U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,557 times

Advertisements

I was heading east down US Rt.50 cruising along not noticing how fast I was going till I saw the flashing lights and a State Trooper pulled me over and said I was doing 100 in a 65 MPH zone. He added reckless driving to the ticket saying I "lied" to him when I said I didn't know I was going that fast. I'm in my 20's this is my first ticket. Anyone with any legal advice or knowledge of the magistrate system in Ritchie County please reply.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:40 PM

33,507 posts, read 19,051,144 times
How fast were you going? Usually, I just pay the fine and move on. It's easy to cruise along on Rt 50 and not realize how fast you are really going . . especially when there is little to no other traffic.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How fast were you going? Usually, I just pay the fine and move on. It's easy to cruise along on Rt 50 and not realize how fast you are really going . . especially when there is little to no other traffic.
No doubt.I was around 100 but the officer was being a real butthole he should have cut me a break but after doing some research he was a bottom of the totem pole trooper.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 PM

70 posts, read 242,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfizzle View Post
No doubt.I was around 100 but the officer was being a real butthole he should have cut me a break but after doing some research he was a bottom of the totem pole trooper.
Maybe you shouldn't drive 100 in a 65. Instead of assuming that you should have been cut a break maybe you should accept some responsibility. If it was a senior trooper would you have not been doing 100? I don't see what his rank has to do with it.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 AM

180 posts, read 318,665 times
Hopefully they will suspend your license. That way the rest of us will get a break, before you kill someone.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 AM

33,507 posts, read 19,051,144 times
Yeesss, 100 is pretty darn fast. I don't think I've ever driven that fast. I would definitely pay my fine; not complain; and slow down!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM

404 posts, read 1,104,509 times
Good grief. Slow down! Nothing is worth driving that fast for.

I drive 50 in Ritchie county every day to take my kids to school. Kudos to the officer who gave you the ticket! What was the officer's name? I'd like to send him a big thank you!

Ok, I'm done ranting and will give you some info about what you are up against.

When you go to magistrate court...be as respectful and sorry as you can possibly be! We just had a trooper critically injured by a drunk driver while he had another suspected drunk pulled over. It will not serve you well to show up with an attitude in that court right now. It may have been trooper pringle's partner that pulled you over. If so, just pay your fine and be thankful he didn't figure out more charges against you. And slow down before you kill yourself or someone else!

Last edited by Sharedspirit; 05-25-2010 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM

9,188 posts, read 31,248,491 times
Quote:
No doubt.I was around 100 but the officer was being a real butthole he should have cut me a break
Why?

He may have saved someone's life. That's their job.

Sorry - the trend here is that you won't find sympathy for those who are excessive speeders (and admit it) and look for advice on how to get out of it. No one on city-data should dispense legal advice over the web anyway (and we would delete any responses that do).

Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM

2,429 posts, read 6,693,910 times
Quote:
No doubt.I was around 100 but the officer was being a real butthole
Let's see... you're going about 35mph above the speed limit, you're not paying enough attention to realize you're going that fast, and you think it's the officer who doesn't have his act together???

I think you're mighty lucky. First of all, that you didn't have an accident and kill someone, perhaps yourself. Secondly, I think if I were the officer, I'd inspect your vehicle bolt by bolt, and cite you for every little thing I could. Just for good measure, I'd call in the dog with the great nose, to see if he can find anything.

As Greg said, it looks like you came to the wrong place for sympathy.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:25 PM

15,222 posts, read 17,550,435 times
If you want to drive fast move to Montana. I did.

Until then- 100 on Rt 50 is excessive. You want him to cut a you a break? Lucky he didn't cut your drivers i.d. into little itty-bitty pieces and then hauled you to the po-po.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia