579442.html

The Federal Government is insolvent (broke, bankrupt, pick a word). To pay for the costs associated with illegal aliens, they are either going to tax you, borrow it, or print it.


Random link :
ICE Report to DHS
Removals Involving Illegal Alien Parents of United States Citizen Children (http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:6S9_jcAGga4J:www.dhs.gov/xoig/assets/mgmtrpts/OIG_09-15_Jan09.pdf+ice+releases+parents+of+illegal+alien s&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#11 - broken link)

Convictions per Alien Parent . .
6% No convictions
5% One conviction
10% Two convictions
19% Three convictions
38% Four convictions
22% Five convictions

Alien Parent Removals (1998 - 2007) . .
Present without authorization 68,179
Criminal violations 63,510
Previously removed, ineligible for reentry 25,604
Attempted entry without proper documents or through fraudor misrepresentation 20,340
Public charge 1,118
Smuggling or aiding illegal entry 725
Failed to maintain status 664
Other 313
National security and related grounds13
Total Parent Removals 180,466

Some estimate the breaches of our border at one million per year. And over ten years, only 180,466 illegal alien parents were deported? As I stated, when you follow up on the arrests made by ICE, they tend to let illegal alien parents free.

I wouldn't have used the phrase "not politically feasible" had it not been used by The Federal Government with regards to removing children of illegal aliens.


Random link :
West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services
West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources Home Page

Apply for Food Stamps (SNAP), as an illegal alien, and though as an illegal alien you are ineligible, your illegal alien children are eligible.


Random link :
Alabama Affirms Sovereignty*|*Tenth Amendment Center Blog

20+ States have declarations of sovereignty (including West Virginia), and some have passed these declarations into law.

Etc.

Last edited by wv.artistry; 01-31-2010 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
 
526 posts, read 596,543 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv.artistry View Post
Random link :
"UMC officials, who project a budget deficit of more than $70 million for fiscal year 2010 . ."
http://www.lvrj.com/news/more-illegal-immigrants-getting-emergency-treatment-at-umc-82579442.html

The Federal Government is insolvent (broke, bankrupt, pick a word). To pay for the costs associated with illegal aliens, they are either going to tax you, borrow it, or print it.


Random link :
ICE Report to DHS
Removals Involving Illegal Alien Parents of United States Citizen Children (http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:6S9_jcAGga4J:www.dhs.gov/xoig/assets/mgmtrpts/OIG_09-15_Jan09.pdf+ice+releases+parents+of+illegal+alien s&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#11 - broken link)

Convictions per Alien Parent . .
6% No convictions
5% One conviction
10% Two convictions
19% Three convictions
38% Four convictions
22% Five convictions

Alien Parent Removals (1998 - 2007) . .
Present without authorization 68,179
Criminal violations 63,510
Previously removed, ineligible for reentry 25,604
Attempted entry without proper documents or through fraudor misrepresentation 20,340
Public charge 1,118
Smuggling or aiding illegal entry 725
Failed to maintain status 664
Other 313
National security and related grounds13
Total Parent Removals 180,466

Some estimate the breaches of our border at one million per year. And over ten years, only 180,466 illegal alien parents were deported? As I stated, when you follow up on the arrests made by ICE, they tend to let illegal alien parents free.

I wouldn't have used the phrase "not politically feasible" had it not been used by The Federal Government with regards to removing children of illegal aliens.


Random link :
West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services
West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources Home Page

Apply for Food Stamps (SNAP), as an illegal alien, and though as an illegal alien you are ineligible, your illegal alien children are eligible.


Random link :
Alabama Affirms Sovereignty*|*Tenth Amendment Center Blog

20+ States have declarations of sovereignty (including West Virginia), and some have passed these declarations into law.

Etc.

The email you posted above is bogus. It has been around since 2002 attributed to different people usually retired police officers. Those figures were discredited a long time ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top