Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM

7 posts, read 39,424 times

Advertisements

i just found out that my new role at work will require lots of travel. what are the best wetchester towns in terms of commuting to lga? my husband will be working in manhattan so we are trying to balance his commute vs. mine. i've looked up distances from the airport and that sort of thing but have no idea what traffic is like on different roads and how long it will actually take from different parts of westchester. thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:26 PM

43 posts, read 142,840 times
I work pretty close to LGA at a school on the Corona and Flushing border, and I live in New Rochelle. The commute is pretty quick, but that's because I leave around 6:30 in the morning, and leave work at 3:15 in the afternoon. The times I've come home later, it also hasn't been bad. It's between 20 and 25 minutes. I encounter no traffic; I go from the Hutch south to the Whitestone, and once I cross the bridge, I take exit 13D for Northern Boulevard and am right there.
That's from New Rochelle. We're considering buying a place next year, but we'd go no further north than White Plains because of my commute. It takes between 40 and 45 minutes from there. The only downside to it is the toll on the Whitestone, but it's worth it to not live out on the Island and encounter that LIE traffic that all my coworkers complain about.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgirl View Post
i just found out that my new role at work will require lots of travel. what are the best wetchester towns in terms of commuting to lga? my husband will be working in manhattan so we are trying to balance his commute vs. mine. i've looked up distances from the airport and that sort of thing but have no idea what traffic is like on different roads and how long it will actually take from different parts of westchester. thanks for the help!
ANYWHERE NEAR METRO-NORTH!!!!!!! take metro-north to 125th Not grand central!!!! then use M60 bus to LGA IT'S FAST NOT SLOW!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra07 View Post
I work pretty close to LGA at a school on the Corona and Flushing border, and I live in New Rochelle. The commute is pretty quick, but that's because I leave around 6:30 in the morning, and leave work at 3:15 in the afternoon. The times I've come home later, it also hasn't been bad. It's between 20 and 25 minutes. I encounter no traffic; I go from the Hutch south to the Whitestone, and once I cross the bridge, I take exit 13D for Northern Boulevard and am right there.
That's from New Rochelle. We're considering buying a place next year, but we'd go no further north than White Plains because of my commute. It takes between 40 and 45 minutes from there. The only downside to it is the toll on the Whitestone, but it's worth it to not live out on the Island and encounter that LIE traffic that all my coworkers complain about.
to hell with LIE
LIRR to flushing for q48 or jamacia for E train to jackson heights then use Q33. But for you new rochelle the 45 bus is fast en rte to pelham then Q50 which is also fast then Q48 done!!! but the 45 is the weakest link due to schedule

Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
ANYWHERE NEAR METRO-NORTH!!!!!!! take metro-north to 125th Not grand central!!!! then use M60 bus to LGA IT'S FAST NOT SLOW!!!!!!
And if someone's flight gets in at 11:30 PM? Sleep at the airport?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 AM

506 posts, read 1,313,266 times
Anyplace in SE Westchester is pretty quick to LGA. I live in SW Westchester and it only takes me about 30 minutes with light traffic.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM

413 posts, read 1,106,004 times
Try Pelham. It's really convenient to LG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County