U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 AM

15 posts, read 43,828 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide recommendations for child care centers in the New Rochelle/Scarsdale vicinity? Preferably a center that has extended afternoon hours (through 6:30?).

Also, what is considered a reasonable monthly fee for an 4 month old infant?

Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 AM

3 posts, read 6,240 times
I would interested in this as well. I have looked online, but could not really find anything....

Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 AM

44 posts, read 99,263 times
[SIZE=2]Look in to Child Care Council of Westchester. They can refer you to a bunch of places.
[/SIZE]

Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,900 times
I am also interested in finding out what kind of day care in available for infants and what the average cost is in the New Rochelle area.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 PM

48 posts, read 123,645 times
The New York State Division of Child Care Services has a website you can use to search for childcare providers that are licensed through New York State.

As PP mentioned, the Child Care Council of Westchester is also a great local resource; if you fill out their online form, someone from the Council will contact you. (I believe you can also call them directly.) I didn't care as much for their online search page as the NYS one listed above.

Finally, when I was thinking about switching my DCP (I ultimately ended staying), one of the places I contacted was Bright Horizons at the Kehillah School. It's located in New Rochelle, but fairly close to Scarsdale, which sounds like it might meet your criteria. Additionally, I believe the facility is either new or recently updated (I never ended up going to visit, since I decided not to switch DCP) and it offers extended hours (7am-7pm).

Good luck with your search!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:16 PM

48 posts, read 123,645 times
Oh, I forgot to mention in response to your question about a 4 month old infant; in NYS, I believe the category "infant" applies to to any child 18 months or younger. (It may even span the 0-2 year old category.) Infants require a higher caregiver to child ratio (1 to 3), while toddlers and older children require a 1 to 4 ration. As a result, prices for infants may be higher at a daycare center; for example, I believe that the Cornerstone Children's Center on Garth Rd. (technically Eastchester, but right next to the Scarsdale train station) charges more for infants per month than toddlers or preschoolers, so be prepared to pay more for putting your itty bitty in daycare.

If you choose to go the group family daycare route (which is what I did), you may not have to pay more for an infant.

As for reasonable amounts, well, this is Westchester. Nothing here, price-wise, is reasonable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County