U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 AM

71 posts, read 202,694 times

Advertisements

Yes, I am definitely anxious about moving out of the city, bg7! I know I need to settle down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 8,121,938 times
I had anxieties about leaving the city too - I found out after moving my anxieties were unfounded

Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,601 times
i'm looking to move to rye neck school district too and also stressed about babysitting. I have two children a boy who will be in kindergarten and a girl who will be 2. Its too expensive to pay for care for both but i have to work only part time. Its not fair that my friend who lives in a nice area in the bronx pays much less taxes can get free after school programs but in rye where you have to pay much more and everyone assumes you are wealthy they don't offer anything affordable to parents. They squeeze every last penny out of the middle class. I hope i can find a nice playmate for my son after school and possibly swap babysitting hours with another mom.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 8,121,938 times
Heather -There's bound to be people in the same situation as you. Its just a matter of doing the legwork to find them, which will likely be easier when you are already there. I'd recommned at the various nusery schools/kindergartens and possibly the library as a start. Also when you move in get chatting to the neighbors and find out who has young'uns etc.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,530 times
Default Saxon woods country.

I have heard great things about bright horizons.

I moved my child from Saxon woods country to Hudson country Montessori, where my other kids had attended nursery school. I didn't like Saxon woods at all! the schoool was dirty, there was nothing organized to meet other parents, no parent-teacher conferences (link Hudson has), my child was sick all the time, her was getting all possible viruses. They also say they do a home cooked meal for the kids, while all they do is give them frozen foods, like chicken nugets and pasta with ketchup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livydoo View Post
Just moved to Rye and am looking for a quality full day nursery school for my 2 yr old. Getting frustrated with lack of full day programs in the area. We would prefer a school to a childcare chain but open to suggestions. Anyone have any personal experience with programs in the area for this age? Looked at Bright Horizons, Saxon Woods Country School, and Liberty Montessori so far. I have been trying to finds reviews on these schools but have not had any luck. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-11-2015, 11:31 PM

5 posts, read 5,914 times
There is a nice nursery in lower Westchester county called Rosedale nursery but it is very pricey. I have made several online purchases but am looking for that "go to" local or semi local nursery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:04 AM

3,405 posts, read 1,321,204 times
I live in Rye Neck and send both my children to Bright Horizons in White Plains. I love it. It is very educational, very organized and well run. However, it is very pricey. For both kids, we are paying 3800 per month full time. Once my daughter reaches preschool age it will go down to about 3200. I used to send my daughter to Kathy's Kids (in Rye Neck), an at home daycare. I loved that as well. They were very loving and nurturing. My daughter learned the alphabet and all of her colors before the age of 2. The problem with keeping her there was that the hours are only 730-5 and I could no longer leave work early to pick her up. It was cheaper at 1350 per month. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County