U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2006, 03:40 AM

15 posts, read 77,508 times

Advertisements

Hello to ALL from Hamburg/GERMANY . . is maybe somebody able to tell me where I can see/find pictures/photos from White Plains,NY (particular the area arround 10606WhitePlains,HardingAve,McKinleyAve,BattleAve) . . . . . Maybe you hear/reed this often , but the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE was the time I was LIVING IN WHITE PLAINS; NY . . . . . . .I'm just looking for some new or old pictures/photo/postcards . . . in any way. You can leave a messaga here or at my email.Please excuse if my english is not so good,but I'm since 1971 in GERMANY and lost a lot of my english writing. Greetings to ALL from GERMANY . . . . PAT . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2006, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpastPAT View Post
Hello to ALL from Hamburg/GERMANY . . is maybe somebody able to tell me where I can see/find pictures/photos from White Plains,NY (particular the area arround 10606WhitePlains,HardingAve,McKinleyAve,BattleAve) . . . . . Maybe you hear/reed this often , but the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE was the time I was LIVING IN WHITE PLAINS; NY . . . . . . .I'm just looking for some new or old pictures/photo/postcards . . . in any way. You can leave a messaga here or at my email.Please excuse if my english is not so good,but I'm since 1971 in GERMANY and lost a lot of my english writing. Greetings to ALL from GERMANY . . . . PAT . . .
HI TO ALL
Could it be true that nobody knows "white Plains,NY"? I can't believe it I s really nobody arround who can help me a little bit ?
Greetings to ALL from Hamburg/GERMANY

. . . Pat . . .

Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 PM

100 posts, read 584,021 times
Well I guess I will do this...I live about 10 minutes from white plains and it probably has changed a lot from what you remember it to be. The city now has a skyline and one of the up and coming cities in the New York City area.

Houses are expensive there nowadays. The city is bustling and has lots to do....becoming a big commuter city as its proximity, travelling via Metro-North is only about 30 minutes. The new trump towers are building luxury condos....dont forget City Center with movie theatres (with IMAX) Barnes and Noble, COldstones...all the goodies. It truly has undergone a remarkable transformation.

Sorry I do not have pics

Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmos View Post
Well I guess I will do this...I live about 10 minutes from white plains and it probably has changed a lot from what you remember it to be. The city now has a skyline and one of the up and coming cities in the New York City area.

Houses are expensive there nowadays. The city is bustling and has lots to do....becoming a big commuter city as its proximity, travelling via Metro-North is only about 30 minutes. The new trump towers are building luxury condos....dont forget City Center with movie theatres (with IMAX) Barnes and Noble, COldstones...all the goodies. It truly has undergone a remarkable transformation.

Sorry I do not have pics
Dear brahmos

Thank you for answering ,that`s what I also found out,a lot changed . . even my school is now called "Hill Condominiums"IŽ`s hard you find out something that is so long ago . . and so far away. . .I think I got not so much luck,but thank you very much.

greetings from Hamburg/Germany
pat

Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM

14 posts, read 113,400 times
Here you go LOSTPASTPAT:

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1245/NEWS0223

www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=101410&aid=3&sro=1

www.cityofwhiteplains.com

www.wpcnr.com

www.whiteplainsdowntown.com

www.wptimes.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Plains,_New_York

www.whiteplainshistory.org

www.whiteplains.com

www.suburbanstreet.com

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/?id=148353&aid=8

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...ny&btnG=Search

Hope this helps. White Plains is still a great place to live. There is plenty of information on these sites to bring you back up to date on the area.

Good luck and be well!

Last edited by WPNY10601; 02-19-2007 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Subject

Old 05-14-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Thank you WPNY10601

Thank you for answering , I looked most of the sites already , but it seems they don`t have the information I`m looking for , but tyvm. I think my problem is my "less-english" ..and for sure the distance .But thank you VERY much

Greetings
lostpastPAT

Old 05-14-2007, 12:25 PM

2,806 posts, read 15,183,783 times
White Plains has changed a lot over the past couple of decades. A lot of new buildings and stores have been developed so that the town is much more lively than it was 20 years ago.

The ritz carlton is going to open 2 new condo/hotel buildings in a year or two http://www.cappelli-inc.com/developm...cesquare.shtml

Donald Trump built his condo building a couple years back and there is still a decent ammount of development yet to occur in White Plains.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Thank you for your reply mead

That`s what I found out too , it changed a lot.But i still didn`t find any pics from "my area" around 1968/71 and now .

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
White Plains has changed a lot over the past couple of decades. A lot of new buildings and stores have been developed so that the town is much more lively than it was 20 years ago.

The ritz carlton is going to open 2 new condo/hotel buildings in a year or two http://www.cappelli-inc.com/developm...cesquare.shtml

Donald Trump built his condo building a couple years back and there is still a decent ammount of development yet to occur in White Plains.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM

14 posts, read 113,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpastPAT View Post
Thank you for answering , I looked most of the sites already , but it seems they don`t have the information I`m looking for , but tyvm. I think my problem is my "less-english" ..and for sure the distance .But thank you VERY much

Greetings
lostpastPAT
Sorry lostpastPAT - I thought those links would help!

Have you tried the program "Google Earth"? You can download the free version from Google's website -- enter the zipcode (10606 I think you said) and view the area. You can also give it any street address that you want to see. It may help you with your search.

I can also go out one day and shoot some pictures for you and email them to you or post them here if you wish. If you give me a list of specifics things you want pictures of, I don't mind doing that.

I'll check back here in a few months to see your response. Otherwise, try Google Earth and see if that helps.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or