U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 PM

404 posts, read 907,556 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]West Virginia Discovers the Internet | NBC Washington (http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/West-Virginia-Discovers-the-Internet-79608847.html - broken link)

I encourage everyone to read this. If you feel compelled, please write a quick email to those in charge at NBC 4 and express your displeasure. This particular article is pretty outrageous in that it was posted as a "news" story. Credit to WVsports.com for bringing this to my attention.
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 08:12 PM

566 posts, read 1,358,387 times
Disgusting.

I hope they lose some ad revenue over this.

He should write an apology and retraction, televise it on the NBC Nightly News, then do a real article on the bloat that is Washington, DC.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:26 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,209,868 times
Oh, they definitely got a "happy *$%!# holidays" email from me.

Jokes are one thing - this guy was vomiting through his keyboard. I would suggest letting that site know that you'll be informing their advertisers you won't be doing business with anyone who places ads on a site that publishes junk like that. Money talks.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:50 PM

9,327 posts, read 11,167,557 times
Good grief. Half the people living in DC can't read and write,
and the rest are corrupt politicians yet they want to ridicule
others with stereotypical garbage? Typical liberal media wack
jobs.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM

10,507 posts, read 14,149,247 times
Let them yuck it up. Keeps the numbnuts away from our state.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 AM

1,778 posts, read 3,231,744 times
I couldn't get my comment to post on the article. They may have disabled anymore comments. But from reading the responses, it sounds like this guy really angered a lot of folks.

He owes his readers and the residents of WV an apology.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 AM

936 posts, read 1,595,333 times
This article is completely ridiculous. I must admit as a native WVian, I do enjoy an occasional WV joke, however this just went way too far. I can't believe someone would actually consider writing and posting an article on a news site that has parts of WV in it's media market. However, it is good to see other DC metro residents standng up for us even if they aren't from here. -mmccul

Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 AM

9,327 posts, read 11,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I couldn't get my comment to post on the article. They may have disabled anymore comments. But from reading the responses, it sounds like this guy really angered a lot of folks.

He owes his readers and the residents of WV an apology.
Go to the station's webpage... that's what I did, and click on the "Contact Us" link. I told them they should be ashamed to have a semi literate moron like that working for them, and quoted his use of the phrase "Yokels to the west". That's akin to one of us writing something like "ignorant ghetto dwellers to the east" or "inbred elitists from East of the Blue Ridge".

By the way... someone should try to get this to Manchin. He isn't good for much else, but he would respond to this.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 AM

2,429 posts, read 6,214,051 times
What if we divert the Potomac to flow into the Cheat, or the Greenbrier?

Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,278,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Good grief. Half the people living in DC can't read and write,
and the rest are corrupt politicians yet they want to ridicule
others with stereotypical garbage? Typical liberal media wack
jobs.
In the District proper yes indeed..it's a sea of either extreme wealth or poverty. The DC Metro area in the MD and VA burbs though have the highest income and education levels in the country. This media report is proof however that money and brains don't necessarily equal class!

One thing though...how do you even know this guy is liberal? Let me guess its because its from the NBC? Is everything always a big partisan issue to you? Did it ever occur to you that this guy might be conservative? or independent? or anarchist? What does it even matter? It's a pointless piece of journalistic trash the likes of which are written on a daily basis. Has nothing to do with being liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia