Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,005,792 times

Advertisements

My Craftsman Weedwacker, (Model # 358.791010 ) does not start. originally it took about 5 - 10 minutes to start and once it was running, I'd hit the switch from "START" to "RUN" and then it would shut off. I changed the air filter and the spark plug, now I sit there repeatedly trying to start it and it wont start period. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also noticed that the "bulb' you press 5 or 6 times to pump gas in to start the weedwhacker on a cold start does not perk up back to a bubble as quick as it used to. Thank you again

I was thinking the carbeurator??? But who knows

Thanks to all for your future assistance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
I had a Bolens that had the same symptoms one year. First spray the carburetor intake area with carb cleaner (gum out) then try to start it. If it starts but does a choke out style stall out then you are dealing with possible gum build up in the carb. You should try to power spray and clean out the carb. Starter fluid is a good way to confirm if it's the carb / electrical. Just spray a little if it catchs/stalls/chokes out then definetly the carb. If it doesn't catch then it may be the starter module.

Check the clear fuel lines, when you pump the primer bulb they should be full of fuel, if not check the lines for cracks or breaks. This can cause the suction on the fuel to be lost.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
I realize this is no help, but...throw the damn thing in the garbage and treat yourself to a cordless weed trimmer. Good ones last a solid 45-50 minutes on a single charge, more than enough to blast out a good-sized yard.

I got sick of my gas-powered nightmare taking me 5-10 minutes of babying just to get going. I'll never buy another.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:52 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,005,792 times
Default weed trimmer

Well a friend of mine also told me about a weed wacker that runs on propane...that sounds interesting...probably easier to start up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County