U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:17 PM

47 posts, read 177,429 times

Advertisements

I'm so glad there are so many positive thoughts and stories coming out for visiting folks to read about our state. Makes me even prouder to be from WV!
Marilyn
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM

215 posts, read 1,094,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Proud View Post
I'm so glad there are so many positive thoughts and stories coming out for visiting folks to read about our state. Makes me even prouder to be from WV!
Marilyn
Be proud and happy! WV is wonderful and I call it "God's country!"

Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 38,673 times
i was born and raised in WV and still think of the quiet mountains and peaceful living there. I have traveled all over and now live in Tucson Az
lots of mountains but no trees. Was back there few years ago and it is
pretty much the same. My grandfather always called it Garden of Eden.
John Denver "West Virginia" got it right.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM

I visited WV 3 times and every time I cross the border I pop in the CD and start singing with John Denver "Take Me Home Country Roads!"

I was in a pizza joint in Davis, WV and they had a jukebox. I searched thru all the songs looking for the "Take Me Home" song - but it wasn't there

Do local WVirginians like that song? I would assume they would.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:57 PM

10 posts, read 34,543 times
Default You are in Chicago?

If you are in Chicago, yes this is Chicago culture, it's not personal. It takes getting used to if you are from a rural area where people are friendly in person to most people they run across.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:50 AM

10 posts, read 30,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaf View Post
Hi,West Virginian born and breed here and there is no where else like it in the US.....lots of nice places around the US......I have been to ever state except Montana, Washington, and Vermont.....and believe me West Virginia rates way up there in the down home friendlness, pull up a seat and take your shoes off kind of people.....that's not to say that there aren't some irratating people here i'm sure if you look hard enough you can find them , but for the most part West Virginia people are very friendly and helpful, , most would give ya the shirt off their back if they found you in need.......Mathew McConaughey sure seems to like it in Huntington......The movie is made but he just keeps comin back!
I couldnt agree with you more. I was born in Martinsburg. Moving back soon. Cant stand the nothern states. too stuck up and paranoid of their neighbors. That is really sad

Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 AM

10 posts, read 30,004 times
WV rocks with friendly and giving folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tterry71 View Post
WV rocks with friendly and giving folks!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll second that!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:47 PM

6 posts, read 15,099 times
I like the people in W.V., very nice,we bought some property there and my neighbors invited us to dinner, we haven't built yet, still out of state, selling this house first, ( I have lived in present house for two years still haven't met some neighbors). I don't get the rude stuff either just unhappy I guess.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 PM

109 posts, read 406,119 times
Default yep

I live in chicago now was in bluefield wv as a child. We moved to illinois when i was like 7 or eight. I went back in aug. my parents decided after living in illinois for the last i dont know 20 years to move back . They brought a cheap house and are living better there then they ever did here. I want to move there to just wasnt sure what area. I am 30 and have a family of two kids. I need a decent job as well as reasonable houses in a decent neighborhood. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia