Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM

9 posts, read 18,620 times

Advertisements

Any information on Wesley Ave in Port Chester? I am considering moving to the area.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,346 times
No problems. My friend lives on Irving street for 10 years. Good location if you take the bus. Only issue is that you are close to Westchester Ave which is a busy street.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:38 AM

83,267 posts, read 74,477,134 times
Wife lived on Wesley for 30 years..Very busy area. Westchester Avenue has lots of noise and I dont mean sound noise either. Its a cute little area in a subburb wanna be I call it.

P.S - There was a suicide/murder(not known yet) on Westchester Avenue 2 blocks from Wesley. There was also a riot last night on Westchester Avenue...The population has not only increased but changed nationalities. Whites are a minority in Port Chester. Thats a fact

Old 08-13-2010, 10:30 AM

9 posts, read 18,620 times
Wow thanks. It seems like safe area...don't mind Westchester Avenue so much. My husband works there.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,291,182 times
Yeah, the bus stop for the 13 is literally right there on the corner of wesley and westchester ave. When you go a little further down Westchester ave, there's lots of little Hispanic bakeries, restaurants..great food. I'm getting hungry just thinking about some of the places over there!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,126 times
Default portchester sucks

Portchester is a really bad place, its full of crime, such as illegals, drunks, drug dealers & slumlords. So if you want to live there, good luck. If the U.S. Boarder Patrol & Ice came to Portchester, 80% of the town would be empty.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:33 PM

2,440 posts, read 6,220,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired of westchester ny View Post
Portchester is a really bad place, its full of crime, such as illegals, drunks, drug dealers & slumlords. So if you want to live there, good luck. If the U.S. Boarder Patrol & Ice came to Portchester, 80% of the town would be empty.
What a bunch of bull-loney. You should have seen Port Chester 20 year ago. It was a competly dump. Now it is one of the restaurant capitals of Westchester. And yes, the wealthy people of Greenwich spend lots of money in Port Chester.

The immigrants have revitalized the community. Check out all the restaurants and business owned by Hispanic immigrants.

Illegal immigration is a problem because it results in overcrowded living conditions and schools. But the vast majority of illegal aliens are not drug addicts, drunks and robbers, for goodness sakes.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,721 times
But they should be deported! Everyone else emigrated legally. Cubans, italians, germans, irish. Why should illegals get special treatment. They are called illegal because they are breaking the law! They are criminals.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,777 times
Special treatment where?? lmfao

all the busboys and the landscaping employees are mostly immigrants - once they are gone who would work for 9$ an hour?

You?

Old 07-16-2011, 07:51 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,438,268 times
This thread is over a year old, but my hunch is that any one of the 9.4% of the country that are currently unemployed and have a family to feed would step up to the plate.

$9 an hour, though? For an illegal? Even that seems high, but I moved from LA where they were a dime a dozen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County