Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,131 times

Advertisements

I am in the same situation with Strawberry Hill, and I found only 2 reviews of Bronxville Elementary School, and one of them says "Academically this school may be superior but socially it is a horrible place to grow up. Where kids are teased about the brand of their clothing and teachers brag about plastic surgery. Twisted - it is sad because there is so much more to life but test scores attract parents trying to do the right thing." Excellent education but too many snobs...is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina66 View Post
I am in the same situation with Strawberry Hill, and I found only 2 reviews of Bronxville Elementary School, and one of them says "Academically this school may be superior but socially it is a horrible place to grow up. Where kids are teased about the brand of their clothing and teachers brag about plastic surgery. Twisted - it is sad because there is so much more to life but test scores attract parents trying to do the right thing." Excellent education but too many snobs...is that true?
You will get this kind of crowd in any school you attend so I don't think Bronxville is exceptional in this regard. Even in NYC's inefficient public schools, you will find students of tremendous wealth (or spending) and are not ashamed to show it off - kids with Chanel bags and Brooks Bros. jackets. If your kids are responsible and focsed on their schoolwork, they will not be affected by it.

My impression of the tour in Bronxville was more positive than negative. I saw students in and out of the classroom focused on their academic work and not keen to create any distractions. As long as they behave that way everyday I won't care what they wear to school.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,226 times
two years ago we transferred from the British international school of new york. We have found the bronxville school and village exceeded our expectations. We have found no element of status issues or any social challenges. In fact, we found just the opposite and were very pleased at how well our daughter settled in to the school and community. Bronxville is a lovely place with a school that seems to care about each student.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,154 times
Hi we moved from London to Westchester 2 years ago. My kids are 4 and 2 now. We lived in a Scarsdale address first, only to find out that it was not in the Scarsdale school district (Scarsdale public schools are also pretty good, but we could not send our kids there, so make sure that the house you buy/rent will be in the school district you are interested in). I chose a preschool in Scarsdale, called the Scarsdale Congregational Church Nursery School and I love it. It is non denominational; there are only 3 classes (2's, 3's and 4's) and the teachers are just wonderful. It will be easy to make friends,because many mums are stay at home mums and we organise play dates at each other's houses; meet at the park, go to the zoo etc... If you would like to contact me directly, let me know.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM

148 posts, read 531,701 times
Try further North in Cortlandt Manor region..good schools, nice safe area, and much lower taxes vs. Scarsdale or Bronxville.
It's also 5 minutes from Bear Mountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County